Benny Sapp III Commits!

Well done Fleck! Let's keep the momentum going. Like he said, it's the #1 priority and he's certainly trying his best to close the borders.

Holy ****! Great start to the 2018 class! Welcome aboard Benny!!!

We usually don't get our first football commit this early do we? I haven't followed football recruiting closely in quite awhile, but I thought I recalled seeing people getting nervous about not having any football commits in May or June in the past.

Seems like a great commit from looking at that offer list though!

So he was in Florida but will or has transferred to Eden Prairie? I'm assuming his family lives in MN?

So he was in Florida but will or has transferred to Eden Prairie? I'm assuming his family lives in MN?

I believe he already has transferred and sat out last year (I think?) because of an injury late in his SO season.

This is a HUGE get by PJ!!!

We usually don't get our first football commit this early do we? I haven't followed football recruiting closely in quite awhile, but I thought I recalled seeing people getting nervous about not having any football commits in May or June in the past.

February is pretty typical. A few years ago Bronson Dovich was our 1st commit in May, but that isn't normal.

We usually start right about now. Shortly after signing day. Penn State already has 11.

per Greder:

Sapp is the son of former Vikings cornerback Benny Sapp, and he transferred to Eden Prairie this summer from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., according to Kyle Goblirsch of 247sports.com.

Sapp’s father attended Iowa and then Northern Iowa and was an un-drafted free agent that had an eight-year NFL career. He played for the Vikings from 2008-09 and 2011 as well as the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins.

Sapp III, who is 6 feet and 183 pounds, said Minnesota was his 26th offer on Monday. He has been given three stars and has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan Ohio State and Georgia, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...l-commitment-of-2018-class-is-benny-sapp-iii/

Go Gophers!!

Well done Fleck! Let's keep the momentum going. Like he said, it's the #1 priority and he's certainly trying his best to close the borders.

Kill and Claeys already closed the borders.

And then he tore the same ACL a second time

What are the details on this? How recent?

Assuming the kid can make it all the way back and stay healthy I don't want to point out the obvious but Sapp Jr would likely be playing with Antoine Winfield's kid - it's 2009 all over again baby!

What are the details on this? How recent?

Assuming the kid can make it all the way back and stay healthy I don't want to point out the obvious but Sapp Jr would likely be playing with Antoine Winfield's kid - it's 2009 all over again baby!

His injury took him out of his junior season. But from everything I heard hes completely healthy.

Wow! Great! Elite! What a start! Welcome Sapp!

Or that didn't seem to keep big time programs with access to other top recruits from offering.

Not talking the injury - talking about how you found it a "joke" TC hadn't offered, but PJF didn't till this week. Not like PJ has struggled to offer other '18 kids before this week.

I love the commitment, but I'll bet $1K you didn't know when PJ offered when you took your shot at TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I can tell looking through his Twitter account, his most recent knee injury happened late April - early May, 2016 in Florida. That should be plenty of time to get ready for his Senior season. Also, it looks like Asante Samuel is his Uncle.

Not talking the injury - talking about how you found it a "joke" TC hadn't offered, but PJF didn't till this week. Not like PJ has struggled to offer other '18 kids before this week.

I love the commitment, but I'll bet $1K you didn't know when PJ offered when you took your shot at TC.

How soon was PJ suppose to offer? He was busy putting together a staff and finishing up a recruiting class. What's Claey's excuse?

How soon was PJ suppose to offer? He was busy putting together a staff and finishing up a recruiting class. What's Claey's excuse?

Whether Claeys offered or not is immaterial now. Who cares. New staff offered, the kid with numerous good offers committed to us. Let's just be happy.

Top Bottom