***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

This is a Rutgers team that has caused problems for a few decent teams. I never felt we were going to lose this...just need to keep our foot on the gas with the lead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't play much worse than this and get a B1G road win.

lol what game are you watching? Do you watch B1G basketball?

Not gonna win any best game of the year awards but a good scrappy win on the road. Kept Rutgers at arms length the whole second half and out rebounded one of the best rebounding teams in the conference. Solid performances by Mason, Murphy, and Curry. A no frills win but definitely a solid road win.

We won, like we should have. It doesn't make me more confident about future games though. The grind goes on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A good road win. Second consecutive positive offensive game by Murphy and Mason played really well. Now some rest before the final tough stretch.

A good road win. Second consecutive positive offensive game by Murphy and Mason played really well. Now some rest before the final tough stretch.

I'll add that Curry got more opportunities than usual to contribute today and Konate did pretty well while getting a little more playing time. That extra time allowed Lynch to re-enter the game in the last few minutes with only two fouls.

We won, like we should have. It doesn't make me more confident about future games though. The grind goes on.

You must be fun to watch games with.

Get off my team.

I'll add that Curry got more opportunities than usual to contribute today and Konate did pretty well while getting a little more playing time. That extra time allowed Lynch to re-enter the game in the last few minutes with only two fouls.

Yep! The lineup, at least vs Rutgers, looked good with Curry in over Lynch.

I swear to God there must be people on here that haven't followed the B1G for more than a couple years. This, in many ways, a very typical B1G road win. Been this way for a very long time for EVERY team in the conference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great win. Now for two HUGE games against Indy and Mich. Beat those two teams and we are basically a shoe-in.

So according to your oracle-like abilities we're losing our last 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win. Now for two HUGE games against Indy and Mich. Beat those two teams and we are basically a shoe-in.

Margin for error is very small. Lose one of those 2 and slip up against PSU or Nebraska and we could need a deep tournament run to save us.

I hope Patino says the same thing to mcbrayer that he said to Murphy .....

So according to your oracle-like abilities we're losing our last 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your disbelief doesn't mean it can't happen.

OK, good enough. This game had some potential to be a trap game. That didn't happen and they clinched at least an NIT berth today. Need three more regular season wins to clinch a NCAA tournament berth.

You think any 3?

I guess there isn't a combination of 3 bad losses that doesn't include 1-2 big wins so yeah I'd have to agree. Race to 3.

Just finished watching the game. Terrible fouls in the first half got mostly cleaned up in the 2nd half. Big dude from Rutgers was a load, but the combo of guys that guarded him did a great job of negating his size. Time to make a statement and kick in the teeth of Team Mellencamp on Wed.

You think any 3?

I guess there isn't a combination of 3 bad losses that doesn't include 1-2 big wins so yeah I'd have to agree. Race to 3.

Yep, we really can't hurt ourselves much with any 3-3 combo. Losing to both Maryland and Wisconsin on the road won't hurt them but if they go only 2-2 at home and beat one of those two teams on the road that would probably be even better. Of course, 4-2 would be great.

One game at a time. We beat Indiana, and we're in great shape. So let's do that.

House’s Report: Murphy Leads the Gophers Past Rutgers

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/756492?referrer_id=

That's about the 3rd mention already today of the 'fatigue associated with the quick turnaround'. Really? They had 2 days off. I am sure playing an extra 10 minutes tires you out for the next morning, but these guys are young and shouldn't be feeling any game fatigue after 2 days. Doesn't anybody remember just a few years ago before the BTN that the games were almost always Thursday/Saturday and it was a blessing to get a nationally televised Sunday game?

That's about the 3rd mention already today of the 'fatigue associated with the quick turnaround'. Really? They had 2 days off. I am sure playing an extra 10 minutes tires you out for the next morning, but these guys are young and shouldn't be feeling any game fatigue after 2 days. Doesn't anybody remember just a few years ago before the BTN that the games were almost always Thursday/Saturday and it was a blessing to get a nationally televised Sunday game?

Agreed. Any "fatigue" is largely dissipated within a day or so. That's usually just a poor excuse for teams who play poorly.

Back to positives, Gophers have taken 4 road games and should have had at least one more (PSU). That PSU team just clubbed Illinois on the road to reach 6 B1G Ws, too though.

Murphy's great play the past two games has really lifted them. Other than Lynch a couple of those games, during their 5-game losing stretch the main feature was that no Gopher really stepped up for a great game. Gotta have someone carrying the load in those tough matchups.

Says the fair weather fan.

Thats your response? I've been called a lot of things, but "fair weather" has never been one of them.

Just keep ****ting on The "U" so you won't be disappointed.

Thats your response? I've been called a lot of things, but "fair weather" has never been one of them.

Just keep ****ting on The "U" so you won't be disappointed.

You just don't get it, do you? Some of the alumni and hard core fans of this program have sat through some awful ssshhh!t with this program. It seems to be the Minnesota way to shoot yourself in the foot once you get the idea that standing on your feet is a good idea.

We made it to the Final Four once, oh wait, no we didn't. We have achieved success, oh wait, the NCAA has scrubbed it from their records.

The people who are s****ing on U are the ones who say mediocre is good, that average is all we should hope for because we will never be Michigan, Ohio State, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina.... Hell we should be lucky if we are mentioned alongside Wisconsin, Iowa, Virginia, NC State, Louisville or Memphis....

Gently patting the hands of players and reassuring them that it will all be okay if your program is a day care center for adolescents.

This team needs honest and critical feedback from its alumni and fans to move forward. The blind cult of personality that people mistake for being fandom just means you like being suckered by marketing departments, not that you are invested in or even care about the performance of the team. This team only improved after they hit an epic rock bottom, but only because boosters, alumni and fans expressed their displeasure. Now that they are off the bottom, we should just stop?

We have a team that goes all zombie in every second half of every game this season. You don't win the Big Ten title that way and you don't get out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Keep your eyes on the prize and don't accept mediocrity.

Top Bottom