***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

17-5 in second OT...nice finish. Wouldn't have needed if they hadn't have given up an 18-3 run in the second half. This team makes it look so hard sometimes.

17-5 in second OT...nice finish. Wouldn't have needed if they hadn't have given up an 18-3 run in the second half. This team makes it look so hard sometimes.

Yep...there are times when they look unstoppable and then they go through those stretches where they just fall apart. Pretty typical for a young team lacking a true superstar who can pull them out of those funks when they get into them. Still thankfully they recovered tonight and got the victory. Nice to sting a couple back to back after the losing streak. Hopefully that continues here down the stretch and they can make what looks like a solid shot at an NCAA bid a lock.

Love that we get hosed on our home court. Huge game for Murphy.
Holy hell. We got hosed???? I could hear Iowa telling "timeout" over the TV. Plus Murph's foot was clearly out of bounds. No single call that went against the Gophs had even a fraction of the impact on the game that that one did. Complaint about officiating after that gift is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

There is such a difference between the gophers possessions at the beginning of overtime and at the end of them. I specifically remember with about 4 minutest left in second OT, we had actual movement and it finished with some passes to a cutting coffey who got the floater to go. Towards the end though it is just iso/ 1 on 1. I understand wanting to have the ball in Mason's hands. Does that mean though that we cannot look for something else with some movement in the first 18 seconds of the shot clock. Is that fair to say? Is that on Pitino or is it on the players? Are they too timid?

There is such a difference between the gophers possessions at the beginning of overtime and at the end of them. I specifically remember with about 4 minutest left in second OT, we had actual movement and it finished with some passes to a cutting coffey who got the floater to go. Towards the end though it is just iso/ 1 on 1. I understand wanting to have the ball in Mason's hands. Does that mean though that we cannot look for something else with some movement in the first 18 seconds of the shot clock. Is that fair to say? Is that on Pitino or is it on the players? Are they too timid?

That's the pitino way. Wants to develop Nate as that go to guy, and he's riding that hand till Isaiah comes I think.

Holy hell. We got hosed???? I could hear Iowa telling "timeout" over the TV. Plus Murph's foot was clearly out of bounds. No single call that went against the Gophs had even a fraction of the impact on the game that that one did. Complaint about officiating after that gift is ridiculous.

It think not awarding the TO was okay because he was yelling it at pretty much the same time Murphy got his hands on the ball. But not calling Murphy out was a gift. At the same time Jok should have fouled out several times.

Yep...there are times when they look unstoppable and then they go through those stretches where they just fall apart. Pretty typical for a young team lacking a true superstar who can pull them out of those funks when they get into them. Still thankfully they recovered tonight and got the victory. Nice to sting a couple back to back after the losing streak. Hopefully that continues here down the stretch and they can make what looks like a solid shot at an NCAA bid a lock.

The key is to limit the bad stretches. Maybe a 10-3 run instead of an 18-3 run. Giving up so many big leads is unacceptable.

The ball movement is key. They look unstoppable when the ball flys around the exterior. Very fun game to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked out Iowa Rivals. They are livid about the officiating said it should have never gone to even one OT much less two. They should have won in regulation and Murphy was fouling all over the place.

Will Washington play point next year and Mason off guard?

First time with 100 in a B1G game since the Bobby Knight drubbing in 1995. Wow.

It think not awarding the TO was okay because he was yelling it at pretty much the same time Murphy got his hands on the ball. But not calling Murphy out was a gift. At the same time Jok should have fouled out several times.

On the timeout it was clear on TV that he was calling for the timeout because there must have been a microphone right there but with all the noise in the building it is very likely the refs couldn't hear him before he was tied up. The refs had a rough night all the way around but I agree that Jok should have been called for his 5th foul a couple time late when he clearly committed fouls that didn't get called. I missed the Murphy foot out of bounds play but it must have been pretty obvious.

First time with 100 in a B1G game since the Bobby Knight drubbing in 1995. Wow.

Not really all that shocking in college basketball where games rarely get into triple figures.

Its bad enough reading posters here blame every close loss on officiating. Now, we were GIFTED OT, and proceed to complain about calls in OT. Just grin, accept that we jobbed Iowa, and move on. No need to always play the O-card. Just be happy we didnt piss away our 2nd chance.

Just checked out Iowa Rivals. They are livid about the officiating said it should have never gone to even one OT much less two. They should have won in regulation and Murphy was fouling all over the place.

They also think Pitino is smug and annoying based on his 15 second interview where he praised his players.

Honestly I love Pitino's demeanor, he's a great interview win or lose. Fran is hands down the biggest baby in the league since Bo left.

Its bad enough reading posters here blame every close loss on officiating. Now, we were GIFTED OT, and proceed to complain about calls in OT. Just grin, accept that we jobbed Iowa, and move on. No need to always play the O-card. Just be happy we didnt piss away our 2nd chance.

Did you miss the part where I said it was a gift?

And mentioning something doesn't equal complaining. I am happy, I just thought this was a place to discuss the game. It would be pretty boring if everyone just said "I'm happy" for the next few days.

Not really all that shocking in college basketball where games rarely get into triple figures.

Still 20 years. And they've had 3 OT games in that span. That 1995 game was epic though.

Did you miss the part where I said it was a gift?

And mentioning something doesn't equal complaining. I am happy, I just thought this was a place to discuss the game. It would be pretty boring if everyone just said "I'm happy" for the next few days.
Not personally directed at you. Generally directed to all the posters whose go to comment is "the refs screwed us again". As for discussing the game, by all means that is what these boards are best for. I just prefer actual game discussion over the "How come we never get any calls" posts. Again, not accusing you personally, its a general complaint spurred be someone's "we got hosed" post.

We sat by an older couple from Iowa. They cringed whenever Fran started flipping out.

Not personally directed at you. Generally directed to all the posters whose go to comment is "the refs screwed us again". As for discussing the game, by all means that is what these boards are best for. I just prefer actual game discussion over the "How come we never get any calls" posts. Again, not accusing you personally, its a general complaint spurred be someone's "we got hosed" post.

Sorry, my bad!

What a great game - since we won, that is. It would have been a terrible loss (I agree with "crushing").
Being at the game was exhausting, but satisfying - I'm certainly deeply relieved I didn't have to walk out of the Barn with happy Iowa fans.

Top Bottom