New era = new uniforms?

I am a new M fan here . Following PJ from Western , he will definitely add his panache to the bank... Be ready it's going to be a wild ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! I have visions of all kinds of changes to the game day atmosphere. Looking forward to it.

I am a new M fan here . Following PJ from Western , he will definitely add his panache to the bank... Be ready it's going to be a wild ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you UpNorth with a new moniker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No- they used them all up when you bedazzled your Ford Fiesta.

Let's work on getting people to arrive on time and stay for the whole game before that?

Not everyone wants to or can stand for the entire game. Even the young dudes.

Id add a metallic gold helmet with Goldy on the side and a gopher stripe down the middle of the helmet. Add a gopher stripe down 1 side of the pants to give the uniforms an identity without actually touching the jerseys. They should put some kind of golden emblem on the back of the neck of the jerseys to represent all of our national titles as well. The NBA currently does that on their jerseys but no football teams in college or pro's do. It could be a little reminder for people who may be watching and aren't familiar and recruits as well.

Id add a metallic gold helmet with Goldy on the side and a gopher stripe down the middle of the helmet. Add a gopher stripe down 1 side of the pants to give the uniforms an identity without actually touching the jerseys. They should put some kind of golden emblem on the back of the neck of the jerseys to represent all of our national titles as well. The NBA currently does that on their jerseys but no football teams in college or pro's do. It could be a little reminder for people who may be watching and aren't familiar and recruits as well.
No.

WTF is a Gopher stripe?

The fans around my season ticket area certainly don't appreciate the Case IH red zone as much as us

Well it is a whole midwestern thing, the CASE IH REDZONE is all over college ball in the midwest.

On another forum I made a joke and a dozen fans from other teams "oh hey we have that too".

you mean the old 13 stripe squirrel?

look for a major change in our jerseys in 2018. I have pretty reliable info that says PJ is already talking to nike about becoming the oregon of the big ten, and PJ has basically said as much. We WILL have an all white "stormtrooper" look. Just watch.

look for a major change in our jerseys in 2018. I have pretty reliable info that says PJ is already talking to nike about becoming the oregon of the big ten, and PJ has basically said as much. We WILL have an all white "stormtrooper" look. Just watch.

I consider myself a traditionalist, so this makes me want to puke. However, if it helps us recruit better players and leads to greater success, then I am all for it. But man, it makes me want to puke.

Brilliant!!!!!

I consider myself a traditionalist, so this makes me want to puke. However, if it helps us recruit better players and leads to greater success, than I am all for it. But man, it makes me want to puke.

Claeys in the shower makes me want to puke

I consider myself a traditionalist, so this makes me want to puke. However, if it helps us recruit better players and leads to greater success, than I am all for it. But man, it makes me want to puke.

If the uniforms at WMU are any indicator, they'll still stay mostly traditional. I am expecting if there are any changes that they'll be pretty subtle, like changing the brick motif on the numbers, font changes, etc. More color options and uniform combinations don't really don't really spike my meter one way or the other. The players absolutely care about their appearance on the field though, so having those options available are just another selling point for the team.

Ahh, did not think of that.

Yeah I seem to remember the 80's or early 90's Gophers Basketball team had a stripe pattern down the side that i thought looked really sharp. I think it would look really nice on our pants.

PJ Fleck was asked today during the radio show about new uniforms for next year and PJ said "there will be an addition, additions"

He said they will embrace the past to create our future, always going to be very dynamic in what we wear. He emphasized that it was important to know that he is 36 years old and the demographic he is there to impress are 17-21 year olds. Everyone will be very excited and proud.

PJ Fleck was asked today during the radio show about new uniforms for next year and PJ said "there will be an addition, additions"

He said they will embrace the past to create our future, always going to be very dynamic in what we wear. He emphasized that it was important to know that he is 36 years old and the demographic he is there to impress are 17-21 year olds. Everyone will be very excited and proud.

Did he say something about not coming out looking like squirrels because we're not squirrels?

serious.gif

I've been watching a lot of WMU footage lately and one of the things that caught my attention is that week to week, the team never really stuck with the same helmet/uniform combo.

This isn't just putting the same helmet decals on three different helmets and calling it good, either. By my count, WMU wore 18 different helmet styles in the PJ Fleck era.

It'll be interesting to see if he does the same here. Obviously we have three different helmets to use already, so it makes me wonder if they'll have more helmet decals than just the traditional block M. Or is this one of those traditions that you'd rather not see changed?

It's about what's going to get the best recruits here and the new uniform combos for 2018 will only help.

I would like to see a gold chrome helmet or maroon chrome (if such a thing) / with a chrome Goldy head or chrome block M decal. Just for 1-2 games. I'd be interested in seeing what that would look like.

Totally like this idea. In world-cup soccer it's common for the logo on the jersey pocket to have a star for every world cup title they've won, like this. We should do something along those lines with a star for each one of our national championships.

It's about what's going to get the best recruits here and the new uniform combos for 2018 will only help.

It's what the kids like.

The Gophers had maroon (or mostly maroon) jerseys with gold pants until Bierman, who went with all-gold. After WWII, for some reason, they went to white jerseys or sometimes maroon. Starting with Fesler in '51, maroon, which has been the basic color ever since, with a couple of exception years. That's our basic home uniform, but it does strongly resemble USC and AZ State. The all-maroons, worn now and then in recent years, looked good, too. What they wore Saturday was garish. We should have a basic home uniform and a basic road uniform (with some gold in it, maroon & white is ugly and all-white is blah, bland) and then have a special uniform for maybe one, at most two games a season. All this gray, black, day-glo, Haloween stuff all over the nation has been ugliness personified - notice that USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, have mostly shied away from it. Auburn has a great home uniform, which they've never changed. Arizona had one that was very similar, which they have ditched for the wildest, ugliest uniforms other than those at Oregon (some of which have actually been pretty cool, but they can't settle on one or even two).

Top Bottom