All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

In the legal system, appeals are double-jeopardy. The prosecution CANNOT appeal a not guilty verdict. They can appeal things like pre-trial motions, sentencing, etc.

But you're right, this isn't the legal system.

When are the lawsuits coming..this is ridiculous and what are the statues of limitation on a suit, can players file a few years down the road after their time is up at the U? Are they waiting so it does not impact relations at this point? I feel like the only way to fix this going forward is to shine a national spotlight on the what a farce this has become.

I'm glad you are fine with this sham. I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is what it is, I don't get too worked up about it. The whole situation was easily avoided to begin with, the players made their bed (so to speak) and now are subject to the process that they all agreed to when they joined the U.

When are the lawsuits coming..this is ridiculous and what are the statues of limitation on a suit, can players file a few years down the road after their time is up at the U? Are they waiting so it does not impact relations at this point? I feel like the only way to fix this going forward is to shine a national spotlight on the what a farce this has become.
Appeals probably won't come until the U's system has been exhausted of options. One step at a time.

the players made their bed (so to speak)

Not really. If Winfield's story is to be believed, the extent of his involvement was to get the recruit out of there. And if true, he "made his bed" by trying to do the right thing? And he deserves to get his face and name splashed all over major-market newspapers repeatedly, and to be drug through an extrajudicial farcical process multiple times?

It is what it is, I don't get too worked up about it. The whole situation was easily avoided to begin with, the players made their bed (so to speak) and now are subject to the process that they all agreed to when they joined the U.

Considering some feel they didn't do anything wrong / were later cleared, and presumably the lawsuit would be about the fairness of the process... that comment makes no sense at all.

Not really. If Winfield's story is to be believed, the extent of his involvement was to get the recruit out of there. And if true, he "made his bed" by trying to do the right thing? And he deserves to get his face and name splashed all over major-market newspapers repeatedly, and to be drug through an extrajudicial farcical process multiple times?

He didn't go to jail so no harm was done. ;)

It seems odd that she can appeal. She made the complaint. The case is the University vs the accused players.

Seems fishy that she's going after the only kid who's dad is loaded...

Seems fishy that she's going after the only kid who's dad is loaded...

That doesn't make much sense... the appeal to the university doesn't get her anything.

They agreed not to sue each other with the removal of the restrainning order I belive.

That doesn't make much sense... the appeal to the university doesn't get her anything.

They agreed not to sue each other with the removal of the restrainning order I belive.

The result of her complaint =AW suspended....Makes sense to me..

She is a Gopher cheerleader who's mother is a Badger grad. The accuser had a couple recent tweets which appeared to be anti Reggie Lynch and to celebrate the Badgers win over the Gopher basketball team at Madison. I wonder about her motives.

She is a Gopher cheerleader who's mother is a Badger grad. The accuser had a couple recent tweets which appeared to be anti Reggie Lynch and to celebrate the Badgers win over the Gopher basketball team at Madison. I wonder about her motives.

This certainly would be taking rivalries to a whole new level....Auburn & Alabama poisoning trees has nothing on this.

A lot of pro-rape comments on here today.

If Winfield's story is to be believed
Well there's the big caveat. Who knows what really happened... nobody on this site that's for sure. This is partly the reason they are allowed several appeals.

As for having his name splashed all over the papers, he is a high profile athlete at a major university in the most popular sport when you're associated/connected with something like this you will have your name in the news. Exactly why athletes need to approach their social lives differently than your normal college student.

what a delightfully cavalier attitude. Good for you.
You can only control your own life, can't control what a 20 year old does or how a University applies punishment to that 20 year old's actions. The football team will still exist, players come and go. I cheer for the program/institution on Saturdays (or Thursdays... or Fridays:p), not for any one player. I don't see the point in being so emotionally effected by stuff like this.

You can only control your own life, can't control what a 20 year old does or how a University applies punishment to that 20 year old's actions. The football team will still exist, players come and go. I cheer for the program/institution on Saturdays (or Thursdays... or Fridays:p), not for any one player. I don't see the point in being so emotionally effected by stuff like this.

Injustices are squashed because people care and take action to make them stop. What if everyone looked at slavery in 1860 and said, "It is what it is, I don't get too worked up about it." How would you feel if several people witnessed someone murdering someone very close to you and they all said, "I can only control my own life, can't control what that person did or how the justice system applies punishment to their actions. The world will still exist, people come and go. I don't see the point in being so emotionally effected [sic] by stuff like this."

Injustices are squashed because people care and take action to make them stop. What if everyone looked at slavery in 1860 and said, "It is what it is, I don't get too worked up about it." How would you feel if several people witnessed someone murdering someone very close to you and they all said, "I can only control my own life, can't control what that person did or how the justice system applies punishment to their actions. The world will still exist, people come and go. I don't see the point in being so emotionally effected [sic] by stuff like this."
+1

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Considering some feel they didn't do anything wrong / were later cleared, and presumably the lawsuit would be about the fairness of the process... that comment makes no sense at all.

No, we don't know what happened. The only thing that we can argue for is a fair system, a fair process, etc.

The people who still defend this process baffle me.

Well there's the big caveat. Who knows what really happened... nobody on this site that's for sure. <b>This is partly the reason they are allowed several appeals.</b>

In case they keep getting it wrong?

This is sickening. I'm ashamed to be affiliated with the U if this is how they treat their students. No criminal justice action, winfield was found to not have done anything wrong, but yet she can appeal because why? And he's not allowed to practice because why? The PC police "it's assult if there's no affirmative consent" nonsense needs to stop. I don't care if it's a black football player, or Indian IT student, what winfield has had to endure is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, we don't know what happened. The only thing that we can argue for is a fair system, a fair process, etc.

The people who still defend this process baffle me.

The process seems like amateur hour... with a dash of people who care about the topic too much to the point they shouldn't be involved going on. And it seems like that at universities everywhere... not gud.

Are you sure it's her? Her tweets around the time of the alleged incidents do not reflect that anything noteworthy happened.

Also, whether it's her or not, how crazy/F'd up is it that a Gopher cheerleader has a twitter feed full of RT's about Wisconsin football and basketball victories, winning the axe, TJ Watt being great, etc.? How the H*** do they let her on the Gopher cheer squad????

Are you sure it's her? Her tweets around the time of the alleged incidents do not reflect that anything noteworthy happened.

Also, whether it's her or not, how crazy/F'd up is it that a Gopher cheerleader has a twitter feed full of RT's about Wisconsin football and basketball victories, winning the axe, TJ Watt being great, etc.? How the H*** do they let her on the Gopher cheer squad????

It is interesting this type of connection, makes you wonder why attend here? Obviously wants to look good in mom's eyes? You think mom is advising and pulling the strings? Also does this explain why it sounded like when you read the EOAA report that some of her colleagues/teammates certainly didn't speak well of her?

In case they keep getting it wrong?

Yeah, it's an absurd argument. The unfortunate truth of the matter, with all of these types of things, we never fully know what happened. We won't know after the appeal. We'll never know. That's how the world works. That's why the process is so important.

Top Bottom