Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Well done Fleck! Let's keep the momentum going. Like he said, it's the #1 priority and he's certainly trying his best to close the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1107 View Post
    Saw that too. Would be nice to have him commit early, as well.
    Carroll is a 2019 recruit. So it would be really early.

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - what a start to the class!

Holy ****! Great start to the 2018 class! Welcome aboard Benny!!!

We usually don't get our first football commit this early do we? I haven't followed football recruiting closely in quite awhile, but I thought I recalled seeing people getting nervous about not having any football commits in May or June in the past.

Seems like a great commit from looking at that offer list though!

So he was in Florida but will or has transferred to Eden Prairie? I'm assuming his family lives in MN?

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    So he was in Florida but will or has transferred to Eden Prairie? I'm assuming his family lives in MN?
    I believe he already has transferred and sat out last year (I think?) because of an injury late in his SO season.

This is a HUGE get by PJ!!!

In May he was 50-50 between Clemson and Florida and we just swooped in and got him!

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    We usually don't get our first football commit this early do we? I haven't followed football recruiting closely in quite awhile, but I thought I recalled seeing people getting nervous about not having any football commits in May or June in the past.

February is pretty typical. A few years ago Bronson Dovich was our 1st commit in May, but that isn't normal.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post

We usually start right about now. Shortly after signing day. Penn State already has 11.

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    Wow. This guy had offers from all of the big guys.
    And then he tore the same ACL a second time

per Greder:

Sapp is the son of former Vikings cornerback Benny Sapp, and he transferred to Eden Prairie this summer from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., according to Kyle Goblirsch of 247sports.com.

Sapp’s father attended Iowa and then Northern Iowa and was an un-drafted free agent that had an eight-year NFL career. He played for the Vikings from 2008-09 and 2011 as well as the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins.

Sapp III, who is 6 feet and 183 pounds, said Minnesota was his 26th offer on Monday. He has been given three stars and has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan Ohio State and Georgia, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/11...enny-sapp-iii/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Well done Fleck! Let's keep the momentum going. Like he said, it's the #1 priority and he's certainly trying his best to close the borders.
    Kill and Claeys already closed the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by SJUgopher View Post
    Tracy Claeys hadn't even offered him.
    Who cares? He's not the coach anymore. Move on.