Athlon: Ranking the Big Ten's Football Rosters for 2017 (#13. Minnesota)

I think people forget that the Gophers have really only been awful 5 of the last 20 years. 2 Mason seasons, 2 Brewster seasons, and 1 Kill season. 15 of the last 20 years have been mediocre.
Two of the last 20 seasons have definitely been better than mediocre and I consider 8 wins in FBS football to also be better than mediocre as well.

Two of the last 20 seasons have definitely been better than mediocre and I consider 8 wins in FBS football to also be better than mediocre as well.

8 wins is mediocre. Which two of the last 20? You could consider Mason's 10 win season better than mediocre. However, they played 3 ranked teams and lost all of them. At least they finished ranked.

If you don't finish ranked, finish in the middle of the B1G, and don't beat a ranked team, that's a pretty mediocre season to me.

Even if you want to say mediocre to good, my point was that only 1/4 of the last 20 seasons were 'bad' seasons. By the way some people talk on here you would have thought the Gophers haven't been to a bowl game in 20 years before Kill/Claeys showed up.

Thank you Athlon. I know that Coach Fleck will use this as bullet board material. It's one more TOO for him.

For the love of all things holy... STOP POSTNG GARBAGE FROM ATHLON!!!!

Every single one if their rankings has us no higher than 12th out of 14. They're a complete joke

Obvious from many of the responses that people aren't actually reading the article.

Top Bottom