Dupree McBrayer

Jaykay

Reaction score
This kid seems to get worse every game. Turnovers, bad shots, stupid fouls etc.. He's been a total liability in B1G play.

He has the ability, just isn't there mentally right now.

Seems like he's in a funk. He was actually having a good game against Iowa until the turnovers at the end.

These guys aren't robots. I have faith he'll pick it up again and probably have a few more peaks and valleys throughout the year.

It's not just him. The whole team when up by 10 or more tend to lower their intensity. He is just more obvious about it. When its a closer game he plays better.

I thought he's mostly looked good in the 6th man role. Obviously struggled today, but I don't think he is regressing

Mental errors are frustrating to watch and he had a handful today. Agree with "these guys are not robots" comment. He is a kid (I think the youngest of the sophomores). Too bad he didn't have a better game going close to home.

'Pree is a confidence player, through and through. When things are on, he can take over a game single-handed. I have an inkling we'll see at least one more dominant run out of him in the next six games. I think he'll win us at least one game. But when he's not on, he's not going to have as much of an effect as Amir, for example. But I think he'll be fine.

He has the ability, just isn't there mentally right now.

I look forward to next year (under the assumption that Washington is a better ball handler) when McBrayer doesn't have to assume nearly as much of the point guard duties.

I look forward to next year (under the assumption that Washington is a better ball handler) when McBrayer doesn't have to assume nearly as much of the point guard duties.

This is a big part of the problem I think. He's a poor ball handler and when he's forced to run the point the turnovers start and he loses confidence.

Sure would be nice to have Dorsey or Jarvis this year.

When exactly has he done that?

Several times this year alone, and a couple down the stretch last year? The man is averaging around 11 points a game despite having hit double figures like 2 of the last 8. He's had some great games this year, where he was getting to the basket, hitting threes, and just carrying the team.

It's not just him. The whole team when up by 10 or more tend to lower their intensity. He is just more obvious about it. When its a closer game he plays better.
This is the biggest problem with this team. It doesn't matter if they win or lose, you can count on them going into a second half coma.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

'Pree is a confidence player, through and through. When things are on, he can take over a game single-handed. I have an inkling we'll see at least one more dominant run out of him in the next six games. I think he'll win us at least one game. But when he's not on, he's not going to have as much of an effect as Amir, for example. But I think he'll be fine.

Agree w the confidence point. He was awesome until the 1st Michigan St. game when he got it handed to him physically. Has been more sporadic since but still contributing. He desperately needs 10-12 lbs of muscle to be more consistent and he needs to stay out of his head. A couple bad/incomplete plays and he goes into a mental cocoon.

It seems to me when they put Springs into the starting line-up, his body language has been horrible. It seems like he is just going through the motions when he is on the floor, and his play is sloppy because of it. Hopefully it's just a confidence issue, but his body language reminds me of what Murphy was going through earlier.

It seems to me when they put Springs into the starting line-up, his body language has been horrible. It seems like he is just going through the motions when he is on the floor, and his play is sloppy because of it. Hopefully it's just a confidence issue, but his body language reminds me of what Murphy was going through earlier.
Disagree 100%

I just don't see this. He has always come on the court full of energy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He'll figure it out. Hopefully it's more of a funk than a loss of confidence stemming from the loss of his starting spot.....because Springs now has that spot on lockdown.

He's a " playground " player. Some games good, some games bad. Right now he is bad.Also he's not giving us the defense he did earlier in the year. And please, don't shoot the three.....

Wrong.

Whew, now that Murphy escaped, I was worried the GH Doghouse would stand empty.

Agree he was poor today but honestly no one besides Murphy and curry were great today. But you will never ever hear me complain about a big gen road win. Big week ahead 2-0!would have me so giddy

This is a big part of the problem I think. He's a poor ball handler and when he's forced to run the point the turnovers start and he loses confidence.

Sure would be nice to have Dorsey or Jarvis this year.

Dupree is not a poor ball handler. He's actually a very competent back-up PG who is in a bit of a slump. His length and defense are always a plus.

And no, we do not miss Dorsey.

Absolutely and Murphy will never improve; oh wait! Murphy was not playing well trying to figure out his role on this team with the likes of Lynch in there now. Safe to say he's got it down the last 2 games. Dupree will figure it too and be a vital cog in the success of this team going forward. He is way too talented.

Agree he was poor today but honestly no one besides Murphy and curry were great today. But you will never ever hear me complain about a big gen road win. Big week ahead 2-0!would have me so giddy

Well, I don't know about great, but I also thought Curry was pretty darn good today and I also thought Bakary was pretty solid in his limited time given general expectations of him.

I miss Dorsey's game though not Dorsey. I think he would've been very helpful this year on the court. Off the court is of course different perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss Dorsey's game though not Dorsey.

Agreed. Too bad he was such a knucklehead because he really would have helped this year.

He's a " playground " player. Some games good, some games bad. Right now he is bad.Also he's not giving us the defense he did earlier in the year. And please, don't shoot the three.....

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

He's shooting 37% from 3, which is pretty good. He handles ball well, and runs offense well. He's been inconsistent lately, as have a number of players.

How can you guys watch these games and not realize we do not have even one consistent player on the roster. Murphy looked like he had never played basketball. Now he is all Big Ten first team the last two games. Nate has been all over the map with his performance...sometimes in the same game. We have nobody who you know what to expect from game to game. Konate might be our most consistent player this season. He makes few mistakes, defends, gets rebounds, make free throws, doesn't fumble away the gimmees most every single game. I can list Coffey, Springs, Curry, Lynch and Mc Brayer who all on a given night have made me wonder who they are what are they doing? It's just who these guys are right now. We are improving. The cool thing is on any given night one of these guys can step up and carry us. I'd argue every one of them has. McBrayer will return from the missing and wow us...it's who these guys are.

Top Bottom