All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

Great article Pat! Like most of has said all along school made huge mistake and lumping these all together for sexual assault which was completely false and most new this.

And for the football players sake thank goodness he recorded it otherwise 5 guys are probably in jail.

This will also get Kaler fired as well in April

If Djam had not taken and SENT the video (illegally, at that, because it was without the cheerleaders permission or even knowledge) Bufford would not have gone to "see what was up" from his apartment in South Minneapolis, miles away from the scene. When Bufford met Hardin on the way to the same destination, Hardin confirmed with him that he and Johnson were there for the same reason Bufford was--Djam's video.
You can read all of this in the EoAA's "flawed" report.
Djam's video cleared Djam alone of sexual assault. Why he has not been criminally prosecuted for sending the video, I'll never know. If Vandy thinks Djam is the hero in all of this, he is as mistaken as Reusse about the overall situation.

The only messages sent that night regarding the accuser:

• At 3:17am, A2 sent a message referring to RS that stated, "Me and the recruit
finna double team this bitch.'' ("Finna'' generally means "going to.")
• At 3:25am, A2 sent another message stating, "Lol we forreal going brazy lol."
("Brazy" generally means "crazy.,)
• A2 later messaged, "I took good videos."
• Finally, at 4:17am, A2 messaged, "Damn A10 • all 3 them n****s hitting rn."
("Hitting" generally means "having sex with."

This appears to explain why no charges were filed regarding sending the video, apparently because the 90 second video wasn't sent.

The Police Case Report stated that the 90-second video was found in two different formats on
A2 phone. This could indicate that A2 took the video in one format and sent it to
others in another format. A2 attomey reported that a forensic expert investigated
A2 phone and concluded that A2 had not sent the video to others with his phone.
EOAA requested access to this expe1t or this expert's analysis, but did not receive it.

Bob Loblaw requested that I make responses of substance. That is what I've tried to do. The fact that people disagree with me is understandable. The accusation that I am trying to hijack this thread is false.
You had five posts in a row in this thread and seven out of eight. Weird.

Does Reusse's article say that the players charged with sexual assault plus Djam were unfairly treated? They appealed the report's findings and a panel of the players' peers agreed with the report and not the players. Due process was followed and these players are not banished from the U.
Bob wrote recently that the EoAA at the U of M is unconstitutional. I disagree. The U did what most Universities would have done and Baylor sure wishes it had done. A female student filed a complaint with the EoAA and that office came down on ten players. The PROCESS allowed for appeals and a panel of the students' peers found four of the ten shouldn't be punished. Justice was served for them--just as it is in our deeply, deeply flawed criminal justice system when wrongfully convicted individuals are exonerated. But justice was also served when the rest of the players were found guilty of violating behavior codes found within the student handbook.
Disagreeing with Reusse hardly makes me a sick individual. He talks out of both sides of his mouth all of the time. That's why he is hated here.

It cannot be any more obvious "trisuper" = UpNorth. Just admit it, man. This is embarrassing.

All ten Minnesota football players have the right to sue the U of M in civil court. This is as it should be. Few will sue and fewer will win.

I've been named by intrepid posters here as being Coyle, Kahler, Fleck and--now--UpNorth. And Pompous Elitist says I have a "martyr" complex. Go figure.
I've been a Gopher fan since 1957, despite living in hostile states like Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa. I've followed GopherHole since Jerry Kill first went to Minnesota. Gopher fans are among the most negative I've ever experienced and the sportswriters in the Twin Cities are awful beyond belief. But once a Gopher fan, always a Gopher fan. That's what may dad taught me and that's what I've always believed.
I don't believe (like Baylor fans) that the world revolves around Gopher athletics, however. I loved Clem Haskins and his teams. That's why it broke my heart when it was revealed that he had helped to facilitate and shelter one of the worst sports scandals in NCAA history. The U of M football players who have now been permanently suspended from the U have harmed the reputation of Minnesota Gopher football. I, for one, am glad they are gone. I hope Djam joins them in never being a member of the football team again.

Claeys got gas piped for this whole debacle but as harsh as it sounds i do believe the Gophers came out ahead with Fleck now on board as HC with Winfield back on the team to boot. Tough luck for Tracy. Hewitt has not escaped her fate yet, the long arm of the lawyers will yank her back to Minneapolis for several visits yet; she will now find out how her previously unanswerable nonsense will be answered by well paid attorneys. Kaler and his dipsh*t AD are not out of it yet either, hurrah. All in all the recruiting is up, Winfield is back, Fleck has a very high ceiling and everyone is rowing the damn boat. God bless America!

Not saying it's good that some men got their names 'dragged through the mud' but I don't believe this will affect them in the future in the pursuit of truth. In a couple years, this will be forgotten. When they are applying for jobs in the next handful of years, this story will be largely forgotten. If it is for a large corporate job, they will probably be vetted by a conservative, white male who would be largely sympathetic to their 'strife.' Their race will be a larger hindrance to their employment than their participation in this incident. If these guys were not athletes at a public university, I feel like there would be a lot less sympathy for their struggle.

Very Naive. This label will first prevent them from being accepted at other schools (document cases) which will hurt their job options. Next, those job opportunities that do come up will find this incident with a simple background check / google search and move on to a "lower risk" candidate. Their lives have been changed for the much worse already. If for rape - good. If for a consensual gang bang - not good. Rape is a legal term, laws and the constitution should protect you from being labeled with that conclusion w/o due process within the US legal system. I don't see a way in America it should happen without those rights. It did here and some seem OK with that for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been named by intrepid posters here as being Coyle, Kahler, Fleck and--now--UpNorth. And Pompous Elitist says I have a "martyr" complex. Go figure.
I've been a Gopher fan since 1957, despite living in hostile states like Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa. I've followed GopherHole since Jerry Kill first went to Minnesota. Gopher fans are among the most negative I've ever experienced and the sportswriters in the Twin Cities are awful beyond belief. But once a Gopher fan, always a Gopher fan. That's what may dad taught me and that's what I've always believed.
I don't believe (like Baylor fans) that the world revolves around Gopher athletics, however. I loved Clem Haskins and his teams. That's why it broke my heart when it was revealed that he had helped to facilitate and shelter one of the worst sports scandals in NCAA history. The U of M football players who have now been permanently suspended from the U have harmed the reputation of Minnesota Gopher football. I, for one, am glad they are gone. I hope Djam joins them in never being a member of the football team again.

Why on earth would you bring up Baylor? This board supported the suspensions when it first came down. Look at how the U handled the allegations. They suspended the players. They didn't shelter them from the police. Bringing up Baylor fans in this passive-aggressive way is false and insulting. If Tracy Claeys and the U of MN did half of things that Baylor did, I would stop being a Gopher fan. . . permanently. So please, don't bring up Baylor. It is an atrocious example.

As far as you wanting the players suspended, we all get it. We all understand the kind of person you are. You want blood. We've always known you wanted blood for what happened and your last sentence proves it. You want Djam to be expelled for having consensual sex in a way that makes you feel icky. His encounter was consensual (according to everyone involved). Why would you want him kicked out of school? He didn't make this icky thing public.

The reputation by the U was tarnished because of the EoAA office. Awful things happen on campuses all over the world. If she was sexually assaulted, I hope she gets justice. However, the EoAA and ignorant despots like you have stripped this inquiry from searching for the truth.

In this puritanical Title IX land where men are supposed to wear white collars and women wear long dresses below the knees or "habits", there is chance of misconstruing "loose culture" for "rape culture".

You do know don't you that you are supposed to mind your Ps and Qs when you are going to college, and you have to keep the door opened at all times? If you decide to go against the Title IX mandates and go all the way, you must get a written consent before you fornicate.

On the other side of the coin, universities have not done enough for women victims of rape. I read someplace where there are many rape kits that were left unprocessed or analyzed.

It sounds like it is still very difficult for women to come out and report actual rape. The process make it difficult and intimidating for a speedy resolution.

Many of us with sons and daughters, we want protection both ways for sons and daughters. We want to protect against rape and against false or unsubstantiated accusations.

Ms. Hewitt probably need to leave a packed bag at all times.

She may have to make a few trips back when the lawsuits come.

Is she personally liable now, or is she still under the liability insurance of the U of M?

The Dragon Lady gets out of Dodge .She probably didn't even pack a bag.

Patrick really this the nail on the head with this column. I read through the comments section and there were some great responses. I noticed one very silly follow up post that one commented that the attorney for the players must have been involved in a plot to make sure all ten were judged together to make sure the "prosecution" looked bad. That sounds a about as preposterous as some of the drivel posted in recent hours by our three "new" posters at Gopherhole.

One of the comments on the Ruesse column made a reference to the fair investigation conducted by one Kim Jong Hewitt. I think this should stick.

Stop claiming that this panel was made up of peers, which suggests is was an objective group, selected in a reasonably random way from the student population.

This panel came from a far different pool, a self selected group that volunteered to be part of this, which suggests some fort of possible bias, that to make it much worse, indoctrinated by Kim Jong Hewitt and her wide eyed extemists, through some sort of PC training.

Why on earth would you bring up Baylor? This board supported the suspensions when it first came down. Look at how the U handled the allegations. They suspended the players. They didn't shelter them from the police. Bringing up Baylor fans in this passive-aggressive way is false and insulting. If Tracy Claeys and the U of MN did half of things that Baylor did, I would stop being a Gopher fan. . . permanently. So please, don't bring up Baylor. It is an atrocious example.

As far as you wanting the players suspended, we all get it. We all understand the kind of person you are. You want blood. We've always known you wanted blood for what happened and your last sentence proves it. You want Djam to be expelled for having consensual sex in a way that makes you feel icky. His encounter was consensual (according to everyone involved). Why would you want him kicked out of school? He didn't make this icky thing public.

The reputation by the U was tarnished because of the EoAA office. Awful things happen on campuses all over the world. If she was sexually assaulted, I hope she gets justice. However, the EoAA and ignorant despots like you have stripped this inquiry from searching for the truth.

Wrong again, Loplaw. I hope your record in court is better that it is in GopherHole.

I think the reference for the moderators might have been about pot stirring and twopresence of at least two people (maybe three) almost certainly current posters, pretending to be new to board (or starting use dormant identities again), under alternative identities.

Regardless this story will go on in the media for months as the biased Provost renders her appeal decision, and the lawsuits start, so it will be very hard to just agree to disagree as new news bubbles up daily. I expect more abusive, corrupt, biased, and dishonest action by the EOAA will continue to be exposed, leading to mere comments and debate.

Much of the public view of this situation was based on the false narrative created by the EOAA, Kaler and Coyle, and the averaged outraged person had almost no understanding of the tyranny of the EOAA. I hope any person in the public with any interest in Gopher Sports will ready the Patrick Reusse column, since it lays out the case that was largely hidden from the casual observer until now.

Hewitt sneaking out of town will bring more attention to this as well. I think is was really a classic Friday afternoon dump to try to divert attention from this case, when the results came out at the last possible moment. I was checking media sites all day at work and suspected this would happen.

I think the reference for the moderators might have been about pot stirring and twopresence of at least two people (maybe three) almost certainly current posters, pretending to be new to board (or starting use dormant identities again), under alternative identities.

Regardless this story will go on in the media for months as the biased Provost renders her appeal decision, and the lawsuits start, so it will be very hard to just agree to disagree as new news bubbles up daily. I expect more abusive, corrupt, biased, and dishonest action by the EOAA will continue to be exposed, leading to mere comments and debate.

Much of the public view of this situation was based on the false narrative created by the EOAA, Kaler and Coyle, and the averaged outraged person had almost no understanding of the tyranny of the EOAA. I hope any person in the public with any interest in Gopher Sports will ready the Patrick Reusse column, since it lays out the case that was largely hidden from the casual observer until now.

Hewitt sneaking out of town will bring more attention to this as well. I think is was really a classic Friday afternoon dump to try to divert attention from this case, when the results came out at the last possible moment. I was checking media sites all day at work and suspected this would happen.

All good observations.

There are not hero's here. There are just people. Again, if video evidence had not been available, shedding considerable doubt on the accusers implications that the entire event was a non consensual or in other words a "gang rape", this whole thing would likely have turned out much worse ... from a criminal standpoint. And if you do not believe this, even to a degree, I cannot reason with you.
+1

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey, remember when you judged the players before you had any kind of report to read?

Remember how Bob accurately described your authoritarianism based on your post that the mods deleted this morning?

Remember when you were banned for posting disgusting lies on this topic?

We all do. Maybe you and your alter egos you created here should leave on your own volition this time. You will get banned again at this rate, so you might as well go now.

The fact that he ignores these issues and continues to spew his propaganda speaks to his character as a person and credibility on any topic he posts here.

Most are upset by players suspended who had no involvement. The players actually involved, lock them up.

I've seen some suggest 10-20 players had sex with the girl. Which of course is b.s.

looks like upnorth has been banned! nice work mods!

Should of boycotted for the players they knew weren't involved. I've never called Claeys fat, only you have. Claeys shouldn't of tweeted how proud he was of his players for boycotting until "all 10" of the suspensions were immediately lifted. Claeys also should of has the courage, as a leader, to express his feelings to his boss, which he has admitted more than once he did not. Pretty sick how you and others call Claeys fat and worry about his weight so much.

You are a sad person. Did you actually go to the U? I really hope not.

Most are upset by players suspended who had no involvement. The players actually involved, lock them up.

I've seen some suggest 10-20 players had sex with the girl. Which of course is b.s.

You suggest that the players actually involved, "lock them up"??? For what?? Did the cops find them to have committed a crime?

I'm serious, I'm asking, I don't know, but you seem to think you do know, so I'm asking you.

You have an odd glee about this whole situation. To paraphrase the great Ben Franklin, "It's better that 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer." There were innocent people suffering in this whole messy business. Or have you forgotten that? Or perhaps it doesn't matter to you?

He just wanted Claeys fired, no matter who else's lives were destroyed. He's a sad individual.

You suggest that the players actually involved, "lock them up"??? For what?? Did the cops find them to have committed a crime?

I'm serious, I'm asking, I don't know, but you seem to think you do know, so I'm asking you.
Ill rephrase. Id have no problem with players locked up if they raped her. I believe the event started as consensual, but she wanted it to stop. If expulsion holds up i won't lose sleep.

Happy vindication on those who weren't in room.

Wow, the Super Bowl was one of best and seemed to have killed all commentary, along with the moderator action.

I'll be the first to post.

I really hope to see Ray Buford, K. Hardin, Dior and Tamron Johnson back next year.

I held up hope that the Regents would show some balls and fix this, then I heard Dean Johnson speak (again) and lost all hope. Claeys is gone and PJF is here.

The underlying issue is still here.

If there is new news on this topic feel free to start a new thread so those that aren't reading each page can quickly see the new news, but ongoing discussion on existing topics we ask to keep it in this thread. We had one poster start 7 new threads on this same topic in last 24 hours, essentially each time the poster had a new thought there was a new thread. We consolidated the threads.

Top Bottom