Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default MSU Football Sexual Assault Scandal

http://btn.com/2017/02/09/michigan-s...investigation/

This only happens here! Culture change!

Dantonio's resume and response are definitely equal to TC's

Bad news for the players:

"The university also is conducting a Title IX investigation of the sexual assault allegations. Title IX consultant Rebecca Veidlinger has been retained to conduct this investigation, which will address whether MSU’s Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct policy was violated. She will report her findings to the Office of Institutional Equity."

They didn't name the players?
    "what are our wet spots" - Joel Maturi

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    http://btn.com/2017/02/09/michigan-s...investigation/

This only happens here! Culture change!
    While you're taking a victory lap celebrating sexual misconduct at another B1G football program, tell me who said that this was unique to Minnesota and TC?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    While you're taking a victory lap celebrating sexual misconduct at another B1G football program, tell me who said that this was unique to Minnesota and TC?
    I don't think that's what he was doing. I could be wrong, but I had a totally different take on the OP.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I don't think that's what he was doing. I could be wrong, but I had a totally different take on the OP.
    Well, I would hope not, but dpodoll68 hasn't hesitated to be harsh on posters that have a different opinion than him.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Dantonio's resume and response are definitely equal to TC's
    It appears that the MSU Athletic Dept has been clear and decisive in taking action in this case.

I'd pay more attention to the "culture" comment in that post. It was very well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice

It appears that the MSU Athletic Dept has been clear and decisive in taking action in this case.
    That jumped out at me as well.

It appears that they brought in an outside Title IX investigator. MSU has already differentiated itself, from the U.

A thorough explanation of the situation, process and expectations. Even a quote directly from the AD. How refreshing.

These statements from the admins have gotten to be a bit over the top. Making such pompous and grandiose statements while suspending the players prior to the findings (I realize these actions are "best public-relations practice" even if not mandated by the EOAA) of even a preliminary investigation already paints a picture of guilt in the eyes of the public. The pitchforks are out in East Lansing. How about just saying the players are suspended pending the outcome of internal and police investigations? Not enough for Pitchfork Nation?

“The core values of MSU Athletics are clear, consistently communicated and non-negotiable. Among them are respect for self and others, accountability for actions and choices, and integrity. Sexual assault is unacceptable, and members of MSU Athletics who fail to uphold our standards for creating a culture that is safe, supportive, and responsive to those affected by it will be held accountable. My expectation of all members of the department is full and complete cooperation with all investigations. We have a strong athletics program at MSU, one based on values, traditions, and an understanding that as Spartans we are part of something bigger. Our promise to current and future student-athletes and to the entire Spartan community is to take the steps necessary, based on the facts determined through thorough review, to run this program according to the highest values and standards.” -Athletic Director Mark Hollis - See more at: http://btn.com/2017/02/09/michigan-s....ePFk9847.dpuf
    "This isn't serious? LSU would motor boat us" -- Trudat
    Sept 3, 2016

14. Default

Article from The Lansing State Journal

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...tion/97715274/

15. Default MSU Football Sexual Assault Scandal

^

Agreed. I see a lot of posts praising the AD, but none expressing concern over the lack of due process. Not only are they suspended from all team activities, but they have been kicked out of their homes.

As for not releasing the names - if this had happened during the season, you can bet we would know who they are. We'll probably eventually find out regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk