Gopher scholarship grids

hungan1

Reaction score
FYI - Make whatever you want to make of these. It looks like we are well within the 85 scholies depending on who's counting

The Gopher Report: https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/scholarship-grid-1

The Daily Gopher: http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/gopher-football-scholarship-grid

The Gopher Report Shows a count of 87, but the following six players are still included:
James Johannesson
Ted Stieber
Dior Johnson
Ray Buford
Tamarion Johnson
Kiante Hardin

The Daily Gopher shows a count off 85, but two players are still listed:
Kiante Hardin
Dior Johnson

Mark williams who's facing a year's suspension is still on both grids.

The crazy thing is we have 13 OL (play 5), 14 DL (play 3 or 4 but lots of subbing), 9 DB (play 4 and lots of subbing - YIKES!) but we have 7 QB (play 1, next to no subbing) and 4 ST (2 K, 1 P, 1 LS). I assume it's going to take a couple years to straighten that out.

Granted, one QB (Williams) will likely not be here (and may change positions if he is) and another (Estes) will likely change positions...

247's is the most accurate I believe

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/ScholarshipDistribution

With Tamarion Johnson and Kiante Hardin factored out and double listings corrected, 247 shows 83.

So Daily Gopher and 247 show 83 potentially. It is 85 with Tamarion and Kiante included. But, it looks like Tamarion is no longer enrolled.

Strange - WR Brock Annexstad is listed on the 247 scholarship list. He is listed twice as an enrollee counted against 2016 and also listed in 2017. I don't recall him getting a scholarship or committing. Is the the PJ Fleck surprise he was talking about?

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/ScholarshipDistribution

With Tamarion Johnson and Kiante Hardin factored out and double listings corrected, 247 shows 83.

So Daily Gopher and 247 show 83 potentially. It is 85 with Tamarion and Kiante included. But, it looks like Tamarion is no longer enrolled.

Strange - WR Brock Annexstad is listed on the 247 scholarship list. He is listed twice as an enrollee counted against 2016 and also listed in 2017. I don't recall him getting a scholarship or committing. Is the the PJ Fleck surprise he was talking about?

He graduated early and enrolled pretty sure he's a PWO

But, he is on the scholarship distribution list.

Wasn't he originally from Minnesota who transferred to IMG Academy in Florida? He also has a younger brother Pro QB Zack at IMG. He's got some size 6-3 203.

But, he is on the scholarship distribution list.

Wasn't he originally from Minnesota who transferred to IMG Academy in Florida? He also has a younger brother Pro QB Zack at IMG. He's got some size 6-3 203.

Gobie said on Twitter that a key PWO enrolled early and is on campus pretty sure that's him.

Unless 247 incorrectly put him on the scholarship list (it did not list J Roste, Q Coughlin, or E Rousemiller), he is counted.

If he is a PWO, then the Gophers are at 82 scholies.

Unless 247 incorrectly put him on the scholarship list (it did not list J Roste, Q Coughlin, or E Rousemiller), he is counted.

If he is a PWO, then the Gophers are at 82 scholies.

247 doesn't list Carpenter or Cashman. I thought Carpenter got his and Cashman was going to be in the summer (assuming he's still going to get one). Does anyone know if that changed with Fleck or is too much still in the air?

It could very well be that the two of the remaining scholies will be for Carpenter and Cashman.

I wonder if that is how many will be allocated for PWOs at the end of each season.

247 doesn't list Carpenter or Cashman. I thought Carpenter got his and Cashman was going to be in the summer (assuming he's still going to get one). Does anyone know if that changed with Fleck or is too much still in the air?

Fairly certain Carp got his scholarship. As you stated, $man won't until after the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom