All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

Addressing the main post- if you consider the report to be actual "evidence" and truthful- your original statement is wrong, in that she didn't withdraw consent after the act, but sometime during it. That is an important point to make when considering this case, and your using quotes with the word victim is a BS move on your part.

I don't mean to sound like a complete rube when I say this, but you can go so many ways on this incident. There are so many flaws from the initial incident all the way up to the results of the hearing that it is mind blowing.

Most have their minds made up but I struggle with what to think. everybody involved seems to have screwed up in some way, shape or form. That fact just multiplies the confusion for me. No true timeline/knowledge of events has ever really been established. The whole situation is extremely unfortunate at best. I'm glad the punishments doled out seemed to fit the crimes to an everyday joe.

This incident is very likely not over obviously. But, at least for now, the current decision seems justified. That's a lot more than most had expected or hoped for.

The only victim is those of us on the board that have to read the absurd posts of our new friend who is now offended by any critical analysis of the EOAA and the so called victim.

The cheerleaders credibility is so shot that only a Kangaroo Kourt could add any credibility to anything she testified to. Her statements were in conflict time after time. Any advocate for the "victim" can explain her statements on whether she was sober of blacked out drunk at any point.

This "victim" is a liar and has zero credibility.

See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubgs_fxUhUE

Wow, that was a lot of words and BS, and suddenly, "the current decision seems justified". What is that based on? How are there "so many ways" to go on this. The woman is a proven liar and probably has other mental health issues based on what we know now.

The real investigators looked at this twice and found no evidence of any crime. These actions, if proven are all serious felonies, and a bunch of 20 year old "volunteers", trained by the EoAA get to judge the accused.

How does anyone with a brain think this is all OK?

Wow, that was a lot of words and BS, and suddenly, "the current decision seems justified". What is that based on? How are there "so many ways" to go on this. The woman is a proven liar and probably has other mental health issues based on what we know now.

The real investigators looked at this twice and found no evidence of any crime. These actions, if proven are all serious felonies, and a bunch of 20 year old "volunteers", trained by the EoAA get to judge the accused.

It seems justified because I expect people who are legally adults to be reasonably smart and to take responsibility for their actions. Maybe that's just how I raise my kids. To each their own. But I would hope my kids would act like Winfield Jr and stay away or get the hell out of of there as soon as possible. I hope Sr is very proud of his son. He did the right thing and tried to mitigate the damages for the football program. If only we had more elite kids making elite decisions that night......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewEwnliupZ8

How does anyone with a brain not know how to spell the University President's last name at this point?

Wow our new high intellect poster, and former lurker who finally had to break down and register to share his earth shattering ideas, now has a couple of new supporters that are backing up his every tired, paint the numbers post. Lord, help us all.

Look at the real numbers, the campus rape culture is BS and the stats are all based on faulty assumptions. The liberal campus culture is real, and the crazy agenda driving the EOAA is a huge force that needs to be stopped. This insanity all started when Obama validated feminist lead craziness with the October 2011 "Dear Colleague" letter.

To the critic, you are ."......". Hope the quotes offended your sensibilities.

I do not care what you think, the truth is the truth. Did you bother to watch it? There are another 30 very credible videos out there that make similarly strong points.
Some people only look at one link. The EOAA is built on a foundation of sand and mud, and anyone that pays any attention to justice knows it.

OK, here is another link for you. Try Bing or Google, there are a huge number of stories and videos about these abuses of the intent of Title ix out here.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/23/amhersts-response-to-a-rape-lawsuit-is-stunning/

Mr "smash them gophs" or ***********, please try to open the link and actually absorb the content this time. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Amherst College title ix "rape" case.

OK, here is another link for you. Try Bing or Google, there are a huge number of stories and videos about these abuses of the intent of Title ix out here.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/23/amhersts-response-to-a-rape-lawsuit-is-stunning/

Mr "smash them gophs" or ***********, please try to open the link and actually absorb the content this time. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Amherst College title ix "rape" case.

When you start complaining about the abuses and injustice in the criminal court system in America we will start complaining about abuses and injustice in Title IX student code of conduct system. The Title IX system is a model of integrity and justice by comparison with the criminal court system. And that is probably true about the civil court system as well.

You are concerned about maybe a few dozen cases where male college students were mistreated in Title IX sexual abuse cases and many other people are concerned about the many thousands of cases of sexual abuse where there is no justice at all for the victims.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In January 1999, the Chicago Tribune published a five-part series of articles that found, in the paper's own words, "nearly 400 cases where prosecutors obtained homicide convictions by committing the most unforgivable kinds of deception. They hid evidence that could have set defendants free. They allowed witnesses to lie. All in defiance of the law. Prosecutors swear to seek the truth but instead many pursue convictions at any cost. The premium is on winning, not justice."

The series, reported and written by Maurice Possley and Ken Armstrong, documented 381 cases, going back to 1963, in which courts reversed murder convictions because prosecutors presented evidence they apparently knew to be false, or concealed evidence suggesting innocence, or both.

Then, in November 1999, the Tribune published another in-depth series by Armstrong and reporter Steve Mills that examined murder cases in which Illinois prosecutors, mostly in Cook County (Chicago), had charged a defendant with a capital crime and asked for the death penalty. The journalists identified 326 reversals attributed in whole or part to the conduct of the prosecutors.

Read more at: https://www.publicintegrity.org/2003/06/26/5528/short-history-exposing-misconduct

The 2 posts directly above this one are awful.

They are not only awful, they are also extremely ignorant and disgusting. Just think about it for a second. That poster is apparently a graduate of the University of Minnesota. We will just have to tell ourselves that he probably got his degree at a time when just about anyone could get into the U.

Too many legal experts in GH land.

Dr. Don, we need your help.

You are a sad individual. You celebrate this, and bemoan those who have been exonerated. All you wanted was Fleck. You got him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think SDM was happy that a female sexual assault victim at the U has finally received justice after hundreds of reported cases where not pursued in by the criminal justice system.

I'd suggest anyone that wants to pursue the truth about this mess at the UM watch the line to the Ed Bradley story from years ago about the Duke Lacrosse "rape" case.

This was done before the whole case went to hell and DA Mike Difong was disbarred. Ed Bradley makes the exact points in the story that several of us have made throughout this horrible process. These young men have been bent over and violated, and if I were them, I would call someone in North Carolina and hire the Lawyers involved in that case that won almost 50M in settlements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEvKbgNT0zs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEvKbgNT0zs

The Duke lacrosse case is ancient history and not comparable to what happened at the U. This is a much more relevant article about injustice on college campuses these days:

When Campus Rapists Are Repeat Offenders

For several years, researchers have been fiercely debating how many campus rapes are committed by serial offenders. A 2002 study based on surveys of 1,882 college men and published in Violence and Victims, an academic journal, found that as many as 63 percent of those who admitted to behaviors that fit the definition of rape or attempted rape said they had engaged in those behaviors more than once.

But in 2015, a study of 1,642 men at two different colleges was published in JAMA Pediatrics and found that while a larger number of men admitted to behaviors that constituted rape, a smaller percentage of them, closer to 25 percent, were repeat offenders.

The difference could affect how universities approach rape investigations and prevention. For example, repeat cases raise questions of whether universities should be faster to remove students from campus after accusations.

“There are repeat offenders who seek out victims and will do this time and time again with impunity because there is no punishment,” said Annie E. Clark, a co-founder of End Rape on Campus, a nonprofit organization that works to assist those who have been raped and to prevent campus sexual violence. She added, “Whatever the number is, it’s way, way too high.”

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/us/when-campus-rapists-are-repeat-offenders.html

As to your points:

(8) How could you possibly try to shoehorn this into a BLM discussion? I've been one of the biggest opponents of these Title IX offices (from before this entire thing) and I don't think race played a gigantic factor. The problem with the EoAA is hyper-regressive insanity, not racism (IMO).

I think the OP is referencing posters like Mennsota aka Tiny and others that are saying the EOAA was racist or using the dumb #coacheslivesmatter while posting against BLM in the off topic thread.

I think it's great that 4 of the expulsions got upheld, and it's very entertaining to read all the guys on here that whine about it incessantly in thread after thread. The name calling and emotional tantrums are even better.

You really are just the absolute worst. You're a terrible poster and a terrible person.

It is interesting to see someone like Some Day who has no interest interest in the truth, only politcal narratives. What kind of person that must be...must be a real neat individual.

He hates Tracy Claeys so, so much that he doesn't care if innocent people go down, so long as it further justifies the firing in his own pea brain.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Trisuper didn't include the failure to pass the Equal Rights Amendment and the Dred Scott ruling in their argument. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The point that I think you're trying to make is that it is a steep uphill battle to have a university's disciplinary hearings overturned at the federal level and you're 100% right. I hope you realize that does not mean that the players have been given a fair hearing.

This is very well said Bob.

Some Day doesn't care. He got what he wanted because Coyle got rid of the "fat" coach he didn't like and hired his PJ.

The players were upset because they knew not all the players were involved. Some Day didn't care because he could smell Claeys blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should of boycotted for the players they knew weren't involved. I've never called Claeys fat, only you have. Claeys shouldn't of tweeted how proud he was of his players for boycotting until "all 10" of the suspensions were immediately lifted. Claeys also should of has the courage, as a leader, to express his feelings to his boss, which he has admitted more than once he did not. Pretty sick how you and others call Claeys fat and worry about his weight so much.

Too bad not many people will remember this part of the story. If you ask most people about the incident, they'll tell a story about how the team boycotted because their 10 rapist teammates were suspended, not that they were boycotting because 4 of their innocent teammates were suspended and wrongly called rapists.

Maybe the players should of been smart enough to say that when they boycotted. Maybe people would remember it differently if they would have actually said the difference you described as the reason they boycotted. I fell really bad for them that not "all 10" were immediately re-instated. They would have had more support and understanding if they had just stated that they were boycotting the 2nd 5 who were suspended. The ones that people are saying the players "knew" were not involved in the incident. Instead of wanting immediate reinstatement of all 10!

Yes and after that statement, Wolitarsky and other players talked about how they were mainly worried about the players not directly involved with the woman.

5 not 10.

Your turn I guess..

I would say no, no more turns needed since he just quoted Wolitarsky verbatim and you are living in your own I know what they meant even though they specifically said something different world. The way many are describing the EOAA office it looks like you would fit in there perfectly. Ignore the facts and follow your own agenda.

What's your source for the 1000 reports number you keep throwing around? this is right out of the most recent PioPress article interviewing Kaler...

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/1...sault-education-didnt-seem-to-make-the-point/

"According to data released Dec. 2 by the Minnesota Department of Higher Education, there were 294 sexual assaults reported to U system schools — Twin Cities, Crookston, Duluth, Morris and Rochester — in calendar year 2015. Of those, 156 were investigated, resulting in 68 respondents being found responsible."

Sexual assault is a public health and public safety problem with far-reaching implications. Being a victim of sexual assault is one of the most violating experiences anyone can endure and can cause immediate, as well as long-term, physical and mental health consequences. Of rape victims, 25% to 45% suffer from nongenital trauma; 19% to 22% suffer from genital trauma; up to 40% get sexually transmitted diseases (STDs); and 1% to 5% become pregnant, resulting in an estimated 32,000 rape-related pregnancies in the United States annually (Holmes, Resnick, Kirkpatrick, & Best, 1996). Four out of five rape victims subsequently suffer from chronic physical or psychological conditions (Strategies for the Treatment and Prevention of Sexual Assault, 1995), and rape victims are 13 times more likely to attempt suicide than noncrime victims and six times more likely than victims of other crimes (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation, 1992). Overall, rape is believed to carry the highest annual victim cost of any crime. The annual victim costs are $127 billion (excluding child sex abuse cases), followed by assault at $93 billion per year, murder (excluding arson and drunk driving) at $61 billion per year, and child abuse at $56 billion per year (Miller, Cohen, & Wierama, 1996).

National Institute of Justice report on campus rape. I under reported the 1000. The number that get reported to the police does not reflect the actual number. Since so few get prosecuted, women have given up on justice involving rape on campus. Read the report. It is easy to find at the Institutes website.

5 Punishments Upheld, 4 Cleared, 1 Reduced in Gopher Football Player Sexual Misconduc

Should of boycotted for the players they knew weren't involved. I've never called Claeys fat, only you have. Claeys shouldn't of tweeted how proud he was of his players for boycotting until "all 10" of the suspensions were immediately lifted. Claeys also should of has the courage, as a leader, to express his feelings to his boss, which he has admitted more than once he did not. Pretty sick how you and others call Claeys fat and worry about his weight so much.

Great idea. They would have been champions if they would have said they are boycotting for 1/2 the kids while throwing the other half under the bus.

The boycott wasn't for you. It was for people with the ability to think big picture, and realize afterwards what it did accomplish. National attention on this subject was achieved. Sorry dude, you don't get it and frankly are below the target audience of these college kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom