Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Culture change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Culture change my ass. It's already a thing - most of the freshman athletes do live on campus.

More smoke and mirrors from the Coyle and Kaler comedy klub.

Glad to see at least a couple of regents seem to get that the only thing that changed is the coach. That's not enough.

Won't miss either one of these clowns.
    Last edited by caliGopher; 02-11-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Isn't this pretty common for freshman to live in the dorms? I was honestly surprised when I heard all these freshman were living off campus. I thought the new campus apartments by Ridder were for freshman athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    Culture change my ass. It's already a thing - most of the freshman athletes do live on campus.

More smoke and mirrors from the Coyle and Kaler comedy klub.

Glad to see at least a couple of regents seem to get that the only thing that changed is the coach. That's not enough.

Won't miss either one of these clowns.
    Yep. There's a bunch of posters here who think Coyle is hitting on all cylinders... and the BoR are either country bumpkins or clueless, and just a rubber stamp for Kaler. I give the BoR much more credit...the members who've spoken publicly know exactly what they are doing. Most of the comments have been directed squarely at Kaler, sending the message that they are questioning his leadership.

4. Default

Freshman should live on campus at every school

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Yep. There's a bunch of posters here who think Coyle is hitting on all cylinders... and the BoR are either country bumpkins or clueless, and just a rubber stamp for Kaler. I give the BoR much more credit...the members who've spoken publicly know exactly what they are doing. Most of the comments have been directed squarely at Kaler, sending the message that they are questioning his leadership.
    You gave the BoR so much credit that you said they were going to save Claeys and fire Kaler and Coyle...spot on as usual....

Beetlejuice. Right on cue.

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Beetlejuice. Right on cue.

My dog whistle continues to work amazingly good...

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    My dog whistle continues to work amazingly good...
    If by dog whistle you mean just repeating the same thing over and over again, and bumping threads that had died to once again repeat yourself, you are correct.

I like this but I feel that the whole university should be careful not to violate any other students right to live on campus too! in fact one could suggest all Freshman live on campus but since that would never happen here at the U.....
    can you imagine a shortage of rooms for freshman and some non athlete sues over giving rooms to athletes?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    If by dog whistle you mean just repeating the same thing over and over again, and bumping threads that had died to once again repeat yourself, you are correct.
    Yeah, no...not at all what I meant.

BTW, found a pair of your shoes...

Clown shoes.jpg

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    No one accused was a walk-on freshman.
    My mistake.... walk on sophomore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Default

I agree that the Regents, at least some of them are on to Kaler and Coyle and Kaler is in deep trouble. Many of the these Kaler issues may be unrelated to the football mess.

I heard Dean Johnson speak to Dan B on KFAN, and his comments were incoherent, not very consistent, and generally terrible, but that says more about Dean's ability to clearly convey his thoughts. I think the whole debacle did not sit well with Dean Johnson either, and he has a bigger problem with Kaler than he did with Claeys as obtuse and clownish as we seemed on the radio. Dean is no dummy, just no master or PR and public speaking.

If Dean has had it then there probably are several other regents that are on board with him and more fired up than dean. If I were Kaler, I'd be packing boxes, and if I were Coyle, I'd be kissing ass and distancing myself from EK.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    I agree that the Regents, at least some of them are on to Kaler and Coyle and Kaler is in deep trouble. Many of the these Kaler issues may be unrelated to the football mess.

I heard Dean Johnson speak to Dan B on KFAN, and his comments were incoherent, not very consistent, and generally terrible, but that says more about Dean's ability to clearly convey his thoughts. I think the whole debacle did not sit well with Dean Johnson either, and he has a bigger problem with Kaler than he did with Claeys as obtuse and clownish as we seemed on the radio. Dean is no dummy, just no master or PR and public speaking.

If Dean has had it then there probably are several other regents that are on board with him and more fired up than dean. If I were Kaler, I'd be packing boxes, and if I were Coyle, I'd be kissing ass and distancing myself from EK.
    Yeah, I don't know why Coyle has not created some separation between himself and Kaler. He's got to be smart enough to know Kaler is using him for self-serving reasons.

To all the shortsided people who want Coyle fired, I hope you don't like Fleck either. Because if you think Fleck is likely to stick around after the man who hired him gets fired, you're crazy. If Fleck has success here, our biggest hope of keeping him here long term is if Coyle is here long term.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DMB123 View Post
    To all the shortsided people who want Coyle fired, I hope you don't like Fleck either. Because if you think Fleck is likely to stick around after the man who hired him gets fired, you're crazy. If Fleck has success here, our biggest hope of keeping him here long term is if Coyle is here long term.
    I don't think Coyle is getting fired.

But I don't think Coyle is some sort of magic Fleck lynchpin either. How long Fleck is here will have to do with pay, support, and success.