***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

The blind cult of personality that people mistake for being fandom just means you like being suckered by marketing departments, not that you are invested in or even care about the performance of the team. This team only improved after they hit an epic rock bottom, but only because boosters, alumni and fans expressed their displeasure. Now that they are off the bottom, we should just stop?

You think the team improved because the alumni expressed displeasure.

You're fit for a looney bin.

You just don't get it, do you? Some of the alumni and hard core fans of this program have sat through some awful ssshhh!t with this program. It seems to be the Minnesota way to shoot yourself in the foot once you get the idea that standing on your feet is a good idea.

We made it to the Final Four once, oh wait, no we didn't. We have achieved success, oh wait, the NCAA has scrubbed it from their records.

The people who are s****ing on U are the ones who say mediocre is good, that average is all we should hope for because we will never be Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina.... Hell we should be lucky if we are mentioned alongside Wisconsin, Iowa, Virginia, NC State, Louisville or Memphis....

Gently patting the hands of players and reassuring them that it will all be okay if your program is a day care center for adolescents.

This team needs honest and critical feedback from its alumni and fans to move forward. The blind cult of personality that people mistake for being fandom just means you like being suckered by marketing departments, not that you are invested in or even care about the performance of the team. This team only improved after they hit an epic rock bottom, but only because boosters, alumni and fans expressed their displeasure. Now that they are off the bottom, we should just stop?

We have a team that goes all zombie in every second half of every game this season. You don't win the Big Ten title that way and you don't get out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Keep your eyes on the prize and don't accept mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is a very mediocre post.

You just don't get it, do you? Some of the alumni and hard core fans of this program have sat through some awful ssshhh!t with this program. It seems to be the Minnesota way to shoot yourself in the foot once you get the idea that standing on your feet is a good idea.

We made it to the Final Four once, oh wait, no we didn't. We have achieved success, oh wait, the NCAA has scrubbed it from their records.

The people who are s****ing on U are the ones who say mediocre is good, that average is all we should hope for because we will never be Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina.... Hell we should be lucky if we are mentioned alongside Wisconsin, Iowa, Virginia, NC State, Louisville or Memphis....

Gently patting the hands of players and reassuring them that it will all be okay if your program is a day care center for adolescents.

This team needs honest and critical feedback from its alumni and fans to move forward. The blind cult of personality that people mistake for being fandom just means you like being suckered by marketing departments, not that you are invested in or even care about the performance of the team. This team only improved after they hit an epic rock bottom, but only because boosters, alumni and fans expressed their displeasure. Now that they are off the bottom, we should just stop?

We have a team that goes all zombie in every second half of every game this season. You don't win the Big Ten title that way and you don't get out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

We just won our 4th road game in the big ten regular season(first time since '04-'05 we have 4 road wins) in one season and this is your post? I'm not accepting mediocrity, I'm just accepting reality. Brick by brick nothing happens overnight and if we keep building we'll get there! or we can be like you and believe that you really can lose 10 pounds in a week or that I can make a million dollars with some simple stock tip...

Not sure if you realize that this place is for fans and players/coaches/administration probably don't read what we're saying here very often if ever. Me being positive or negative doesn't affect the results. I can't believe anyone has to explain this to you.

This has to be a bit, right?

Not sure if you realize that this place is for fans and players/coaches/administration probably don't read what we're saying here very often if ever. Me being positive or negative doesn't affect the results. I can't believe anyone has to explain this to you.

This has to be a bit, right?
I set him on 'ignore' a few years ago and have never looked back.

This game was equal parts encouraging and frustrating. I was encouraged by some really nice passing and the continued revival of Jordan Murphy. I was also encouraged by the teams ability to always come up with a bucket (came from numerous different players) when Rutgers was on the verge of making this a nail biter. I was frustrated by the teams ability to shoot itself in the foot, for example the 9-2 early lead was a lost on a series of possessions that were all mental mistakes by the Gophers. I was also frustrated by the number of turnovers the bigs committed and later by Dupree's poor stretch. Most frustrating of all was the teams inability to PUT. THE. GAME. AWAY. There were so many chances for the Gophers to put this game away and each time they failed, sometimes in spectacular fashion by missing an opportunity on offense and then giving up a transition bucket the other way. I am sure it will mostly be forgotten, but Rutgers ended up with a great look from 3 that would have cut the game to two points late. With the way the Gophers had controlled the game, there is just no reason why it should have gotten that close. Still I come away mostly impressed with the Gophers ability to win on the road despite shooting terribly from 3 and with the ability of guys like Murphy, Curry, Mason (and even Lynch making a couple free throws) to make shots when momentum was starting to turn.

Top Bottom