Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Tlsbhansen View Post
    They remind me of the guy we sat next to at Vikings games at the old Met in the early-mid 70's. "Burnsie you suck...you wouldn't know how to call a play if it bit you in the a**!" He then pulled his flask out of his snowmobile suit and had a belt...then started up the Burnsie rant again.
    Ruppert and Halsey

2. Default

They remind me of the guy we sat next to at Vikings games at the old Met in the early-mid 70's. "Burnsie you suck...you wouldn't know how to call a play if it bit you in the a**!" He then pulled his flask out of his snowmobile suit and had a belt...then started up the Burnsie rant again.
    Having watched Billy Brown run off tackle left then off tackle right for so many games I can understand the man needing a belt or two.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    You two make me laugh. I get the feeling you'd hate any OC who doesn't have a QB with a rating over 100 and a RB who fails to gain 150 yards per game.

Our offensive play calling was just fine.
    Yeah, running up the middle 50 times a game makes the guy a play calling guru. It figures you of all people thought he was good!

Quote Originally Posted by MNgradinWI View Post
    Yeah, running up the middle 50 times a game makes the guy a play calling guru. It figures you of all people thought he was good!
    How many times have the Gophers won 9 games in a season? Remind me again.

5. Default

How many times have the Gophers won 9 games in a season? Remind me again.
    How many times have the Gophers played 13 games in a season? How many times did they squeak by bad opponents? How many ranked teams did they beat? How many rival games did they win? Yeah, that is right...zero! Thanks for playing though.

How many times have the Gophers played 13 games in a season? [B]How many times did they squeak by bad opponents? How many ranked teams did they beat? How many rival games did they win? Yeah, that is right...zero! Thanks for playing though.
    We all get it.

Close wins = Losses
    Close losses = Losses

It's the only rational way to judge close games.

That said, I am glad this is the criteria we are going to use. A bad season means that you beat every single team that you should beat, win 8+ games and go well over .500 in the Big 10 every year!!!! It's going to be great being a Gopher fan

7. Default

Sounds like you were sitting next to Burnsie himself!

How many times have the Gophers played 13 games in a season?
    Twenty-two, counting the seasons where they would've played 13 had they qualified for a bowl game.

How many times did they squeak by bad opponents?
    Who cares? Wins are wins.

How many ranked teams did they beat?
    What does that have to do with how many times they've won 9 games in a season?

How many rival games did they win?

Yeah, that is right...zero! Thanks for playing though.
    You're so awesome! Of course, you voluntary live in wisconsin, which speaks to your level of intelligence.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer em' View Post
    Sounds like you were sitting next to Burnsie himself!
    Not enough f-bombs thrown in to be Burnsie!

How many times have the Gophers played 13 games in a season? How many times did they squeak by bad opponents? How many ranked teams did they beat? How many rival games did they win? Yeah, that is right...zero! Thanks for playing though.
    So...9 wins for the first time in over 10 years isn't good enough for you. Got it. Join the balcony with ruppert and halsey.

So...9 wins for the first time in over 10 years isn't good enough for you. Got it. Join the balcony with ruppert and halsey.
    I wish it were that simple.

9 wins LAST year is not good enough.
    8 wins NEXT year is an unrealistic expectation.

Additionally, you have to keep in mind that PJ Fleck is dealing with implementing a new system. You shouldn't have high expectations for next year. However, here is where it gets tricky, the offense last year (with Johnson and Miller), should have hit the ground running. You should not have expected a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post

Additionally, you have to keep in mind that PJ Fleck is dealing with implementing a new system. You shouldn't have high expectations for next year. However, here is where it gets tricky, the offense last year (with Johnson and Miller), should have hit the ground running. You should not have expected a learning curve.
    Indeed. First year OC's and line coaches should win every trophy game and get us into the Rose Bowl...except for the elite Panama Jack who must be given 4 years to work his wonders despite the fact we fired a first year 9-4 coach. The intrigue of the Gopherhole logic keeps me coming back for more...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post

Thats as biased as it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Twenty-two, counting the seasons where they would've played 13 had they qualified for a bowl game.

Who cares? Wins are wins.

You're so awesome! Of course, you voluntary live in wisconsin, which speaks to your level of intelligence.
    Your last sentence sums up your lack of intelligence. Bowl committees and people who attend games care who and how you beat people. I was at the Northwestern game. If you were...you would notice how many people were excited about the glorious last second victory of Rutgers.

15. Default

[QUOTE=MennoSota;1345317]Indeed. First year OC's and line coaches should win every trophy game and get us into the Rose Bowl...except for the elite Panama Jack who must be given 4 years to work his wonders despite the fact we fired a first year 9

I never said Fleck should be given a pass or expected to go backwards this year if you were referring to me. We have a decent team.