Curry is the new Elliot

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Curry is the new Elliot in terms of whining about calls. He needs to stop the overly dramatic body language after every whistle against him or it will hurt us when it matters.

Couple things...I don't think Elliot Eliason ever came close to earning one name status as a Gopher. Curry is an emotional freshman. Often times he is correct...couple of his demonstrative actions last night were the truth. On one he absolutely didn't foul anybody and on another he did and was lobbying to GET the foul instead of it being on Murphy. Lets see where it goes as a senior before we are leaping to derogatory branding conclusions.

Curry is the new Elliot in terms of whining about calls. He needs to stop the overly dramatic body language after every whistle against him or it will hurt us when it matters.
EE was in a league of his own.

As a freshmen, he isn't getting the calls. End of story. Next he'll get more. And more the next two years.u

As a freshmen, he isn't getting the calls. End of story. Next he'll get more. And more the next two years.

Couple things...I don't think Elliot Eliason ever came close to earning one name status as a Gopher. Curry is an emotional freshman. Often times he is correct...couple of his demonstrative actions last night were the truth. On one he absolutely didn't foul anybody and on another he did and was lobbying to GET the foul instead of it being on Murphy. Lets see where it goes as a senior before we are leaping to derogatory branding conclusions.

100% right. Has he even gotten any techs? Seems a bit overboard to bitch about a terrific freshman who really isn't doing anything wrong.

Has he even gotten any techs? Seems a bit overboard to bitch about a terrific freshman who really isn't doing anything wrong.

no, he hasn't. But he will and it'll happen when it hurts us.

i posted this same thing about EE when I felt he needed to scale it back. The response when I posted that one was the same: "He isn't getting T'd up!". Soon after he started getting T'd up.

I'm saying address it BEFORE it becomes a problem. That's what a good coach would do.

In terms of talent, Curry is in a whole different world than EE.

This team argues calls much less than I would expect. You see Lynch getting called and at most he looks at the ref funny. Rarely does Murphy complain or throw his hands in the air just a little look at the ref and then back to the game. Mason rarely gets mad at the refs for the lack of calls one way or the other. And Coffey outside of one or 2 outburst the whole season has stayed focused and just taken his anger out on the rim. I would have no doubt that these players are typifying the culture that Pitino is trying to set which is letting the coach worry about the refs and have the players play the game. This will become engrained in Curry as he is on the team longer. If you think these players are whining about calls you clearly don't watch any NBA basketball.

So much this. Curry has light years to go before he approaches Elliot Abysmal-son territory of complaining to the officials about calls or having over dramatic body language. How EE was ever Mr. Basketball in the state of Nebraska tells me a lot about the quality Nebrasketball.

Top Bottom