Updates on 2017 Commits, Washington and Harris

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Thats awesome. Could he rise in the final rankings when season is over.. regardless, I think he may be a very special player.. so excited to see him play in the Barn!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Is that all? You would have thought that Rachael would have inspired him to do better! In all seriousness, Wow! Have we ever had a incoming recruit that posted 55 points in a high school game?

Is that all? You would have thought that Rachael would have inspired him to do better! In all seriousness, Wow! Have we ever had a incoming recruit that posted 55 points in a high school game?
Andre Hollins scored 46 vs Finday Prep. Most I can think of.

Dude is looking more like a 5-star all the time. Gophers have a good one.

He said he wanted to come in and be the guy that get's the program to the next level (paraphrasing) - it doesn't appear to be hype. Thrilled he is going to be running the show.

Westbrook scored 57, 52, 52, during the 2004-05 season.

Who won the game?

Glad our recruit has mad skills, but drop 55 and win the game sounds better.

is there any chance we lose him?

Theoretically if we have a coaching change and he asks for out and we grant it.

Anyway nice job by him. Anyone have a link to the box score? I wonder on how many shots it was.

This kid could make an immediate impact next year. I expect him to be deadly in Pitino's pick&roll offense. We haven't had a guard that had the quickness and handle to get by people in quite awhile.

Jamir Harris had 4 3's in Sunday's game. Only had 12 total points.

Jamir Harris had 4 3's in Sunday's game. Only had 12 total points.

Nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can fill the outside shooting void left by Springs next year.

Glad we got Oturo but we are actually losing all three bigs after next year, so we need to add a big to next years class to compliment Harris and Jelly Fam.
Maybe Diedou or Gilbert decide to transfer??

He hunts threes on offense and has a very quick shot to make up for his height.
Nice to hear about this talented kid. Curious though, I got the impression from other posts on this site in the past that between the two recruits Harris was the better shooter? Or am I badly mistaken?

Nice to hear about this talented kid. Curious though, I got the impression from other posts on this site in the past that between the two recruits Harris was the better shooter? Or am I badly mistaken?

You are correct I was commenting on the post about Harris. Washington is much more of a pg from the games I've seen. Ball is in his hands a lot and very good at getting to the rim.

Washington has what mason doesn't do particularly well, finish at the rim - great hand control and touch.

FYI his nickname is 'Dimes', not 'Jelly Fam'. Jelly Fam is their crew

Washington has what mason doesn't do particularly well, finish at the rim - great hand control and touch.

Really? I think that is one of Mason's better traits.. he has made tons of tough layups, many at crucial moments and can finish with both hands. He really has improved in this area. I look forward to both of these guys playing together.

Really? I think that is one of Mason's better traits.. he has made tons of tough layups, many at crucial moments and can finish with both hands. He really has improved in this area. I look forward to both of these guys playing together.

I just look forward to not losing anyone but Springs for next year. Odds are that one of McBrayer, Washington, Fitzgerald, Hurt or Harris fills the hole as a three point threat.

I agree. He is at his best when he drives to the basket. Opens up the rest of his game. During his slump, he wasn't driving at all and not getting to the line. Needs to do that much more.

I think both of our recruits will play big roles next for the Gophers. Harris is going to be a very nice 4 year shooter for us. Washington bring a totally different game then Mason, its going to be a lot of mixing and matching. I think ultimately the lineup next year will end as

Pg- Washington
Sg- Mason
Sf- Coffey
Pf- Fitzgerald
C- Lynch

6th- McBrayer
7- Murphy
8- Curry
9- Harris
10- Konate

That would be one hell of a rotation.

Top Bottom