Gopherhole's Sports Huddle Recap: Coach Fleck - 2/5/17

DL65

Reaction score
P.J. Fleck was on the Sports Huddle at 11:20 a.m. via a very brief Sid Hartman interview that was recorded following Fleck’s press conference on National Signing Day. The couple questions that Sid asked were recruiting-related and one was related to upcoming opponents in the fall.

1) Sid wanted to know what coach Fleck thought of this year’s recruiting period and class:

“We looked at it as an opportunity to get players from Western Michigan University . . . most of the guys from Western Michigan had Big 10 offers . . . We had an elite class for us,” Fleck said.

He also spoke positively about the out-of-state recruits that were signed, without elaboration. He didn’t comment on the Minnesota recruits; but I didn’t take it as slight by Fleck because it was a brief interview and he wasn’t asked about the in-state recruits.

2) Sid asked about the Gopher’s 2017 schedule:

“We have a demanding schedule . . . (we’ll) take one opponent at a time,” Fleck answered.

Go Gophers!!

So we went from an "elite class" to an "elite class for us"? I hope he wins a conference title here, as it's been a long time and a lot of us have never experienced a title during our lifetime. That said, I will never like Fleck's approach. fleck has said surround yourself with the people you want to be like. Saban is the real deal. Maybe he should look at how he acts....

So we went from an "elite class" to an "elite class for us"? I hope he wins a conference title here, as it's been a long time and a lot of us have never experienced a title during our lifetime. That said, I will never like Fleck's approach. fleck has said surround yourself with the people you want to be like. Saban is the real deal. Maybe he should look at how he acts....
WRONG...

There are some posters here who think PJ shouldn't be settling for mediocrity.

It will be nice to have a coach who looks at every game as an opportunity and be excited to coach, instead of a coach who hopes for 11am games so he can go home and watch college football the rest of the day.

The pessimism and bitchiness of Gopher fans reminds me of that old adage.

Win a million dollars and complain about the taxes. Can we give this guy a chance?

Some for the recap sir. Always much appreciated.

The Sports Huddle also did an interview with a guy from Gopher Illustrated, talking about the Gopher FB recruiting class. I didn't take notes. One player he really seemed to like was Jacob Paulson, the TE from Kentucky. Talked about another TE recruit (missed the name) possibly being a candidate to move to O-Line if he can bulk up some. There was some talk of players switching positions. the GI dude (also missed his name) said that Dominik London would definitely stay at RB.

They also talked about QB's. The GI dude really liked Tanner Morgan, and said he would not be shocked if Morgan plays as a true FR. Also mentioned Kandarian Handy-Holly as someone who could play a lot as a true FR.

That's what I remember.

It will be nice to have a coach who looks at every game as an opportunity and be excited to coach, instead of a coach who hopes for 11am games so he can go home and watch college football the rest of the day.

So you're looking for a coach who won't spin his answer? Then Fleck is the wrong guy for you.

Fleck mentioned Morgan in his review of the class. Said he makes good decisions and is accurate with the ball. Is a gym rat and players rally to him. If we ever have a QB who can make good decisions and be accurate the offense has a chance.

So you're looking for a coach who won't spin his answer? Then Fleck is the wrong guy for you.

Pretty sure he doesn't exist. "I'm just an old country boy from Kansas," in case you think TC didn't spin.

Pretty sure he doesn't exist. "I'm just an old country boy from Kansas," in case you think TC didn't spin.

Nah, and you are way off aren't yah? You gotta read the two posts together to get it right.

But getting things correct isn't really your thing when taking a shot is so much easier is it Mully? :D

Fleck mentioned Morgan in his review of the class. Said he makes good decisions and is accurate with the ball. Is a gym rat and players rally to him. If we ever have a QB who can make good decisions and be accurate the offense has a chance.

I hope as a true freshman he can make good decisions with BigTen type players coming at him instead of high schoole Jr's and Sr's if not lets see what he can do as a RS freshman

He was talking about Western Michigan. Reread what he said

Except

I hope as a true freshman he can make good decisions with BigTen type players coming at him instead of high schoole Jr's and Sr's if not lets see what he can do as a RS freshman
You really don't know what you have until the bullets start flying. Lots of guys on here don't believe in gamers. There are many examples of players who look pretty good in practice and come game day do nothing. So, maybe he's better as a red shirt freshman but maybe he's even better as sophomore if he plays as a freshman.. Each kid is an individual case.

Top Bottom