All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

Here's the Minnesota statutory reference for MS 609.341 which outlines the definitions for what constitutes criminal sexual conduct. It appears that use of an object is covered in Subd. 12 regarding sexual penetration.

Link: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.341#stat.609.341.11

Doesn't matter...the EoAA has no jurisdiction according to MN statute...only Title IX and U Code of Conduct so all this is it or isn't it is a complete waste of time. The DA didn't press charges and that is the end of it as far as the real law is concerned. Now the more powerful and less transparent PC police get their pound of fless.

A thousand reported assaults on the U campus and zero prosecutions. Let's start with Bob and due process. Go ahead, Bob. Grace us with your wisdom as an attorney. Maybe start with police procedural failure. Maybe, follow up with how the EEOA is ill suited to be an investigative unit, when the police are so much better at investigating alleged sexual assault, given their track record of zero prosecutions! Maybe police reform is better than U procedures. If we were better at police investigation, then, just maybe, the U would not have to lean on the EEOA so much.

I have searched the web for Kaler speaking about rapists, and the only case I can find is of a completely separate case of a fraternal brother raping a student.

What's your source for the 1000 reports number you keep throwing around? this is right out of the most recent PioPress article interviewing Kaler...

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/1...sault-education-didnt-seem-to-make-the-point/

"According to data released Dec. 2 by the Minnesota Department of Higher Education, there were 294 sexual assaults reported to U system schools — Twin Cities, Crookston, Duluth, Morris and Rochester — in calendar year 2015. Of those, 156 were investigated, resulting in 68 respondents being found responsible."

Doesn't matter...the EoAA has no jurisdiction according to MN statute...only Title IX and U Code of Conduct so all this is it or isn't it is a complete waste of time. The DA didn't press charges and that is the end of it as far as the real law is concerned. Now the more powerful and less transparent PC police get their pound of fless.

I was only posting that in answer to the question about use of an object. It wasn't intended as a comment on the criminal proceedings, which as you say, are immaterial at this point.

Kaler continues to preface his remarks with an assertion that he cannot discuss any situation regarding students due to privacy laws and then he follows that with statements that flatly assert they are guilty of sexual assault or harassment. It's astounding but not surprising.

He and his defenders will claim he never named the ten directly but he continues to make defamatory statements about students that have never been convicted of a crime in conversations that are clearly regarding the ten students. He appears to have indpsider knowledge the rest of us are not aware of.

“I think clearly we need to do both more and different (training), because our student-athletes get an exceptional amount of training around sexual assault and harassment issues, and yet we didn’t seem to make the point,” he said.

It's eerily similar to how fake news sites slander people. They mention some accusation without context, the target's name.... then nothing else leaving the only thing to know is terrible crime + person....

I doubt that is his intent, but if the system results in such things I think it is a pretty terrible system just from the start.

There mere fact that they were suspended didn't. The fact that the team went on strike and turned this into a national story certainly did
Actually, suspending the players and releasing their names before the bowl game without any useful explanation to the team of how the disciplinary process works was really stupid. It is clear Kaler thought of them as serfs, Coyle did not know the process well enough to explain it and neither did TC, an TC did not have JK's leadership skills that could have given Coyle feedback that communicating this way would be a disaster.
I would think the rest of the team had no idea that 5 more guys could even potentially be disciplined over it. That was the issue; the whole thing blew up. So suddenly when 5 guys you know and respect are thrown into the mix, it does smell like a kangaroo court, even if it isn't one. Kaler has been virtually smug and self-righteous about this the entire time.
There is nothing about this entire incident that is not really embarrassing and annoying including the leadership provided by Kaler, Coyle and Claeys. The communication and leadership this group provided the team, school and public is pitiful.
The most irritating part at this point is Kaler, and Claeys both proving they still don't realize how they have screwed up by casting aspersions on each others behavior during the strike. At least Coyle has kept his mouth shut and admitted they could have communicated better.
The First Rule of Holes is "when you are in a hole stop digging!" Neither has apparently heard it.

I get your logic. <b>Just like I am asking people who claim Kaler said rape to find that link. </b>If true, it could make some players very wealthy. I can't find it, and if the due process crowd wants to let facts rule, I think they need to be factual.

By the way, your moniker is really prescient. Congrats.

Actually, a few people answered that request. You just didn't like the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, suspending the players and releasing their names before the bowl game without any useful explanation to the team of how the disciplinary process works was really stupid. It is clear Kaler thought of them as serfs, Coyle did not know the process well enough to explain it and neither did TC, an TC did not have JK's leadership skills that could have given Coyle feedback that communicating this way would be a disaster.
I would think the rest of the team had no idea that 5 more guys could even potentially be disciplined over it. That was the issue; the whole thing blew up. So suddenly when 5 guys you know and respect are thrown into the mix, it does smell like a kangaroo court, even if it isn't one. Kaler has been virtually smug and self-righteous about this the entire time.
There is nothing about this entire incident that is not really embarrassing and annoying including the leadership provided by Kaler, Coyle and Claeys. The communication and leadership this group provided the team, school and public is pitiful.
The most irritating part at this point is Kaler, and Claeys both proving they still don't realize how they have screwed up by casting aspersions on each others behavior during the strike. At least Coyle has kept his mouth shut and admitted they could have communicated better.
The First Rule of Holes is "when you are in a hole stop digging!" Neither has apparently heard it.

Yes this exactly. K&C **** show from the start made this a much bigger and nastier story than it should have been. Goes all the way back to September.

Great post.

Remember that the suspensions, based on the EOAA findings, were announced while Claeys was in San Diego for two days promoting the bowl game (coincidence ?). I believe the players started the boycott before he returned.

Actually, a few people answered that request. You just didn't like the answer.

I am not being argumentative one bit when I say no one, including you, has shown me a quote where he says the word rape, or any derivative.

i didn't like answer, because I didn't get one. Not because I give one hoot about Kaler, who is managing this as badly as possible.

I am not being argumentative one bit when I say no one, including you, has shown me a quote where he says the word rape, or any derivative.

i didn't like answer, because I didn't get one. Not because I give one hoot about Kaler, who is managing this as badly as possible.

What was Kaler implying she was a "victim" of then? I doubt he ever used the word rape, but sometimes things are implied. If someone said "that Spoofin isn't smart" wouldn't that be the same as saying I was dumb?

Oh no the big bad main stream media is manipulating me right? Would you rather them label her the 'accuser'?

Alleged victim would be better, but because no charges have been brought, no one has been arrested, and no convictions have or will occur I would argue she isn't even an alleged victim. The "accuser" is probably most accurate at this point.

What was Kaler implying she was a "victim" of then? I doubt he ever used the word rape, but sometimes things are implied. If someone said "that Spoofin isn't smart" wouldn't that be the same as saying I was dumb?

Correct.

Kaler said she is a victim. To be a victim, someone needed to have wronged you. Follow the logic, this isn't hard.

Exactly. He called her a victim. Victim of what, do you think? He's done it several times. He clearly feels there was not consent for the intercourse and a sexual assault took place. That means forcible intercourse...which is a form of rape. Did you really need those dots connected, or you just being a Richard?

Did he say victim, clearly, without qualifiers? If he did, and you can prove it, I concede your point and will buy you a beer of your choice. with a qualifier like alleged you get a Sprite.

Did he say victim, clearly, without qualifiers? If he did, and you can prove it, I concede your point and will buy you a beer of your choice. with a qualifier like alleged you get a Sprite.

He didn't qualify it. I don't know how to find the interview where he did it, but it was discussed at length on GH and there is a video.

For crying out loud, he said it in a TV interview on KSTP, and the article in the PioPress. The whole article is about how he feels the U needs to do more to educate students on sexual assault because this incident shows him that what is being done, which is spelled out, is not working.

Empty cup. Because I heard it on Gopher Hole is not really any better than I heard these guys raped her, which I have also read.

I have the paper on my hand and the words rape or victim are not there in a Kaler quote

Empty cup. Because I heard it on Gopher Hole is not really any better than I heard these guys raped her, which I have also read.

If directed at me, I didn't say I heard it on GH. I said it was discussed on GH. I also said there is an interview video. I saw it - just not going to search it out for you. You already said if that happened (which it did) you will concede the point. As far as I'm concerned you have conceded the point. I'll get that beer from you next time we go out. Done with this conversation.

If directed at me, I didn't say I heard it on GH. I said it was discussed on GH. I also said there is an interview video. I saw it - just not going to search it out for you. You already said if that happened (which it did) you will concede the point. As far as I'm concerned you have conceded the point. I'll get that beer from you next time we go out. Done with this conversation.

Let's do it like the U did. Let's put together a committee that agrees with Spoofin and let them decide the truth and punishment.... easy as pie!

I have the paper on my hand and the words rape or victim are not there in a Kaler quote

Are you that dense? The whole article is about sexual assault and that because of this incident, he clearly thinks the U needs to do more education. Wow.
It's been spelled out pretty clearly that by calling her a victim, http://kstp.com/sports/interview-un...-kaler-gophers-football-holiday-bowl/4347702/ he is making it clear a rape occurred. So you are just a troll. Thanks for playing.

I'd buy him a beer because he has brilliant comic timing, and I think he'd be good company. And he likes Gopher football.

I am no troll, and you provided what I asked for. You get a beer too. That was really awful.

Are you that dense? The whole article is about sexual assault and that because of this incident, he clearly thinks the U needs to do more education. Wow.
It's been spelled out pretty clearly that by calling her a victim, http://kstp.com/sports/interview-un...-kaler-gophers-football-holiday-bowl/4347702/ he is making it clear a rape occurred. So you are just a troll. Thanks for playing.

The PP article, by the way, has nothing to do with Kaler. It is the agenda of the writer

Top Bottom