Imagine if we had won one of the MSU, Wisky, Maryland games

Juicer

Reaction score
Not a big what if person but I'll do it anyways, what ff we had won just one game of the MSU, Maryland or Wisky games. Feeling good about things but so encouraging to be winning games that we should, and being hyper competitive in the ones that are against solid teams. Been a while since Gopher hoops was relevant. Feels good.

The fact that it isn't an outlandish possibility of finishing 10-8 over half way through the Big 10 season is pretty amazing. Especially considering last year and how long it's been since that has happened. I was pretty much just expecting to see some growth this year, but the fact they could have one of their better Big 10 seasons in a while and make the tournament is pretty amazing and fun. Especially with a team with only one Sr. And a pretty solid freshman coming next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go back to the pre season forecasts and compare to where we are. Pretty impressive season so far.

Not blowing the 14 point lead against Penn State would have also guaranteed us a winning conference road record for the first time in God knows how long. Hopefully they've still got one more road win in them.

It's hard to not wonder what if. So close

Of course close only counts in darts

Hopefully the difference between this year and next year is that we defend our home court better next year.

Not a big what if person but I'll do it anyways, what ff we had won just one game of the MSU, Maryland or Wisky games. Feeling good about things but so encouraging to be winning games that we should, and being hyper competitive in the ones that are against solid teams. Been a while since Gopher hoops was relevant. Feels good.
The team would be ranked I would expect.

What if's can go both ways. The team is learning to win. If this team gets another crack at MSU which I think it will, they will win.
Those 5 straight loses and now 3 straight responses, encourages me about the fortitude of this team. This team comes and goes with Murphy. He's the mean and nasty we haven't had. Imagine that posterizing dunk in the Barn? That place would go LIVID.

The Michigan State and Penn State games were such killers. The other losses I can live with, but man.

The Michigan State and Penn State games were such killers. The other losses I can live with, but man.

The Penn State one was really frustrating. I think that one lost a few casual fans who were starting to take interest.
Up to that point, I think people were starting to believe, whereas since then it's been a lot of "Let's just see if they can make the tournament now" instead of anything better.

All things considered, if we take care of business and win the next two at home does that 5 game win streak put us back in the top 25 heading to Maryland?

All things considered, if we take care of business and win the next two at home does that 5 game win streak put us back in the top 25 heading to Maryland?

I think a win at Maryland after that would put them there. Otherwise the Big Ten has just been perceived as too weak to get us back in.

Top Bottom