Let the Seth Green Era Begin!

JTsolo612

Reaction score
Good news on 4 of the players. Shenault, McCreary but most importantly Green and Winfield. Can we have a thread where we ONLY discuss what this means footballwise on the field? No talk about the case, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All four should/could be contributors next season.

Winfield will likely be a starting S. Shenault will definitely battle for a starting spot and McCrary will add nice upperclassmen depth (it should allow us to RS one of the two RBs).

I'm excited about the possibility of Seth Green. If I had to guess, he will be our starting QB next season. I think he'll be pretty similar to M. Gray (which is an upgrade) and I'll hope our new staff can develop QBs better.

Good news on 4 of the players. Shenault, McCreary but most importantly Green and Winfield. Can we have a thread where we ONLY discuss what this means footballwise on the field? No talk about the case, please.

I hope there is a there is a healthy competition for QB and we have a couple of talented options. We are all more than ready for improved play @ this position. Happy for him and the other 3. I was particularly glad that Winfield will be back.

Winfield will likely be a starting S. Shenault will definitely battle for a starting spot and McCrary will add nice upperclassmen depth (it should allow us to RS one of the two RBs).

I'm excited about the possibility of Seth Green. If I had to guess, he will be our starting QB next season. I think he'll be pretty similar to M. Gray (which is an upgrade) and I'll hope our new staff can develop QBs better.

He better be a way better passer than Gray. I always thought they should have left him at WR and stopped with the wildcat and flipping positions. I'm wagering heavily on Green or Morgan as the QB. There is a decent chance mclaurin gets on the field for some gimmicky stuff.

Its gonna be a battle for the starting QB spot. A lot will depend on the style of offense that will be implemented.

The nice thing is that (I hope) Green, Morgan, Croft, McLaurin, and Rhoda will all get a chance to take the reins. If some people can't count, that's FIVE possibilities for our starter. With it only being the off-season, many people could argue that any of these 5 could potentially be the starter next year. Let the competition begin!

The nice thing is that (I hope) Green, Morgan, Croft, McLaurin, and Rhoda will all get a chance to take the reins. If some people can't count, that's FIVE possibilities for our starter. With it only being the off-season, many people could argue that any of these 5 could potentially be the starter next year. Let the competition begin!

I'd imagine it is highly probable Morgan will red shirt, even if his is incrementally better. He'd have to be an absolute superstar.

I wonder if it will be down to four by fall camp. I think there's a chance McLaurin leaves over the summer. Just a gut feeling, though...

So you thought MarQueis was a better QB than Mitch?

I'd be disappointed if Seth or whoever wins the job ended up as a MarQueis. I do think he'll be a similar type of runner but hopefully a much better passer.

So you thought MarQueis was a better QB than Mitch?

I'd be disappointed if Seth or whoever wins the job ended up as a MarQueis. I do think he'll be a similar type of runner but hopefully a much better passer.

MarQueis was better than any WR signed post Brewster. So were AJ Barker and McKnight.

I'm not sure that's a nice thing. But it'll be interesting.

I'll take any wager and give you 5:1 odds that McLaurin never sees the field. Feel sorry for the kid, he obviously isn't the type of QB Fleck wants.

I sure hope where not pinning anyone as starting QB yet!

It seems we will be more of a passing team vs a read option.

I would think is thing is so wide open.

With PJ still be surprised if he doesn't land a senior transfer.

He did - Rhoda!

He did - Rhoda!

Exactly! He will most likely be our starting QB game 1. I would love to see Green get a lot of reps as the season progresses. I would love to see Morgan red shirt. For some reason I forget about Croft. I wonder how he progressed as a red shirt last year.

I'll take any wager and give you 5:1 odds that McLaurin never sees the field. Feel sorry for the kid, he obviously isn't the type of QB Fleck wants.

What type of QB is McLaurin? I thought I remember reading somewhere that he has a very strong arm. I was hoping he was at least good enough to compete for a starting spot.

No one's been anointed yet as the next "savior".

We actually have seven QBs listed:

Tanner Morgan 6-2 175 FR
Mark Williams 6-0 190 RS FR
Demry Croft 6-5 200 JR
Rey Estes 6-0 170 FR
Neil McLaurin 6-2 195 FR
Conor Rhoda 6-3 215 RS SR
Seth Green 6-4 235 RS FR

Ray Estes was recruited as an athlete, an emergency measure perhaps. He'll probably switch positions.

Demry seems to lanky and is still listed as 200 pounds. Does he have trouble gaining weight?

I don't know where Mark Williams will be in the battle for a spot. So does Neil McLaurin. These guys have to wow the coaches, or they too will look at other positions. Maybe transfer?

My favorites going into Spring practice are Tanner, Seth, Demry, and Conor to duke it out. As said previously, unless Tanner lights out outperforms the other QBs he may be redshirting. That leaves the others to battle it out.

Tanner Morgan 6-2 175 FR
Demry Croft 6-5 200 JR
Rey Estes 6-0 170 FR
Neil McLaurin 6-2 195 FR
Seth Green 6-4 235 RS FR

Ray Estes was recruited as an athlete, an emergency measure perhaps. He'll probably switch positions.

Demry seems to lanky and is still listed as 200 pounds. Does he have trouble gaining weight?

I don't know where Mark Williams will be in the battle for a spot. So does Neil McLaurin. These guys have to wow the coaches, or they too will look at other positions. Maybe transfer?

My favorites going into Spring practice are Tanner, Seth, Demry, and Conor to duke it out. As said previously, unless Tanner lights out outperforms the other QBs he may be redshirting. That leaves the others to battle it out.

I am pretty sure Mark Williams is suspended for next season.
Of the six others who would be ranked as the most accurate passer? I am guessing Rhoda or Tanner based on what I have seen of Croft and Green and heard about McLaurin.

I would love to see Green play well, but seeing him play a few times in high school just wasn't impressed. That was his junior year though, so who knows.

The thing that amazes me is how quickly GopherHole turns to the "new guy" and gives up on other players, at all positions. It often takes kids a few years to develop, in all programs. A great example here was David Cobb. Wolitarski is another kid people were ready to throw out after his sophomore, and even junior, year.

People turned on Demry Croft really quick after Jerry threw him to the Wolves when our offensive line was getting destroyed at Northwestern. Ever since, people think he isn't any good. The staff was still really high on him, and to Tracy's credit was determined to get his redshirt back that Jerry mismanaged.

I really hope Demry makes it happen. If not him, Green or McLaurin (McLaurin just because so many don't even give him a chance, based on no knowledge at all). I don't want it to be Morgan for no other reason than he's a true freshman, and too many people looking at him like the savior who just rowed his boat in.

I forgot about William's suspension, and he may be in danger of being cut loose.

How quickly we forgot about Philip Nelson being rushed into action without red shirting due to the larder being so empty and Max Shortell transferring. They should have red-shirted him, but I don't remember what other options there was. We all know what happened. Part of it is the player's maturity.

Yeah, time spend in development is critical and don't know for some it takes them into their fourth and fifth year before they really contribute.

Correct me if I am wrong, we've never had a nationally high rated QB in our stables. Maybe Tanner is that guy. Great if he's lights out better than the others. I still think he red-shirts.

Croft, Green, and Rhoda - between these three someone's bound to have a coming out season or so I hope.

We've got the online and WRs question marks to deal with on offense.

I'd be paying close attention to the upcoming Spring practices.

It is real hard to judge who will be our future based upon the QB play in the past. The Kill/Claeys system had no confidence in the passing game and only passed when the had to. The new system will be more pro passing with an emphasis on developing WR's. Hasn't Croft been the more natural passer? He may surprise us and fit the new system better than the bigger, stronger QB's. How was Rhoda as a passer in high school?

Tanner Morgan 6-2 175 FR
Demry Croft 6-5 200 JR
Rey Estes 6-0 170 FR
Neil McLaurin 6-2 195 FR
Seth Green 6-4 235 RS FR

I'm really surprised that, with the exception of a handful of posters, Croft seems to be disregarded. If I was a betting man (and I am), I would put my chips in on Croft taking the great majority of snaps next season.

The little I saw from Rhoda didn't blow me away. Morgan is a true freshman, and certainly wasn't thought of like Josh Rosen who can march in and be your opening day starter. I have no idea if Green is ready or talented enough. Williams is suspended as of now. I think Estes will change positions. And I can't see why McLaurin would be regarded as better than Croft.

I forgot about William's suspension, and he may be in danger of being cut loose.

How quickly we forgot about Philip Nelson being rushed into action without red shirting due to the larder being so empty and Max Shortell transferring. They should have red-shirted him, but I don't remember what other options there was. We all know what happened. Part of it is the player's maturity.

Yeah, time spend in development is critical and don't know for some it takes them into their fourth and fifth year before they really contribute.

Correct me if I am wrong, we've never had a nationally high rated QB in our stables
. Maybe Tanner is that guy. Great if he's lights out better than the others. I still think he red-shirts.

Croft, Green, and Rhoda - between these three someone's bound to have a coming out season or so I hope.

We've got the online and WRs question marks to deal with on offense.

I'd be paying close attention to the upcoming Spring practices.

MarQueis Gray I believe was a Top 5 rated dual threat QB, I think.

I'll be interested to see how this staff develops some of these guys. I'd like to see Croft make a jump this year. Highly touted QB and all. Interesting that we now have more healthy QB than OL.

Top Bottom