***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL 51 HAGEMAN, CAMPBELL FALCONS-PATS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Brady, Bill B and Kraft are all heroes as far as I am concerned. Great game and great win for all involved.

The answer to the question posed earlier is to never play a "foot off the gas offense" and not never play "prevent defense" unless you have a huge lead ike 55 to 7 and well into the 3Q) or have very little time left in the fourth quarter.

The answer to the question posed earlier is to never play a "foot off the gas offense" and not never play "prevent defense" unless you have a huge lead ike 55 to 7 and well into the 3Q) or have very little time left in the fourth quarter.

One would argue that having a foot on the gas cost Atlanta that game.

Brady and Belichick use every player at their disposal. They bring out the best in each player, and make every player around them better. It's why they are the greatest of all time.

And a little cheating.

Matt Ryan can't take that sack late in the 2nd half while in FG range. They run the ball there or he just throws it away and they probably win.

That call, more than any other. Just like Seattle passing with the game on the line at the goal line. Incredible comeback and damn happy I'm not a Falcons fan

Terrible decision to not run the ball at the end there. Get the FG and hoist the trophy.

On that drive where Atlanta turned it into a 3rd and 33 or whatever, they were snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock most of the time. Need to just let the time be your friend.

My big issue is actually "prevent" defense, not milking the clock on Offense. That only matters in the last passion or two.

Campbell goes down in infamy. PI in overtime inside the 5.

Edit: and it ends in a NE touchdown. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he didn't PI, the pass was a perfect pass and easy catch for TD. His PI extended the game two plays longer.

One would argue that having a foot on the gas cost Atlanta that game.
I agree. They got down to the 23, and if they had just rub the ball three things times and kicked a FG, an 11 point lead would have been enough.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If he didn't PI, the pass was a perfect pass and easy catch for TD. His PI extended the game two plays longer.

Yup. Was thinking the same thing. That's all was perfectly thrown. He had good coverage, but the throw was great. He doesn't PI there it is an easy touchdown.

If he didn't interfere the guy would have caught the pass for sure so he was screwed either way on that play.

Brady, Bill B and Kraft are all heroes as far as I am concerned. Great game and great win for all involved.

Not sure I would go as far as heroes but it is impossible to ignore what that franchise has been able to do over the years. And the amazing thing is that outside of Brady they do it will very few "star" players.

My big issue is actually "prevent" defense, not milking the clock on Offense. That only matters in the last passion or two.

The defense was preventing further pi calls otherwise it was the same d all game long.

#coacheslivesmatter

True. This will be remembered as the greatest Super Bowl comeback but all it needed was a run play to set up the 3. Collossal coaching error that will haunt Falcons fans forever.

Yup. Huge mistake. Gotta give Bryant a chance to kick the FG.

While I was really pulling for the Falcons.....I've got no complaints. That was a great game.

Nice game for both; too bad their offensive coordinator lost his mind in the 4th quarter......

Seeing Pete Rozelle slither up to the podium and away is reminiscent of watching Coyle speak with forked tongue.

Quite an accomplishment seeing he's been dead for 20 years.

Quite an accomplishment seeing he's been dead for 20 years.
Shows you how much I watch the NFL. Who's the commish that was booed last night? Or...was that Mark Coyle? [emoji56]

Worst take of all time?
Falcons had already blown a 25 pt. lead. New England was marching thru them like a hot knife thru butter. A first down pass interference penalty that moves the ball about 13 yards on an inevitable touchdown drive. This ranks about 40th in the list of things that went wrong for the Falcons.
Did you hear all the people talking about the Campbell penalty this morning? Didn't think so.

Top Bottom