Rivals rates the recrutding results for new head coaches.

P.J started the latest of all eight rated and still finished ahead of Indiana, Purdue and Cal but behind LSU, Oregon, Texas and Baylor. The last four are, of course, traditional powerhouses in college football.

P.J started the latest of all eight rated and still finished ahead of Indiana, Purdue and Cal but behind LSU, Oregon, Texas and Baylor. The last four are, of course, traditional powerhouses in college football.

I basically agree with your overall point, but you would have to be about an 8 year old with no internet access to consider Baylor a traditional powerhouse.

I basically agree with your overall point, but you would have to be about an 8 year old with no internet access to consider Baylor a traditional powerhouse.

Agreed.........the last decade has allowed Baylor to barely climb over .500 in program winning pct.

Agreed.........the last decade has allowed Baylor to barely climb over .500 in program winning pct.

The last decade is what matters... Despite the title of this forum.

The last decade is what matters... Despite the title of this forum.

I get that. I was just objecting to the label of "traditional powerhouse" when it comes to Baylor.

Cal's recruiting class was tiny. The average ranking is pretty good (quite a bit better than ours). They landed 2 4 star recruits. Wilcox was put behind the 8 ball because the previous regime did a poor job of balancing classes. A 14 member class is way too small.

They are just a shining example of how team rankings aren't really indicative of much.

Oregon is a recent phenomenon too.

Comparing us with Cal. Or Oregon is like comparing a Ford to a Beemer. Both have a ton of money in their recruiting budget, access to 4 or 5 university planes, hundreds of recruitable players within 100 miles, etc. not excuses, just facts. As to Baylor, if we had their admission requirements, we to could be a top 20 class.

LSU and Texas are traditional powerhouses, and Baylor and Oregon are not, but to young kids only 17-18 years old, Baylor and Oregon are absolutely powerhouses, as both have been right up there contending to make the cfb playoff since it started.

Comparing us with Cal. Or Oregon is like comparing a Ford to a Beemer. Both have a ton of money in their recruiting budget, access to 4 or 5 university planes, hundreds of recruitable players within 100 miles, etc. not excuses, just facts. As to Baylor, if we had their admission requirements, we to could be a top 20 class.

Cal? Their budget is actually hurting. Access to players yes. Huge budget? No.

Oregon. Budget? Yes. Access to players? Not all that great. They need to go to California and across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think their success was more Briles mixed with geography.

It's like being UMD or St. Cloud State in hockey. Even if you get the "leftovers", they are still pretty good.

Top Bottom