Incredible statistical improvements at WMU under Fleck.

Honest question for Maverick and GFBfan. I didn't ever think I'd have to ask this but you both referenced it in your posts. Did you two geniuses actually take my "no gang rape policy" as a serious suggestion? Wow. You two are bright.

Yep, we are bright enough not to make really tasteless jokes and to call out the dolts who do.

So how about those WMU statistics...

Honest question for Maverick and GFBfan. I didn't ever think I'd have to ask this but you both referenced it in your posts. Did you two geniuses actually take my "no gang rape policy" as a serious suggestion? Wow. You two are bright.

Wasn't sure how to take your post, but then you went and defended it about 3 posts later.

Gopher Records.jpg

Went back and looked at years from Mason to Claeys, then also looked at WMU from Cubit to Fleck. Was going to just copy and paste it here, but format was off so I saved the info as a picture.

Mason had some good offenses, but the defense was all over the place. Brewster had a a cluster for both offense and defense. Kill and then Claeys did wonders on the defensive side in comparison to what had been done before them, but their offense was a little to a lot lacking. Strength of schedule for the Gophers through all those years was pretty similar for the most part.

At WMU, I didn't realize how long Cubit was the HC. His offensive and defensive ranks were respectable for the most part. The year Fleck took over took a big drop. Then he was able to make some good improvement. Their strength of schedule was not really that good in any of the years. Alarming part is the huge drop off when he took over at Western. Because of the talent we have returning on Off, Def and Special Teams, we should not be seeing that type of drop in year 1 of the PJF era. Ski-U-Mah

Alarming part is the huge drop off when he took over at Western. Because of the talent we have returning on Off, Def and Special Teams, we should not be seeing that type of drop in year 1 of the PJF era.

Did WMU have a lot of players transfer/graduate that year?

Did WMU have a lot of players transfer/graduate that year?

Also, did they have some diseases situation where he cleaned house to some extent? I don't remember anything but very likely wouldn't have paid attention back then if there had been issues.

Again, the rankings are opponent-adjusted. I don't know how to explain that to you any more plainly. It doesn't matter if they played in the SEC or Mt. West. Opponent-adjusted metrics. This is why they are more useful than total yards or total scoring as those have less context attached. Are they perfect? Nope. But they do help paint part of the picture.

He's not gonna get it.

I am so glad this incestuous culture of assault is ending under Mark Coyle.

Coyle made a grand slam hire, but even if he would have brought in Rich Kotite as coach, I would have been happy with the change just for the sake of cleaning things up around the University.
It seems as if I'm in the minority on this forum in thinking this, but I'm glad that they are taking the steps to avoid public disgrace like we had this last season by making changes as needed.

I haven't seen this posted. What safeguards is Fleck putting into place to make sure that we don't have other incidents of misbehavior or scandal?

There is a group on here that is sure we got this problem licked though, I haven't been able to find precisely what Claeys did that encouraged young men to drink, have sex, and say disrespectful thing about girls on text messages. I don't think people should act like this either, but if you could post what the cure for that is, I am sure even PJ would be very interested.

I think a no gang rape policy within the football program seems reasonable, but that's just me.

Again, I am not calling you and this group on here liars, but you guys keep posting things that haven't been reported. Is the investigation into the alleged rape been reopened? I am sure you are a stand-up honest so you can just put the link in. If you can't then you are just an idiot and I am sure that isn't the case.

Top Bottom