Incredible statistical improvements at WMU under Fleck.

Great, great open and varied discussion of important issues on this thread. We're also hearing from many new voices and the "Pat Reusse" negative types are receding in prominence here.

Great, great open and varied discussion of important issues on this thread. We're also hearing from many new voices and the "Pat Reusse" negative types are receding in prominence here.

I love how you liked a post that had no substance. It makes sense though, you're incapable of having a substantive discussion.

We all know we were going to suck under TC. There is nothing to back it, it's literally a "because I said so" argument. You loved THAT discussion of important issues. LOL. OK, buddy.

As far as Coyle being AD of the year, we'll see. We better go better than 9-4 for it to even be in consideration. We'll probably have to win what, 12 games next year for that to really be the case.

He wanted to fire a 9-4 football coach, which is fine, but it SHOULD put a big target on your back.
He didn't have the guts to actually fire the coach, so he hid behind this EoAA investigation.
He lied to the media about the nature of the discussion with Claeys and acted like Claeys tweet (properly supporting his players who were standing up for improperly punished teammates).
He hid behind a sexual assault allegation (maybe the biggest act of cowardice I've ever witnessed) to change the head coach and then threw Jerry Kill, Tracy Claeys and a group of Gopher alums that brought us out of the dark days of Brewster just so that he didn't have to actually show any courage and make the change on his own.
He then cited things like team recruiting rankings (a month before signing day! lol) as part of the reason.

So, if all of these slick moves are going to make him AD of the year, we better be watching a 12 win football team next season.

Let me guess, you're one of the those people who thinks PJ is god, but so godly that we can't expect at least 8 wins?

I see Bob_Loblaw is still confused about who lied to who between Coyle and Claeys. We won't ever know for sure, but Bob still claims it was Coyle who lied when the evidence points to Claeys lying to his players about him not having anything to do with the suspensions. Claeys was ok wth the suspensions according to his bosses, then tells his players he had nothing to do with it.

The free pass Claeys gets from Bob and others on here after he allowed this sex scandal to happen under his watch with the players that they recruited to come here, then he lies to his players about it and acts like he spoke up for them to Kaler and Coyle instead of telling them the truth which is that he didn't object to the suspensions at the time with either Kaler or Coyle.

Meanwhile throughout September and October we apparently have players harassing the alleged victim about not getting charged by the police. And people say there wasn't a culture problem? And they point to good grades as their reason? It's as if 80 of the 105 players would have had to been involved in the sex assault for people here to admit that we have a problem. Those disgusting text messages between the players alone were enough for anyone to see the culture/character problem that Kill/Claeys allowed to manifest itself here.

Coyle deserves a frickin raise for getting rid of the people that allowed this to happen.

I see Bob_Loblaw is still confused about who lied to who between Coyle and Claeys. We won't ever know for sure, but Bob still claims it was Coyle who lied when the evidence points to Claeys lying to his players about him not having anything to do with the suspensions. Claeys was ok wth the suspensions according to his bosses, then tells his players he had nothing to do with it.

The free pass Claeys gets from Bob and others on here after he allowed this sex scandal to happen under his watch with the players that they recruited to come here, then he lies to his players about it and acts like he spoke up for them to Kaler and Coyle instead of telling them the truth which is that he didn't object to the suspensions at the time with either Kaler or Coyle.

Meanwhile throughout September and October we apparently have players harassing the alleged victim about not getting charged by the police. And people say there wasn't a culture problem? And they point to good grades as their reason? It's as if 80 of the 105 players would have had to been involved in the sex assault for people here to admit that we have a problem. Those disgusting text messages between the players alone were enough for anyone to see the culture/character problem that Kill/Claeys allowed to manifest itself here.

Coyle deserves a frickin raise for getting rid of the people that allowed this to happen.

+100

I see Bob_Loblaw is still confused about who lied to who between Coyle and Claeys. We won't ever know for sure...

You're right about that. Guess we never will.

To the Fleck boosters - Yes, there are people on this board who liked Claeys, and we're upset with the way he was treated and the method used to replace him. In time, we'll accept the change and most of us will get in line behind the new coach - even those of us who think the new coach is a bit of a clown show.

But - that's not good enough for the Flecksters. They have to come on here and kick Claeys when he's down. News Flash - denigrating the previous coach does NOT make the new coach better. In fact, the more the Flecksters snipe at Claeys, the more some of us are going to push back. You are making it harder for me to accept Fleck. You are hurting your own cause.

Claeys isn't down he's a multimillionaire I'm sure he'll be finr. He got fired for being an incompetent leader it happens everyday except they don't get a 500k buyout.

You seem to be confused as well since you say what I have bolded, then proceed to tell us it is all on Claeys for lying.

Not sure he allowed the sex scandal, unless you have some proof he helped plan a party at The Radius for the players. He doesn't get a free pass in that those players were allowed to still play, although as a first time head coach, he gets a little leeway in my book. In that same regard, Coyle shouldn't get a free pass either because he knew just as much and let those players play and he is more at fault since he has been an AD for quite some time and should have stepped in and been more out front with the entire situation.

Meanwhile throughout September and October we apparently have players harassing the alleged victim about not getting charged by the police. And people say there wasn't a culture problem? And they point to good grades as their reason? It's as if 80 of the 105 players would have had to been involved in the sex assault for people here to admit that we have a problem. Those disgusting text messages between the players alone were enough for anyone to see the culture/character problem that Kill/Claeys allowed to manifest itself here
There were a few players who were a problem. That does not mean it was a team wide problem.

He was part of the admin. that allowed this to happen AND he did nothing for 3 months. Yet you want to give him a raise?

You're right, my bad - he actually played ahead of an NFL HOFer at UNI. Probably even more important than coaching one, I presume?

Did Bart Miller coach at Wisconsin or just play there? Playing trumps coaching now in dpodoll68 mind.
Also, if Miller was on the coaching staff at Wisconsin as a graduate assistant it CAN'T count. Just as kpodoll68. Fleck coached tight ends as a graduate assistant at Ohio State. You can look it up on the OSU web site.

Did Bart Miller coach at Wisconsin or just play there? Playing trumps coaching now in dpodoll68 mind.
Also, if Miller was on the coaching staff at Wisconsin as a graduate assistant it CAN'T count. Just as kpodoll68. Fleck coached tight ends as a graduate assistant at Ohio State. You can look it up on the OSU web site.

Bart Miller coached at wisconsin, not as a GA, as a full-time assistant coach. The playing bit was a joke, making fun of your "point" that coaching Joe Flacco at Delaware counts as FBS coaching experience. I thought that would be self-evident for anyone with a shred of common sense.

Almost no one on the planet counts GA experience as anything substantive, unless you're trying to make some asinine point. The purpose of being a GA is getting a full-time assistant coaching job. Anything that you might pick up along the way is a bonus.

Whoa, whoa, what? This is the first we've heard of this.

Claeys isn't down he's a multimillionaire I'm sure he'll be finr. He got fired for being an incompetent leader it happens everyday except they don't get a 500k buyout.

Coyle directly caused the boycott because he is simply an awful communicator. He can't get a point across. In addition to the team meeting fiasco, he bungled repeated clear questions about the buyouts with mystifying answers nobody understood. Then he publicly impugned the character of Kill, Claeys, Sherels, and the other staff for no reason at all. He is a terrible leader.

I am so glad this incestuous culture of assault is ending under Mark Coyle.

Coyle made a grand slam hire, but even if he would have brought in Rich Kotite as coach, I would have been happy with the change just for the sake of cleaning things up around the University.
It seems as if I'm in the minority on this forum in thinking this, but I'm glad that they are taking the steps to avoid public disgrace like we had this last season by making changes as needed.

Yes, there shall never be another player stepping out of line. When are they issued their halo and wings? Give me a break.

Yes, there shall never be another player stepping out of line. When are they issued their halo and wings? Give me a break.

I think a no gang rape policy within the football program seems reasonable, but that's just me.

I think a no gang rape policy within the football program seems reasonable, but that's just me.

I'm fairly certain Claey's didn't have a policy that said it was ok. You can have all the rules you want, but it doesn't mean people will always follow them.

Wow. You are really an idiot.

So expecting a sex scandal free football program is asking too much now? Good to know where you stand.

It was in reference to Pompous Elitist's remark regarding the players never stepping out of line again and wearing a halo and wings. Nobody's asking them to be perfect. But we are asking for the sex scandals to stop, as this past December shows we were a national embarrassment.

Not sure how you can disagree with a word of that. But go ahead and call names since you clearly have no argument or worthwhile comments to share judging from your well though out post.

So expecting a sex scandal free football program is asking too much now? Good to know where you stand.

It was in reference to Pompous Elitist's remark regarding the players never stepping out of line again and wearing a halo and wings. Nobody's asking them to be perfect. But we are asking for the sex scandals to stop, as this past December shows we were a national embarrassment.

Not sure how you can disagree with a word of that. But go ahead and call names since you clearly have no argument or worthwhile comments to share judging from your well though out post.

Yeah, none of that was any good.

To you point about embarrassment, hopefully you're keeping your thoughts here then, rather than taking them nationally.

No, it is not too much to have a sex scandal free program.
You though did not say that.
Name a program in the country that doesn't have a no gang rape policy?

It is funny how some still want to perpetuate this narrative. Let's say the sex was consensual, how would you feel if you were then accused of sexual assault. Given the opportunity, might you say something to the accuser, knowing it was consensual? Also, remember she misidentified one player in the subsequent ROs, and then dropped all the ROs like a in short order once the accused's attorney began questioning her at the RO court hearing.

She's now admitted she was not drunk, essentially lied about Winfield Jr's involvement, and confirmed sex with several was consensual.

No... you said a "no gang rape policy" is needed.... here's a word of advice....stop posting....

As a good friend once said (I'm going to modify it a bit to fit here)

"Better to stop posting and be thought an idiot than to post and remove all doubt."

It's too late for you though....

Honest question for Maverick and GFBfan. I didn't ever think I'd have to ask this but you both referenced it in your posts. Did you two geniuses actually take my "no gang rape policy" as a serious suggestion? Wow. You two are bright.

I have to agree. Most of the public seems to agree (startribune readers, people on facebook who respond to GoMN News stories, and others who appear to be from Minnesota) seem to agree that a policy against football players sexually assaulting a woman (no matter her size or what she may look like) would be a good idea. Like.. it doesn't matter how big or small the guy is or how big or small the girl is or what they look like, or anything.. evidently most people (and this excludes present company here on Gopherhole) seem to think that one person sexually assaulting another is bad. And it's bad even if the person was assaulted, and they didn't win a court case or the police didn't press charges.

Evidently, many seem to feel that women should have an option of saying no, even though they already said yes to having sex with another person. So evidently, even though the girl is no longer a virgin, she CAN still be sexually assaulted.

I don't know where all of these "everyday Minnesota's are coming from with these non-Gopherhole like opinions, but it's what they are actually saying with their real names tied to those responses. I haven't researched it, but many of them could just be Badger fans who want to see the Gophers fail however.

Again... this is just what I observed and I'm not trying to over-represent these opinions, but many feel that sexual assault (and rape too!!!) are bad, even of police didn't press charges or if the alleged rapist didn't get found as guilty.

Top Bottom