***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL 51 HAGEMAN, CAMPBELL FALCONS-PATS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Hageman was back in on that drive.

I have no idea what the falcons are trying to do on offense.

incredible game, incredible 4th quarter.

Wow, Atlanta choke job. Reminds me of the unmentionable game in 2003.

(and Lady Gaga is fat)

Atlanta spent the second half playing not to lose. Good job buckling under pressure.

What a game. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campbell goes down in infamy. PI in overtime inside the 5.

Edit: and it ends in a NE touchdown. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D@mn, the curse of the Gophers strikes again...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Michigan wins again. [emoji57] [emoji41]

Falcons D line ran out of gas.
Falcons offense maybe should have played 4 quarters instead of 2.5...the defense collapsed but an offensive team needs to keep scoring to win the game. They had two different posessions inside New England's 40 that ended with zero points in the second half. Get 3, they are Super Bowl champs.

Fleck is here to exorcist all the demons out of Gopher football. "Row the Boat"......

Matt Ryan can't take that sack late in the 2nd half while in FG range. They run the ball there or he just throws it away and they probably win.

Matt Ryan can't take that sack late in the 2nd half while in FG range. They run the ball there or he just throws it away and they probably win.

True. This will be remembered as the greatest Super Bowl comeback but all it needed was a run play to set up the 3. Collossal coaching error that will haunt Falcons fans forever.

Well that was a bummer. In typical gopher fashion the team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, on to the next one!

Well that was a bummer. In typical gopher fashion the team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Oh well, on to the next one!

To make it even better, the Pats used a Wisconsin running back to jump start their struggling offense.

As one that still shudders when I think of a missed Gary Anderson field goal vs the Falcons many years ago this was a pretty sweet game. That, and how can one not admire the job Belichick has done over the years. Very impressive.

Seeing Pete Rozelle slither up to the podium and away is reminiscent of watching Coyle speak with forked tongue.

To make it even better, the Pats used a Wisconsin running back to jump start their struggling offense.

Matt Ryan fumbling inside their own 30 didn't help much either.

But being in easy FG position. Taking a sack, and then a holding call to make it worse... that was bad.

I know fans don't like it when offenses settle and play slow-ball in the 2nd half, but most of the time that works.

It's an interesting contradiction with these high scoring teams however, because they are usually used to scoring in a fast paced manner, so to play ball control is opposite of what they usually do, so as a coach you have to decide, do I keep playing offense like usually with a heavy pass game and play like we know, or do we start to play it safe early on, try and kill clock and put this on ice, even though it's not our style.

It appears Atlanta stuck to what they know and it cost them.

Lol Gopher fans - we didn't just lose the Super Bowl! Last game we played we shut down a top ranked offence with a makeshift secondary to win a bowl game.

We've got a new coach that got 12 victories last season.

The fact former Gopher got called for PI and an ex-badger scored the TD made no difference. Patriots were always going on to win in OT even if Campbell didn't draw the flag or White's knee was down. It was not us.

Winning mentality! Believe!

Brady and Belichick use every player at their disposal. They bring out the best in each player, and make every player around them better. It's why they are the greatest of all time.

Brady and Belichick use every player at their disposal. They bring out the best in each player, and make every player around them better. It's why they are the greatest of all time.

Painful collapse and after living through 4 Vikings Super Bowl losses I feel bad for them.

Terrible decision to not run the ball at the end there. Get the FG and hoist the trophy.

Top Bottom