All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

The assumption is that the poster is a man. Poster could be a woman....

Just like from Tin Cup, "A father is driving his son to school when they are involved in a car crash. Both are seriously hurt and need immediate operations. For one reason or another they are taken to seperate hospitals several miles apart. At the hospital where the boy has been taken the doctor enters the surgical theatre and on seeing the boy says "I can't operate on this boy as he is my son". How can this be?

In any event, I do see the poster as either being proactive, or his/her daughter is proactive in terms of sexual assault advocacy and, like Upnorth, enjoys the methods of the EOAA.

As long as the process is fair, I have no issues. Problem being, it's easy to think that the process isn't fair....

I find it laughable how the majority of Gopherholers go on cue to attack the original poster, some even implying that the poster is either Coyle or Kaler (because no one else could have this conclusion).
Others go on to assume that the user name was created today because the OP was probably another poster who "had lost all credibility" already. Yes. That's it. Someone else who felt the same way who's opinions were already dismissed by the herd-like mentality of those with the "popular" opinion of what really happened.

I would guess in no time the OP will be banned for responding to people who comment to the contrary of what his post said for spamming the board.

I "shoe horned" in BLM because race is at the heart of this case according to many who have posted here and the players attorney. He brought up Emmit Till, for God
's sake. My original post wasn't addressed to you alone, or at all. The fact that you don't think race played a role in this matter puts you at odds with most of the people who have been posting here. I seriously doubt that many of those posters care very much about racial injustice apart from how it applies to African-American football players at the University of Minnesota.

It's a good thing you mentioned in your previous post that you have been a 'lurker' for years- otherwise your opinions about GH member's convictions regarding racial justice would appear as ignorant as they actually are. The Gopherhole Community is diverse, obviously opinionated, and falls everywhere on the political spectrum. If you are looking for a fight- go over to the Off-Topic Board. There is plenty of cannon fodder on there to feed even the most fierce Social Justice warrior. This is the Toy department...where occasionally- as in the case of the player suspensions- a toy with sharp edges gets left over here and someone gets hurt. Your opinion that the scope of racial justice doesn't extend beyond the football field for GH members let's everyone pigeonhole you as you have everyone else. If you don't like the 'barbaric' sport of football...move along.

Thanks all for making my day reading this thread. Highly entertaining. This is what GH is all about

You get a unique insight into some of the minds that are out there when you read what the initial poster wrote. He essentially accuses a majority of the posters here for being insensitive to sexual assault because they find fault with an obviously flawed politically motivated process. Then tried to cover his little left tail, by saying at the end that though he is against the side of 10 young black men in this case that is actually evidence of his OPPOSITIONS racism!

It is the sort of argument that I am sure absolutely crushed in the Huffpost comment section and now he is wondering how that logic didn't play well here.

You get a unique insight into some of the minds that are out there when you read what the initial poster wrote. He essentially accuses a majority of the posters here for being insensitive to sexual assault because they find fault with an obviously flawed politically motivated process. Then tried to cover his little left tail, by saying at the end that though he is against the side of 10 young black men in this case that is actually evidence of his OPPOSITIONS racism!

It is the sort of argument that I am sure absolutely crushed in the Huffpost comment section and now he is wondering how that logic didn't play well here.

The whole "if you're not supporting what I support you're X" is pretty common across ALL politics these days... part of the problem. Nobody owns that skill exclusively sadly.

After visiting and just reading GopherHole for several years, I decided to register in order to make comments because of the posts of those active here regarding the ten suspended Gopher football players. Several things really bother me about what has been written about the subject:
1. First of all, I cannot think of a setting more poorly positioned for rational discussion of the very complex issues involved in these matters. The forum allows for anyone to say anything regardless of facts and laws, known or unknown. For example, if someone were to read the EEOC report carefully, one could easily see exactly each one of the ten individuals was and what was reported about their behavior. A. Winfield, for example, was a "hero" in this situation because he gave testimony that revealed several other players had lied about not being in the apartment and about not having harassed the female cheerleader by shouting remarks and blinking the lights while she was having sex.
2. Only four of the players were said to have engaged in sexual assault as defined by the student handbook. The instigator of the situation, Djam, was not found guilty of sexual assault but was kicked out of the university because he sent videos of himself and the recruit having sex with the cheerleader to his friends without her permission. Djam also enabled the recruit to be involved in the matter.
3. Four of the remaining five players were found to have engaged in sexual harassment of the cheerleader, mostly based on Winfield's testimony. The fifth was found guilty of lying to the EEOC investigators.
4. The state of Minnesota has laws governing sexual assault and the University of Minnesota has policies regarding sexual assault. The laws and policies are different, as are the procedures used to enforce them. Both approaches can fail miserably--see the Baylor University situation--but they only way to remedy errors is to work to change the systems. My daughter, a graduate of the U of M law school, has worked to get hundreds of thousands of untested rape kits tested all over the country. Many, many jurisdictions collect rape kits obtained in hospitals and never have the results tested. Is that justice?
5. We can argue constitutional issues regarding this case until we are blue in the face but only one body--the federal judiciary and, ultimately, the U.S. Supreme Court--can determine whether laws, policies and/or procedures are unconstitutional or not. To the best of my knowledge, very few cases calling activities under EEOC governing bodies have been determined by federal judges to be remotely unconstitutional.
6. Several weeks ago, an attorney who actively opposes EEOC matters wrote an op-ed for the Washington Post regarding the U of M situation. He said the facts of the case were terrible for advocates of EEOC reform. But what would he know? He isn't a Gopher football fan nor does he post at Gopherhole.
7. The attorney that represents nine of the players CONFIRMED in a recent radio interview that he was the one who released the report to the press. The great Tyrone Carter released the name of the cheerleader and later apologized for having done so. The damage was already done. And I wonder where Carter got the female's name?
8. How many who post here support the Black Lives Matter movement? I'm guessing very few. If a person wants to fight against injustice based on race, you might focus more on the issues BLM addresses than those within the U of M.

The first two sentences of #1 does not just apply to this forum, it applies to politicians, entertainers, and yes BLM.

If you take that seriously, I don't know what to tell you.

Of course not, but it goes to show how hard people try to discount other people's reasonable opinions which were based on the OP's life experience and network of information.

Evidently, since it runs contrary to what the masses on here believe, it most be someone so motivated by a specific result, it is Coyle or Kaler who could only be the people to believe such things.

But if you get outside Gopherhole, you'd realize most people are more aligned with Coyle and Kaler's position on this. I guess that's the entire point in a box.

Of course not, but it goes to show how hard people try to discount other people's reasonable opinions which were based on the OP's life experience and network of information.

Evidently, since it runs contrary to what the masses on here believe, it most be someone so motivated by a specific result, it is Coyle or Kaler who could only be the people to believe such things.

But if you get outside Gopherhole, you'd realize most people are more aligned with Coyle and Kaler's position on this. I guess that's the entire point in a box.

Naw man i'm pretty sure it was a joke.... not serious.

Looking good until the BLM recommendation. BLM is a racist, crackpot organization that will not face the Chicago gangs (or any gangs) that are shooting and killing thousands of black folks yearly, yet BLM becomes hysterical if a white cop shoots a black man resisting arrest (not that all of these are justified, but there is no comparison in numbers to gang killings). As to the larger issue, the lack of due process in campus sex charges has been a national issue for years, books and articles in prominent newspapers and magazines have been published about it, and the issue is not going away.

I "shoe horned" in BLM because race is at the heart of this case according to many who have posted here and the players attorney. He brought up Emmit Till, for God
's sake. My original post wasn't addressed to you alone, or at all. The fact that you don't think race played a role in this matter puts you at odds with most of the people who have been posting here. I seriously doubt that many of those posters care very much about racial injustice apart from how it applies to African-American football players at the University of Minnesota.

No no no. We are all well aware of the victim pecking order. Women are the victims here, so the fact that a white woman is accusing black men is disregarded. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the order is:

1) Transgender
2) Women
3) Muslims
4) Racial minorities (excluding Asians)
5) White men

God bless you for having the audacity to proclaim this a terrible place to discuss this case, and then throw out a bunch of unsubstantiated information with authority. You're the best.

No no no. We are all well aware of the victim pecking order. Women are the victims here, so the fact that a white woman is accusing black men is disregarded. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the order is:

1) Transgender
2) Women
3) Muslims
4) Racial minorities (excluding Asians)
5) White men

God bless you for having the audacity to proclaim this a terrible place to discuss this case, and then throw out a bunch of unsubstantiated information with authority. You're the best.

The hierarchy of rage generally includes jock culture, football players, and football, in that order.

's sake. My original post wasn't addressed to you alone, or at all. The fact that you don't think race played a role in this matter puts you at odds with most of the people who are mentally competent, and have lived in Minnesota or America and are over the age of 18. ...

There. Fixed it for you.

no millionaires and billionaires? corps?

It's a long list, and I have limited time. Obviously, any lower ranked item of rage is superseded by any higher ranked item of rage. Therefore civil rights of men, even black men, are superseded by the rage over the rampant sexual assault of helpless females and the ends justify the means, amirite? Let's end this thing! President Obama even said it was 1 in 4 so it must be true. This is true even amongst former civil rights activists.

In Trump's America all information is unsubstantiated.

I would say that this is true, but I have also noticed that on Gopherhole, every piece of information, evidence, and hearsay is discussed in depth. Most of the people I have talked to that have followed this casually have very few of the facts or understanding of the process. When I describe the process to people they usually are anywhere from surprised to shocked. There is just an assumption that any process the U would have in place is fair and in lockstep with traditional ideas of Due Process. And that is plainly not the case.

I find it laughable how the majority of Gopherholers go on cue to attack the original poster, some even implying that the poster is either Coyle or Kaler (because no one else could have this conclusion).
Others go on to assume that the user name was created today because the OP was probably another poster who "had lost all credibility" already. Yes. That's it. Someone else who felt the same way who's opinions were already dismissed by the herd-like mentality of those with the "popular" opinion of what really happened.

I would guess in no time the OP will be banned for responding to people who comment to the contrary of what his post said for spamming the board.

It would be nice if you were banned.

You read the post and thought it was good all the way to the last section? Gees...

I guess you don't think the OP is good because it doesn't toe the official GopherHole line that none of the Gopher football players did anything wrong and none of them told any lies in order to remain on the team and keep their scholarships. The EOAA report and anyone who believes it is credible has been pretty much dismissed out of hand by the Gopher fanboys. Apparently, you need to be included in that group.

I can't speak for all the stupid people, but at least can for myself. The references to the recruit being there have more been made in regard to it being poor judgement, maybe players shouldn't host recruits (especially after 10PM), who is overseeing the process, not in relation to the EOAA. I'm not a lawyer, but common sense tells me the recruit shouldn't have been there. Maybe we can chalk it up to dumb (non-elite) logic.

I should have worded what I said better. I meant that the recruit issue was a red herring in terms of how Title IX offices treat allegations of sexual assault. It does matter for our situation and I agree that it is a real issue. However, when in a discussion about how the EoAA office has investigated this matter. That's why the recruit situation makes our particular case a bad one to attack the EoAA because it is a bad situation and it makes it harder for people to focus on the sexual assault allegations

As a side issue, I agree that the recruit matters. As to how the Title IX offices investigate sexual assaults, it's a red herring.

I guess you don't think the OP is good because it doesn't toe the official GopherHole line that none of the Gopher football players did anything wrong and none of them told any lies in order to remain on the team and keep their scholarships. The EOAA report and anyone who believes it is credible has been pretty much dismissed out of hand by the Gopher fanboys. Apparently, you need to be included in that group.

Nope. Nice effort to troll though. ;)

Why can't you just have intellectual conversation about the issues?

The OP didn't get laughed and mocked because people disagreed with him, he got mocked and laughed at because of the nature of his posting.

First, he said this is an awful place to talk about the situation, then he went on to log on, create an account here and put out 8 bulletpoints about the subject. You don't think that's weird?

Next, he implied that if people disagreed with the EoAA and they don't adhere to BLM, they are essentially playing the race card for this particular case. That's quite the statement, don't you think?

I asked him a couple of substantive questions because he seemed to want a dialogue, he essentially skipped them to start yapping about BLM.

I realize that you're not capable of having a substantive discussion on the issues of the case, but don't confuse that with people rejecting any attempt at a real discussion. But go ahead, attack me, imply that it is just the Gopherhole hivemind, or maybe make an ACTUAL point.

Lets be clear. Not a single post on this forum will sway a person one way or another at this point in time with this subject unless new information comes out that essentially equates to a player(s) involved admitting guilt or the accuser stating that the whole thing was consensual. Not to trash the OP, but you are wasting your time if you think otherwise.

Top Bottom