Row or Tow?

Row the boat or Tow the boat 3 years from now?

• Rowing the boat

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Treading water

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Towing the boat

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • The boat has already been salvaged

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Three years from now what do you think we will be doing? Please don't turn this into a Claeys/Fleck pissing match.

Driving a fishing boat with an outboard motor.

Talking about how great the next coach will be. Fleck will either be a success or failure and no matter which it will be the same in 3 yrs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Talking about how great the next coach will be. Fleck will either be a success or failure and no matter which it will be the same discussion in 3 yrs.

I like the chances of rowing the boat but ultimately gun to my head I'd say treading water.

They'll be talking expansion at TCF. The Glass Palace will look like a foreclosure candidate.Litlle kids across the State will be wearing " row the boat" T-shirts. Reusse will eat crow if he is still living. The third year they will air lift Sid to Pasadena. Farmers across the State during Harvest time will be watching the game inside their 200,000 tractor/combine Oliver's. Bars across the State will have : " Catch Gopher Football Here" on their frontage signs. Believe it, or get the "F"
out of here! I'm tired of you skeptic's and naysayers. You guys are a plague.......

They'll be talking expansion at TCF. The Glass Palace will look like a foreclosure candidate.Litlle kids across the State will be wearing " row the boat" T-shirts. Reusse will eat crow if he is still living. The third year they will air lift Sid to Pasadena. Farmers across the State during Harvest time will be watching the game inside their 200,000 tractor/combine Oliver's. Bars across the State will have : " Catch Gopher Football Here" on their frontage signs. Believe it, or get the "F"
out of here! I'm tired of you skeptic's and naysayers. You guys are a plague.......

Wake up, wake up.

I LIKE your optimism.

A lot of coaches have tried to win at MN in the last 50 years. Some have had a little success - some have had no success.

I tend to subscribe to the theory that it's not strictly about X's & O's, or strictly about recruiting. There is something missing at the U of MN - call it lack of administrative support, or being fully committed to the FB program - but there's something that IA and WI have figured out that MN has never figured out.

The big question now becomes - is Fleck the difference-maker? Will the U of MN commit to doing everything that is necessary to have a top FB program? (I am not talking about doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules).

Only time will tell. And, as we have debated before, what is the ceiling for this program? 10 wins - 11 wins - a Division title - a conference title - New Year's Day bowl game - national playoffs - national championship?

And the real question - how many games into next season before someone starts calling for the backup QB to play?

We are rowing and Wisconsin is the RMS Titanic.

Litlle kids across the State will be wearing " row the boat" T-shirts.

Nah, I bet they'll be wearing t-shirts with little screen printed tornadoes blowing over TCF. I hear that's the latest fashion craze.

Nah, I bet they'll be wearing t-shirts with little screen printed tornadoes blowing over TCF. I hear that's the latest fashion craze.
Anyone north of St Cloud is wearing flannel. [emoji300]

I am just hopeful we are talking "row or tow" rather than "rub and tug".

You keep bringing it up....Must peak your interest. Half way there for a minimum order of a 100....

Top Bottom