Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but I will let dpo clarify if he thinks he needs to.

I'm not lauding the AD. I was just remarking his getting out front marks a departure from our recent experience.
    agree or not, it does smack of leadership. Wonder if Mark Coyle is taking notes, or still in his hole since he saw his shadow on 2/2.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Want 2 Win View Post
    I was just going to comment on this.

I am sure I'll get torn apart for this, but Coyle would have been criticized for saying sexual assault. There haven't been any actual charges presented and he threw out that term. His statement didn't really say anything other than the common thought process. No additional information regarding anything for the situation other than using the term sexual assault to describe why he is reacting to the investigation. This may be a more severe case or it could be similar to what went on here.

Pump the brakes a bit before applauding Michigan State for their process.
    Reading the quote in context, he was asked about Sexual assault allegations, so it kind of does make sense that he said that. And notice, Mr. Kaler and Mr. Coyle, that the AD clearly stated that Sexual Assault is unacceptable and members of MSU Athletics who fail to uphold that will (note, did not call them rapists) be held accountable - again in the context that at present no charges have been filed, but a process has begun and it was already widely reported that the investigation was about Sexual Assault. Note the use of the word will and not tying suspension while being investigated with guilt -- pretty easy to do guys.

We don't know what the outcome will be, but we do know that the administration at MSU has a clue, which is far more than we have even after "instituting a 'culture' change that has not included changing the problems in the administration.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    Reading the quote in context, he was asked about Sexual assault allegations, so it kind of does make sense that he said that. And notice, Mr. Kaler and Mr. Coyle, that the AD clearly stated that Sexual Assault is unacceptable and members of MSU Athletics who fail to uphold that will (note, did not call them rapists) be held accountable - again in the context that at present no charges have been filed, but a process has begun and it was already widely reported that the investigation was about Sexual Assault. Note the use of the word will and not tying suspension while being investigated with guilt -- pretty easy to do guys.

We don't know what the outcome will be, but we do know that the administration at MSU has a clue, which is far more than we have even after "instituting a 'culture' change that has not included changing the problems in the administration.
    Neither Coyle nor Kaler called anyone a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Neither Coyle nor Kaler called anyone a rapist.
    I was trying to find the quotes, but "Mark Coyle Rape" in google isn't finding them. Let me try Kailer.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    I was trying to find the quotes, but "Mark Coyle Rape" in google isn't finding them. Let me try Kailer.
    Try "Kaler refers to accuser as victim"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm one of the 4-5

Definitely calls her a victim of sexual violence and references the football players. So while they didn't say the word rapist, as Dpo will argue, Kayler definitely inferred it.

http://www.startribune.com/kaler-u-o...eys/409947195/
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Definitely calls her a victim of sexual violence and references the football players. So while they didn't say the word rapist, as Dpo will argue, Kayler definitely inferred it.

No worries. Dpo said in another thread that Kaler referring to her as a victim "never happened".

I'm one of the 4-5

No, he doesn't. He neither states it nor infers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    No worries. Dpo said in another thread that Kaler referring to her as a victim "never happened".

Because it didn't.

Default MSU Football Sexual Assault Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Because it didn't.
    So, he was saying that he stands behind the suspensions. Then, on an unrelated matter, he stands up for victims of sexual violence. Got it.

“In this particular case, we made all the right decisions,” he continued. “We wound up with a new football coach who will be tremendous. And we’ve stood up for the victims of sexual violence. If I get fired for standing up for victims of sexual violence, then so be it.”

I'm one of the 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    So, he was saying that he stands behind the suspensions. Then, on an unrelated matter, he stands up for victims of sexual violence. Got it.

“In this particular case, we made all the right decisions,” he continued. “We wound up with a new football coach who will be tremendous. And we’ve stood up for the victims of sexual violence. If I get fired for standing up for victims of sexual violence, then so be it.”

Right, the words "victim, "she," "her," and "student" appear nowhere in the quote. Thanks for posting it so that proof is abundantly clear.

As has been pointed out before these pompous asses:

- implied repeatedly the players are guilty of rape, which they were never charged for much less convicted of
    - despite privacy laws took every opportunity to discuss the players and sexual assault, victims in the same breath
    - stated the sexual assault training clearly failed in this situation and the players need different training
    - never took the liberty of stating "withhold judgment" pending the formal hearing
    - blamed Claeys for not suspending the players while they had access to the police reports
    - stated it was Claeys decision to suspend rather than Coyle
    - communicate so poorly the team mutinied HMS Bounty- style
    - communicate so poorly the dept had to issue a press release to clarify Claeys buyout amount
    - publicly degraded the character of the past and former coaches and the team as a whole
    "This isn't serious? LSU would motor boat us" -- Trudat
    Sept 3, 2016

13. Default

I think you mean 'implied' and not 'inferred.' The speaker does the implying, and the listener does the inferring. I learned that from Lisa Simpson.

How about that MSU scandal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    How about that MSU scandal?
    What happened at Mankato State...did it involve Mettler's?