New era = new uniforms?

I really like the bricks in the numbers. Granted it went with "brick by brick" which I thought was fantastic from a team standpoint, but you could make a case to keep them due to TCF. other than that I think they look pretty good now. I'd like less yellow gold and more of a metallic gold, too USC and Iowa State with the yellow gold IMO.

Two unpopular opinions: I secretly want a switch to adidas - default helmets should be gold (not necessarily the ones we have now)

I like what Louisville did with their helmets and uniforms this past year. Gophers should consider something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the Wacker-era "metallic" gold as opposed to the "yellow" gold. If they do go with new unis, maybe a compromise could be found.

I prefer the yellow/gold helmets - they just stand out a little more.

And yes, I liked the Anthracite jerseys - maybe wear them one game a season.

- the yellow helmets with the SkiUMah down the middle stripe looks cheesy. I love the matte maroon ones. I wouldn't mind seeing a cool metallic or chrome yellow if we wanted to revise the yellow look.
- I also like the fact that the school has finally settled on a single maroon, going with a darker brown-based version instead of a red-based. We flip-flopped for so many years but it looks like Nike finally righted that ship.
- MMG is by far my favorite combo, but the all maroon combo has really grown on me. It's a really good look.
- not a fan of our white pants, mostly because without any side piping they look like baseball pants. Not sure if adding maroon/gold down the sides would add to the look, but it would probably just be better to kill white pants altogether.
- Agree with what many have said about the MINNESOTA on the back of the yellow jerseys. It looks like a high school and not like a B1G team in 2017.

It's so easy, our colors are maroon and gold, not yellow, not black and not coal! White and buff are acceptable complimentary colors, maybe some black trim, but there you have it, everything else is an abomination. Wanna wear black, attend Purdue or Iowa (where they wear p!$$ yellow and corn smut black).

I actually like the white pants when wore on the road with white tops and maroon helmet.

I used to be a lot more rigid on the uniforms. I liked the "USC" approach we had for long stretches of time under Stoll, Salem, Holtz, Gutey, Mason and now. I like seeing some pattern, (always gold pants, and white or Maroon top) and always maroon helmets. I realize that there were a few deviations at time, but I liked knowing it was Minnesota when I saw the uniform, immediately. The Gold Helmets sort of grew on me, but in reality we just looked excactly like Arizona State in those.

I do barely remember the shiny gold of the Dungy era, and again under Wacker, and I did not hate it, but do not miss it either.

The reality is in the era of Oregon/ Nike and Maryland/ Under Armor, most Teams that are not like Texas and Alabama are going to roll out a massive number of combinations, and my opinion is not going to change that. I used to cite Michigan as being one of those teams that always looked the same (for 40 years), then Harbaugh decided to bring back the white pants on the road for the first time since the 60's last year. (his first year '15) They look like crap if you ask me, but even Michigan and OSU play around with throwback (inspired by the past at least) mixed in with the more recent looks now.

I also knew I would get this response. It's great that you saw the movie and there was that quote but the actual team wore their last names on the back of their jerseys, not "United States of America"

It was a joke.

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the Wacker-era "metallic" gold as opposed to the "yellow" gold. If they do go with new unis, maybe a compromise could be found.

I prefer the yellow/gold helmets - they just stand out a little more.

And yes, I liked the Anthracite jerseys - maybe wear them one game a season.

PLEASE no metallic helmets and please no gray jerseys!!!!! Love the gold helmets though.

Keep what we have. By far the best we have had since forever. The maroon helmets are much better, but I don't hate the yellow ones (they aren't gold). All white is for losers.

I love our current uniforms, but they're going to be gone in 2018. That's just what happens with coaching changes. It's a shame, because I even finally came around on the gold lids with the Holiday Bowl uniforms - that combo was really, really sharp.

As others have stated, I just hope we don't have oars all over the place. Replacing the brick helmet stickers with oars would be perfectly fine.

I love our current uniforms, but they're going to be gone in 2018. That's just what happens with coaching changes. It's a shame, because I even finally came around on the gold lids with the Holiday Bowl uniforms - that combo was really, really sharp.

As others have stated, I just hope we don't have oars all over the place. Replacing the brick helmet stickers with oars would be perfectly fine.

I agree completely. I think a uniform change is inevitable considering the coaching change.

The current uniform set is very nice. Considering they have 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 3 pants as well as the anthracite uniforms unveiled in 2015, they could be much much worse. PJ Fleck said he is not here to mess with tradition but rather change the culture so maybe he will keep the current uniforms and just modify a few things. Maybe re-design the gold jersey? Otherwise the maroon tops with gold pants are as good as it gets in my mind.

Other than Maryland, Northwestern and Illinois, most Big Ten teams have stayed traditional over the years with their uniforms.

Minnesota has been fortunate to have some decent uniforms going back to the Mason era in 1997. While the Brewster-era uniforms had some unnecessary piping on the jerseys and pants, they could have been much worse. The current set introduced in 2012 is my favorite as long as I can remember going back to the late 1980's.

I've been watching a lot of WMU footage lately and one of the things that caught my attention is that week to week, the team never really stuck with the same helmet/uniform combo.

This isn't just putting the same helmet decals on three different helmets and calling it good, either. By my count, WMU wore 18 different helmet styles in the PJ Fleck era.

It'll be interesting to see if he does the same here. Obviously we have three different helmets to use already, so it makes me wonder if they'll have more helmet decals than just the traditional block M. Or is this one of those traditions that you'd rather not see changed?

I like the 1974 question mark helmet.

I still remember on Kill's first day someone asked him about the uniforms. Being that he just got here and was trying to salvage a recruiting season I think he was someone caught off guard that someone would be concerned about the uniforms when he had more pressing issues to deal with.

Why all the hate for the white? I like our M/W/W on the road. White is always a nice and fresh look. I would love to see the anthracite back, as it would be nice to wear those for a game.

Western Michigan had some very good looking uniforms the last couple years. I wouldn't mind if the Gophers had a couple uniform options that are really out there. They don't have to change up the jerseys that we have right now, but they could still go out and get a couple alternates and add to the selections.

Why all the hate for the white? I like our M/W/W on the road. White is always a nice and fresh look. I would love to see the anthracite back, as it would be nice to wear those for a game.

Western Michigan had some very good looking uniforms the last couple years. I wouldn't mind if the Gophers had a couple uniform options that are really out there. They don't have to change up the jerseys that we have right now, but they could still go out and get a couple alternates and add to the selections.
I'm okay with the white pants, but only if they wear contrasting socks. The all white socks with the all white pants make it look like they are wearing yoga pants.

Add one more helmet: Metallic maroon, Goldy Gopher on the sides; Gold Jersey with metallic maroon lettering; Metallic Maroon pants with SKI U MAH lettering in gold down both sides, Metallic gold cleats. For home night games. BAM!

I am a new M fan here . Following PJ from Western , he will definitely add his panache to the bank... Be ready it's going to be a wild ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Add one more helmet: Metallic maroon, Goldy Gopher on the sides; Gold Jersey with metallic maroon lettering; Metallic Maroon pants with SKI U MAH lettering in gold down both sides, Metallic gold cleats. For home night games. BAM!

Maybe some sequins too?

I think that might be the perception but just look around the B1G. Not many have changed with coaching changes.

Top Bottom