Benny Sapp III Commits!

Dude has had his ACL repaired twice. I don't think a "minor strain" that causes him to miss a game can be brushed aside. It is most certainly newsworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude has had his ACL repaired twice. I don't think a "minor strain" that causes him to miss a game can be brushed aside. It is most certainly newsworthy.

The point is he could have easily found and described the injury. He chose not to for views. Typical Doogie.

Doogie just tweeted that it's not another ACL injury. He knew that before he sent the first tweet. Weak sauce.

I typically stand up for Doogie, as I like the info he sometimes provides, but that tweet was ridiculous. He claims he couldnt clarify because of "can only write so much in 140 characters". But he could have easily specified in that tweet, or even done a follow up tweet right away. He was clearly just tweeting for attention, and not to give actual info.

Repaired knees can be stronger than the original knee. I have hopes that Sapp will be the next Winfield. I can always hope.

Agree. Diehard sniffing glue again.

I mean, it is technically possible depending on the injury and how it is repaired, but I don't think that applies to ACL injuries.

Mainly it comes from injuries where a joint was weak because it twisted or shifted in a way that it wasn't. If the surgery prevents that movement, then the knee is "stronger", but I don't think that is the norm in most surgeries.

Hopefully the meniscus repair goes well. Usually 4-6 weeks on crutches but then he can rehab. At least it happened early in the year and he should be 100%* for the Gophers

Roughly 50% of meniscus repairs tear again. Then you just cut it out. Not ideal but he can play with 20-30% of his meniscus missing.

Hopefully the meniscus repair goes well. Usually 4-6 weeks on crutches but then he can rehab. At least it happened early in the year and he should be 100%* for the Gophers

Roughly 50% of meniscus repairs tear again. Then you just cut it out. Not ideal but he can play with 20-30% of his meniscus missing.

You're talking about something without knowing the extent of an injury. Do we even know Benny tore his meniscus-sorry but being on vacation has kept me out of that loop? If so what type of tear? Some are extremely hard to repair and result in resection of the torn cartilage- which often actually allows earlier rehab/return to play. If the tear can be repaired the immobility is minimum 6 weeks with a much slower and more difficult rehab.

You're talking about something without knowing the extent of an injury. Do we even know Benny tore his meniscus-sorry but being on vacation has kept me out of that loop? If so what type of tear? Some are extremely hard to repair and result in resection of the torn cartilage- which often actually allows earlier rehab/return to play. If the tear can be repaired the immobility is minimum 6 weeks with a much slower and more difficult rehab.

There was an article on the Strib about it today. He definitely tore his cartilage and was given the option to either cut it away and play right away or repair it and miss the season. He and his family chose the latter.

According to this Star Tribune article, yes, I know the extent of the injury. http://www.startribune.com/benny-sa...it-out-for-season-with-knee-injury/446542993/

He tore his meniscus and will miss the remainder of the year. He is having it repaired, something I've done 4 times. The repair might not be possible once they perform the surgery (have had that happen twice) and even then, not always successful. He is 17, should heal quickly, especially considering he is an elite athlete.

so when I talk, I do know the extent of the injury, at least enough to make very educated comments on it. Thanks.

There was an article on the Strib about it today. He definitely tore his cartilage and was given the option to either cut it away and play right away or repair it and miss the season. He and his family chose the latter.

Thanks- hope wasn't too bad of a tear requiring too big of a resection.

Not a Dr., or nurse, or anything like that, but from what I know, these kind of injuries affect you more as life goes on. For an 18 year old kid, I'm pretty sure he will make a nice recovery...though it might start affecting him when he gets into his late 20's.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom