Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Specifically, what is your minimum threshold to call 2017 season a success?

There have been threads predicting how many wins PJF should deliver in 2017. And there seems to be at least two factions... Those that believe TC set a solid foundation and PJF has a responsibility to build on this. Immediately. For others, they want to cut PJF some slack for 2017. Give him time to build a stronger culture and get his recruits in the system. Time to put specifics on the line. Give your win total and the outcomes for 2017 that dictate THE MINIMUM our maroon and gold need to accomplish to consider 2017 as a successful year. Here's my take.

9 wins minimum to call 2017 a success:

Buffalo - W
    Oregon State - W
    Middle Tennessee - W
    Maryland - W
    Purdue - W
    Michigan State - W
    Illinois - W
    Northwestern - L
    One trophy win - Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin
    Nebraska - L

Mid-tier bowl - W

That's unrealistic with culture change. I say 3-wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm one of the 4-5

Blog Entries

Too early to call.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    That's unrealistic with culture change. I say 3-wins.

Had the best season in 50 years last year should expect the Rose Bowl next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Too early to call.
    Thanks for being specific...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy18 View Post
    Had the best season in 50 years last year should expect the Rose Bowl next year.
    Mason's 2003 team won 10 games and beat Oregon in the Sun Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBulldog View Post
    There have been threads predicting how many wins PJF should deliver in 2017. And there seems to be at least two factions... Those that believe TC set a solid foundation and PJF has a responsibility to build on this. Immediately. For others, they want to cut PJF some slack for 2017. Give him time to build a stronger culture and get his recruits in the system. Time to put specifics on the line. Give your win total and the outcomes for 2017 that dictate THE MINIMUM our maroon and gold need to accomplish to consider 2017 as a successful year. Here's my take.

9 wins minimum to call 2017 a success:

Buffalo - W
    Oregon State - W
    Middle Tennessee - W
    Maryland - W
    Purdue - W
    Michigan State - W
    Illinois - W
    Northwestern - L
    One trophy win - Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin
    Nebraska - L

Mid-tier bowl - W

I think your are correct a minimum of 9 wins (counting the bowl game) anything less is not a successful year,

I would also throw in there that he is allowed only one bad blow out game. if we lose several by a few touchdowns then those add to the less than successful year.

If Coyle wants to play big boy AD then he should have these expectations as well, Spending the State of Minnesotas money on anything less than these expectations would be a bad investment

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    Mason's 2003 team won 10 games and beat Oregon in the Sun Bowl.
    Doesn't matter they didn't play Rutgers and Maryland.

These threads are kind of dumb even tho I love FB talk. What if we lose our first five then win out plus land a top 25 class?
    This year isn't really about wins, it's about seeing what we've got and building for the future. I expect a decent year with 7-8 wins, and think we take a step back next year before the leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    These threads are kind of dumb even tho I love FB talk. What if we lose our first five then win out plus land a top 25 class?
    This year isn't really about wins, it's about seeing what we've got and building for the future. I expect a decent year with 7-8 wins, and think we take a step back next year before the leap.

You are free to choose what success is. The point of the thread was to be specific. It's easy to call out other people when you don't define what your own position is. If 7-8 wins is your call, which wins and which losses?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy18 View Post
    So we'll be in the CFP semifinals? I'll settle for the 1/1/20 Rose bowl when it's the normal match-up, but I like your optimism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Thanks for being specific...
    You're so welcome.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

13. Default

I got them losing to Michigan and Northwestern with the last game being a decider for the division.

Michigan- Too many four and five star recruits to win sadly

Northwestern- Young quarterback makes too many mistakes

Seth Green leads us to the promised land!

I'm sure I'll change my mind after spring ball but I'll play along with this. Shoot is the off-season.

Reserving the right to change my mind before the season:

Buffalo- Win

Oregon state- Win

Blue Raiders- Win

Maryland- Loss

Purdue- Win

Michigan State- Win

Illinois- Win

Iowa- Loss

Michigan- Loss

Nebraska- Loss

Northwestern- Win

Wisconsin- Loss

Bowl Game- Win

8 wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

Beat Wisconsin.