Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Would have likely have had to pay him his buyout if you remember the Tubby Smith assistant coach issues.
    I'd guess if they had voted no, then they would re-open negotiations on a new contract. They voted on the contract, not the coach. So it would have been tweaked and approved. What's interesting is if the school and coach then could not agree, how much do you pay the coach for the time he actually worked here. Probably would owe him the money (percentage of a years income) from the tentative contract he was working under.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    I'd guess if they had voted no, then they would re-open negotiations on a new contract. They voted on the contract, not the coach. So it would have been tweaked and approved. What's interesting is if the school and coach then could not agree, how much do you pay the coach for the time he actually worked here. Probably would owe him the money (percentage of a years income) from the tentative contract he was working under.
    I'm saying you probably owe him a lot more than that. He turned down an extension at WMU based on his contract offer here.

3. Default

The last contract hubbub was Pitino's extension.... I suspect an inexplicable extension situation is a more likley case where the regents would throw down the big NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Kaler on Fleck contract: "It is a lot of money but we're getting a lot of coach."

----Queue up the bad taste jokes in 3...2...1....

Hmm.. Like if Fleck was fat or something? Let me see if I can think of something.
    Fleck isn't fat. Wife isn't fat. Don't know much else about him...

I got nothing.