New era = new uniforms?

Don't mind the unis now and agree they are the best we've had in a while but please get rid of the "Minnesota" as the last names on the back of the gold jerseys. It looks ridiculous and don't tell me it's some "the name of the team is more important than the name of the player" BS.

Obviously you don't coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't mind the unis now and agree they are the best we've had in a while but please get rid of the "Minnesota" as the last names on the back of the gold jerseys. It looks ridiculous and don't tell me it's some "the name of the team is more important than the name of the player" BS.

You must not have seen the movie "Miracle".

Actually did for a few years but nice try. That mindset is absolutely what you preach, it's just stupid on uniforms. I have no idea if that is the reasoning behind why they chose the "Minnesota" on the back but if it is, then shouldn't that thought process apply to all of our uniform combos?

In this era with TV and media the player's name is important imho. I know in the locker room it's all team team team. But from the business side and as a fan when watching it is much more enjoyable when the player's names are on their backs.

You must not have seen the movie "Miracle".

I also knew I would get this response. It's great that you saw the movie and there was that quote but the actual team wore their last names on the back of their jerseys, not "United States of America"

I want them to win. If they win the B1G wearing black with Goldy on their helmets I will be happy with that.

Say it with me: An. Thra. Cite.

Go back to the Mason Era unis. Gold pants always. Solid Maroon jerseys. Clan and classy. Everything since has stunk imo.

Black unis with "Minnesota" on the back. White pants. Brown leather helmets.

Go back to the Mason Era unis. Gold pants always. Solid Maroon jerseys. Clan and classy. Everything since has stunk imo.

Agree....Those were the best. Remember the Oregon people at the Sun Bowl telling us that we had classy uniforms

I've been watching a lot of WMU footage lately and one of the things that caught my attention is that week to week, the team never really stuck with the same helmet/uniform combo.

This isn't just putting the same helmet decals on three different helmets and calling it good, either. By my count, WMU wore 18 different helmet styles in the PJ Fleck era.

It'll be interesting to see if he does the same here. Obviously we have three different helmets to use already, so it makes me wonder if they'll have more helmet decals than just the traditional block M. Or is this one of those traditions that you'd rather not see changed?

We do not have 3. Only 2. Maroon and gold. The Gopher equipment twitter account has confirmed a few times the white helmets were turned into the current gold's.

Count me as someone who is pretty happy with our combos. We have choices but they're pretty tame and traditional.

I think if/when fleck changes them....it's going to be variations and colors galore....imo

Black unis with "Minnesota" on the back. White pants. Brown leather helmets.

Leather helmets would be good - let's have Some Day, UpNorth, and CoMN try them out first in a scrimmage.

I think we should keep our current M/G/M combo but I would bet PJ will change it up. At the end of the day I do not care what they wear if they win !

I actually liked the Brewster/early Kill uni's better than our current ones. The current ones are fine but I've never been absolutely in love with them.

Also if Ohio State, one of the most traditional programs in the country and the most tradition rich program in the Big ten can have black uniforms then we can absolutely have black/anthracite uniforms.

I wouldn't care either way if we got new ones but if they did, I would absolutely hate to see any oars on them.

I like our current uni's very much. However, if they ever decide to scrap the gold helmet I won't shed a tear.
And, when did we copy USC?:confused:

Never even crossed my mind to have Goldy on the helmet, fantastic idea! Goldy=Elite

I would prefer GOLD to be the predominant color for the GOLDEN Gophers. Copying Southern Cal was a mistake in my mind. I would like to see Goldy on the side of the helmet instead of the M

I couldn't disagree with you more....
...I did really like the anthricite unis and hated when Claeys wouldn't have them wear it.....

See this is one thing I don't like about Gopher games..it's too much of a pro game atmosphere. If you want to sit and watch a game go watch the Vikings. College games should have people out of their seats and losing their minds.

Amen. It's my Saturday exercise.

I hope Fleck is not spending a second thinking about our uniforms and his figuring out how to make our team better. Fundamentals and wins, not flash.

How about a sponsor's name across the chest? Maybe Yahoo!?

These are the best Uni's in a LONG time. Please, no changes except lose the white pants. I'd love it if they went with the classic M-M-G at home and M-W-G on the road. I do like the gold helmets...and they could wear them with maybe a special throw-back uniform from the 60s or 70s.

I hope Fleck is not spending a second thinking about our uniforms and his figuring out how to make our team better. Fundamentals and wins, not flash.

Uniforms attract players. Better players can result in more wins.

Leather helmets would be good - let's have Some Day, UpNorth, and CoMN try them out first in a scrimmage.

I'd pay large $$ to see that...

Top Bottom