New era = new uniforms?

joshvanklomp

Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of WMU footage lately and one of the things that caught my attention is that week to week, the team never really stuck with the same helmet/uniform combo.

This isn't just putting the same helmet decals on three different helmets and calling it good, either. By my count, WMU wore 18 different helmet styles in the PJ Fleck era.

It'll be interesting to see if he does the same here. Obviously we have three different helmets to use already, so it makes me wonder if they'll have more helmet decals than just the traditional block M. Or is this one of those traditions that you'd rather not see changed?

Love their current uniforms. Hope this does not change. We had some real duds in the 90s.

I would prefer GOLD to be the predominant color for the GOLDEN Gophers. Copying Southern Cal was a mistake in my mind. I would like to see Goldy on the side of the helmet instead of the M

Love their current uniforms. Hope this does not change. We had some real duds in the 90s.

I agree 100%. Wouldn't mind seeing the gold helmets more and get rid of the white pants permanently.

Love our current ones, except the white. Get rid of the white. This is the Big Ten, let's have some tradition. I loved that it came back with Jerry after Brewster ruined some great uniforms during Mason era, other than the white. Keep the color scheme and quit the rotating. And please, dear god, never do anything like the Wacker era, those were awful.

I think Maryland is the only one with awful uniforms in the conference now. The rest have, for the most part, stuck with traditional looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I love our current uniforms and hope they don't change. I don't mind experimentation with helmets so much but don't touch the current jerseys and pants!!!!

I would prefer GOLD to be the predominant color for the GOLDEN Gophers. Copying Southern Cal was a mistake in my mind. I would like to see Goldy on the side of the helmet instead of the M
I hope your last sentence is a joke. The "M" on the helmet must never be replaced, ever.

The "M" will never go away.

Gotta appeal to the younger generation. Players AND fans. I go to a gopher games and get yelled at to sit down by old dudes. It sucks.

Well, it is nice to be able to watch the game from your seat, and not someone's ass. I love standing on big plays, but not on 1st and 10 from the 20.

No black.
Like the look we have now.
Will cringe if we put oars on the uniform like those that WMU had. Do not want to see any reference to that on our uniforms.
If PJF want an oar as a helmet sticker, that would be ok

The "M" will never go away.

Well, it is nice to be able to watch the game from your seat, and not someone's ass. I love standing on big plays, but not on 1st and 10 from the 20.

I'd like their to be the kind of energy in the stadium where people stand for the whole game.

I agree 100%. Wouldn't mind seeing the gold helmets more and get rid of the white pants permanently.

White pants only with white jerseys. Jerseys and pants should always be the same color.

f34af46acfde0e97bffd28810c1bf1f8.jpg

We need to go back to this logo, back when times were good.

See this is one thing I don't like about Gopher games..it's too much of a pro game atmosphere. If you want to sit and watch a game go watch the Vikings. College games should have people out of their seats and losing their minds.

As far as the jerseys go they should stick to what they have now for the most part. Could do with less of the white and gold combo though.

Gotta appeal to the younger generation. Players AND fans. I go to a gopher games and get yelled at to sit down by old dudes. It sucks.

Agreed but the black fad is dead. It's hokey, cheap and not a traditional color. We're not iwoa

I love the M on the helmet but an alternate would be great. Northwestern has a Wildcat helmet and it is great.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope so. Would love a change from what they've been wearing and an end to wearing the yellow helmets and jerseys.

Get a black version.
Jerseys and pants should always be the same color.
View attachment 4736

We need to go back to this logo, back when times were good.

This is a collection of all the bad ideas so far.

Didn't they have a anthracite one?

Dear Gopher gods, please let anthracite die a short, yet painfully agonizing death! goldy be praised.

I could see us going the oregon route with multiple combos now

#coacheslivesmatter

Maroon helmet, Gold Jersey, Maroon pants are by far my favorite, and I think they've had a decent record with that combo.

This recent era of Gopher FB has had the best uniforms in recent memory, I hope we don't get super crazy with changes. Northwestern has some really ugly ones (black with Medieval Times font is terrible).

Don't mind the unis now and agree they are the best we've had in a while but please get rid of the "Minnesota" as the last names on the back of the gold jerseys. It looks ridiculous and don't tell me it's some "the name of the team is more important than the name of the player" BS.

How about they start a process to make a distinctive helmet design that in time everyone will recognize. Like when you see Michigan's helmet. Let's have a design contest and hopefully come out with an Iconic Elite helmet, that would be cool.

Top Bottom