Updates on 2017 Commits, Washington and Harris

Geez...how many points did he score that game!?!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Baller. Would be awesome if he can step in and make impact next year. Would be awesome to have a Gopher that can go off for those crazy 7/8 3 pt nights. Not since Hoff

Big key to the entire lineup is how much muscle Coffey can add to his frame without slowing down.

Actually, it's not his last game. They essentially have two different championships in New Jersey. Jamir's team just won the championship for their respective group. Now, all of the group winners across the state, will be re-seeded and will play in what they call The Tournament of Champions. It would be like if Minnesota had a 4 team playoff for the teams that won the championship in their respective classes.

Actually, it's not his last game. They essentially have two different championships in New Jersey. Jamir's team just won the championship for their respective group. Now, all of the group winners across the state, will be re-seeded and will play in what they call The Tournament of Champions. It would be like if Minnesota had a 4 team playoff for the teams that won the championship in their respective classes.
b
I meant ....the last game he played.

If you haven't seen Isaiah's senior highlight tape....it is also impressive!
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/768611?referrer_id=1156386

Is it just me and I know these are only highlight tapes,, but do these guys seem criminally underrated nationally? Especially Washington I mean just watching him on tape he reminds me of Trimble with better handle

Is it just me and I know these are only highlight tapes,, but do these guys seem criminally underrated nationally? Especially Washington I mean just watching him on tape he reminds me of Trimble with better handle

Washington is at 64. That is in the entire country. 64 is really damn high. Not sure where people think he should be. Lacks elite size. Watch every top 200 players highlight tape and you'll be impressed.

I'm excited for Jelly and all that comes with him. He looks like a really fun player and a competitor. Doesn't mean he is "criminally underrated" when he is 64 in the nation.

It has to be the fact he's only around 6'1... how about Harris? Seems like size with him too? Iv read he may be one of the 3 best shooters in the country they usually tend to rank those types of guys somewhere in the top 120 130 area..

b
I meant ....the last game he played.

If you haven't seen Isaiah's senior highlight tape....it is also impressive!
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/768611?referrer_id=1156386

Anyone know what Washington's turnover numbers are like? If you look at his PG style vs Mason's, there is quite the contrast. Mason is quick and always very low, the ball is always right in his control.

Washington can change directions so well and can kill you with that crossover, but the ball is all over the place when he is driving. It'll be curious to see how that translates to the active hands at the next level. I'm guessing he can adjust if needed.

It has to be the fact he's only around 6'1... how about Harris? Seems like size with him too? Iv read he may be one of the 3 best shooters in the country they usually tend to rank those types of guys somewhere in the top 120 130 area..

I don't know what Harris is ranked. Dude is a pure shooter. Probably lacks in other areas. I thought he was around 100 though?? Too lazy to check back in this thread.

I don't know what Harris is ranked. Dude is a pure shooter. Probably lacks in other areas. I thought he was around 100 though?? Too lazy to check back in this thread.

He is a 3 star, 245 composite on 247. Notable offers include Alabama, Creighton, Seton Hall, and Stanford. From footage I've seen he has a pretty solid overall game - gets to the rack and finishes when there's space. He'll be a little undersized for his position, hoping his shooting ability offsets any limitations. I think he and Washington will be really nice tandem.

Wow! The kid's game is elite (sorry wrong board). I'm pretty impressed, he can drive, sees the court well, shoot the tre and has a mid range game. Needs more strength to speed up his game but it looks like he is developing the tools and could contribute meaningful minutes his first year. Pitino is doing an impressive job getting guys that can contribute immediately as freshman even as the talent of the team improves.

Recruiting Season

5th: Orturu/ (insert great forward and guard + 1)
4th: Jelly/(Harris?)
3rd: Coffee/Curry
2nd: McBrayer/Murphy
1st: Mason

Wow! The kid's game is elite (sorry wrong board). I'm pretty impressed, he can drive, sees the court well, shoot the tre and has a mid range game. Needs more strength to speed up his game but it looks like he is developing the tools and could contribute meaningful minutes his first year. Pitino is doing an impressive job getting guys that can contribute immediately as freshman even as the talent of the team improves.

Recruiting Season

5th: Orturu/ (insert great forward and guard + 1)
4th: Jelly/(Harris?)
3rd: Coffee/Curry
2nd: McBrayer/Murphy
1st: Mason

Washington is built like a brick $hit house and has plenty of strength to compete from day 1. The biggest issue will be adjusting to a more structured offense and of course facing legitimate, long, defenses.

The bottom line is that Washington can do things other players can't do, including find guys that others don't see. Just when you think he's committed to shooting, he makes the extra pass. He has the knack.

Will be interesting to see how much freedom Pitino gives him to play street-ball. The flashy stuff often = turnovers. Coaches don't like turnovers. On the other hand, those moves get the fans charged up and can energize the team. Should be fun to follow his progress. The pre-season scrimmage might be a nice sneak peak next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom line is that Washington can do things other players can't do, including find guys that others don't see. Just when you think he's committed to shooting, he makes the extra pass. He has the knack.

I have the Knack on 8 track!

It can be tough to penetrate good help defense, which Washington probably hasn't faced much. But a guard that can get by his man without a lot of movement on offense to get defenders leaning can really break a team down.

And that's why even at 62 I think he maybe underrated if he can adjust to college defenses while still keeping that little flair that make him a treat to watch.. we may have the steal of the year.. and even if Harris is only a lights out 3 point shooter that will be big.. but expect pitino will develop him in other areas as well and we may have another steal.. in really excited to have these guys in the twin cities

And that's why even at 62 I think he maybe underrated if he can adjust to college defenses while still keeping that little flair that make him a treat to watch.. we may have the steal of the year.. and even if Harris is only a lights out 3 point shooter that will be big.. but expect pitino will develop him in other areas as well and we may have another steal.. in really excited to have these guys in the twin cities

He might be underrated because of what could possibly happen? You really need to think this stuff through.

COULD he be amazing and break down defenses and average 10 assists per game? Yes. Then he is underrated.

COULD he struggle to adapt his game against better defenses and have trouble getting to the rim? Yes. Then he is overrated.

You seem super hung up on his rating. He is in the top 100. That is remarkable. 64 is really a great ranking. Quit worrying based on a few commenters and videos that he is underrated (as if that matters in any way, shape or form)

Top Bottom