Welcome Back Jordan Murphy!

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
You have been sorely missed. Tough break fouling out in double OT but he was just awesome tonight. Key was the team did a great job feeding him down low so that he didn't have to try and put the ball on the floor and he finished nearly every time he had a chance.

25 points - 19 rebounds - 4 blocks....10 for 13 on FG and 5 for 7 on FT....plus he managed to play the entire first overtime with 4 fouls and still stayed aggressive. If the refs don't job him on foul number 5 he might have gotten rebound 20.

Would be great if this game would springboard Murphy back to being the guy he was looking like he could be last season.

So much more fight in this group compared to last year! Fun game to watch. We are not a team that can "take the air out of the ball" and milk the clock...causes trouble every game. They need to keep moving. Mason...clutch. Murphy has figured out he plays some good D the rest take care of itself. We are better when Lynch stays on the floor...and finally, where would we be without Springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, haven't had a chance to say, "Wow! Great game my Murphy" in long time. His best game ever.

I'm a fan of his in that he puts it down strong every time he gets a chance. For the past few years I've been annoyed with shots under the basket being missed by big men. Not Jordan. If he has the chance, he'll slam it to make sure every time, and when he can't he seems to have good touch on the ball.

He just needs to play with great intensity like he did tonight. So often this year he looks so timid. He makes a few mistakes early and then he's out of it. Just play hard!

It would be terrific if he can give the team these kinds of games more often. Murphy was just amazing tonight!

I'm not gonna pretend I wasn't down a bit on Jordan so far this season...but he came with some real energy that he seemed to have been missing the previous part of the season.

If you caught his interview with Bardo after the game, Jordan was also very gracious with big smiles. Awesome to see.

Yes, lets hope this is the kind of performance we can enjoy going forward.

He's definitely a streaky player. He even made multiple FT's in a row tonight. He clearly struggled adjusting to his role playing with Lynch. Hopefully it clicked tonight.

Murphy was incredible tonight in all facets of the game. Amazing what a difference it was.

No play may have been bigger than him tying up a jump ball with 20 seconds to go in the first OT. Just huge.

And he played about 13 minutes with 4 fouls...that was big time.

Go Gophers!!

I liked the interview with Nate after the game, they asked him about Murphy. Nate said he kept saying to him tonight "this is you!" and Murph would say "this is US" - I love the team-first sentiment, but this team is better when Murph is active and aggressive, while playing within himself, the way he did -tonight.

I know people have been tough on Murphy this season, myself included. But we all just want to see him play like he did tonight, because we saw what he could do last year. It's just been frustrating to see him play weak basketball so often this year when we know he's capable of a lot more. Hope he can keep rolling a bit after tonight's performance!

The thing I really liked about how he played tonight was that for one of the first times all season it didn't look like he was trying to force things on offense. He rarely put the ball on the floor and I bet if you had a shot chart of the game almost all of his 13 attempts were at or near the rim which is where he is at his best.

Will be interesting to see if this game was a blip or if he carries this forward into other games. Obviously we shouldn't expect 25/19 every night but if he can get back to being a consistent double double guy who plays within the framework of the team he would be a massive boost to the team down the stretch.

He just needs to play with great intensity like he did tonight. So often this year he looks so timid. He makes a few mistakes early and then he's out of it. Just play hard!

I agree with this fully GII. If he has a couple early mistakes, it had seemed to really rattle him for a game. We all know he is a high-motor guy, so if he keeps that up, the buckets and other statistics will come.

Great game by Jordan! He passed out more from the post instead of always trying to take it to the hoop. If he continues to that and continues to rebound. The points will come.

I heard Reusse say on his radio show today, say that Pitino admitted he had to re-recrujt Murphy this year. He was planing to transfer.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else...but I can't see much anymore either.

Station19, while you were gone Dr. Don and I wrote and recorded this song and video for you.

Go Station19!!

Well thanks Bleed.

Sucks that I can 't see very well. About ten minutes to read this thread, so it is hard and frustratiing to keep up.

Will be switching to bigger moniter soon. Hope that helps.

I heard Reusse say on his radio show today, say that Pitino admitted he had to re-recrujt Murphy this year. He was planing to transfer.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else...but I can't see much anymore either.

Having to re recruit him might explain this year to some degree? So why would he have wanted to leave after such a strong first year?

Having to re recruit him might explain this year to some degree? So why would he have wanted to leave after such a strong first year?

Something is not computing. Right after the blow-up last year (after the season), he made it clear that he was staying and all the talk was that it was his team, and rightly so. Unless this re-recruitment came post incident and before the end of the season, I'm not buying it. Most of what he has gone through this year was pretty predictable. The combination of sophomore slump and going from being the only guy who could score close to the basket to being another good player among many was bound to cause some transition issues. Nice to see him understanding his game and what he can do best to contribute to winning. Every team needs a guy like him who can grab a pile of rebounds and consistently get put backs.

Murphy looking like whatever he figured out against Iowa might not have been a mirage. 10 minutes left in the game and he is sitting at 17 points and 9 rebounds. Man it would be huge if he can keep this up down the stretch, would add a major missing piece to the puzzle for this team.

New rule for Murphy. 2 dribbles max. Pass or shoot.

Yep, the few times he put it on the floor that I saw it ended badly. He needs to get the ball near the rim and go up strong, that is when he is at his best and it is what he has been doing a lot over the past few games. Coaches need to keep reinforcing that with him so that he doesn't revert back to trying to put the ball on the court and beat guys off the dribble.

Pitino should put a shock collar on Murphy and if he goes more than 2 feet from the lane he gets buzzed, he is dominant when he plays in the post. Great 2 games Murph!!

New rule for Murphy. 2 dribbles max. Pass or shoot.

I like that. I don't yell at the TV much any more, but I found myself doing it when Murph was trying to drive from 20 feet away. "Stay in your lane, Murph. Stay in your lane." I'll take the double doubles any time, though. Another great effort despite a few misguided decisions.

As I've said before, I'm totally against red light green light coaching. You take the good with the bad with Murphy.

Keep showing him good Murph on tapes and hope he forgets about the few times he was able to back people down or take people off the dribble in the past.

I love Curry's reaction to Murphy's dunk. Waaaa???!!!!!

And the four ladies and kid in the front-row behind the basket. lol...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom