All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

You mean that Williams will be back on the team once his one year suspension has been completed?

I mean it is likely to be overturned with the appeal to the provost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Reusse's article say that the players charged with sexual assault plus Djam were unfairly treated? They appealed the report's findings and a panel of the players' peers agreed with the report and not the players. Due process was followed and these players are not banished from the U.
Bob wrote recently that the EoAA at the U of M is unconstitutional. I disagree. The U did what most Universities would have done and Baylor sure wishes it had done. A female student filed a complaint with the EoAA and that office came down on ten players. The PROCESS allowed for appeals and a panel of the students' peers found four of the ten shouldn't be punished. Justice was served for them--just as it is in our deeply, deeply flawed criminal justice system when wrongfully convicted individuals are exonerated. But justice was also served when the rest of the players were found guilty of violating behavior codes found within the student handbook.
Disagreeing with Reusse hardly makes me a sick individual. He talks out of both sides of his mouth all of the time. That's why he is hated here.

To answer your question, no, that is not what Reusse wrote. Read the article before you make a bunch of crazy assertions and disagree with it. You are either dense or stubborn to still try to say a process that had 50% of its rulings overturned was fair and just. I think it's just simply being stubborn.

Thanks for cleaning up the threads Mods, much appreciated. Good to see UpNorth banned as well.

Just an handy link here.

There is a common argument that because the school's mini justice system doesn't provide for X, Y, Z that means the participants shouldn't expect it or some similar argument, but it seems clear that outside courts have chosen to intervene in a number of cases in citing things like "due process" or outright fairness issues:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...against-colleges-punished-them-sexual-assault

What did UpNorth do? Did he cross the line or was he just too "devoted" to his point of view? If the latter, there are a number of others who could be banned.

Out of curiosity, how does one tell who has been banned?

Does anyone know when the final appeal is for the four football players facing expulsion?

Are they allowed to attend classes in the interim?

What did UpNorth do? Did he cross the line or was he just too "devoted" to his point of view? If the latter, there are a number of others who could be banned.

If your opinion is contrary to the majority of Gopherholers, you can post it once. If you continue to post regarding the topic, you will get banned.

I got banned for suggesting Claeys was going to get fired a day or two prior to his firing.

The reason was I posted too often I guess that it really could happen by responding to people who suggested I was wrong.

Out of curiosity, how does one tell who has been banned?

It will say "banned" under their moniker. Just remember that it doesn't mean that ALL their monikers are banned. Or that you when you are having an argument with 2-3 people, they may really be one person. ;)

If your opinion is contrary to the majority of Gopherholers, you can post it once. If you continue to post regarding the topic, you will get banned.

I got banned for suggesting Claeys was going to get fired a day or two prior to his firing.

The reason was I posted too often I guess that it really could happen by responding to people who suggested I was wrong.

2-3 times then gets you banned?

Good one!!! :drink:

I'll probably get banned from the basketball forum for not changing my opinion that Pitino needs to go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll probably get banned from the basketball forum for not changing my opinion that Pitino needs to go.

Hell, Gopherhole would be down to 20-30 monikers. At the most!

Since UpNorth was banned does he get due process to get reinstated?
Just to be clear, privately run bulletin boards are dictatorships, your participation is solely at the discretion of the moderators. UpNorth, was getting to be a distraction and a major PITA (in my opinion), getting banned isn't surprising. Being reinstated is again solely at the discretion of the moderators.

His last post was something along the lines of

"Half of gopherholers would sell their sisters into bondage just for a few TD's against Wisconsin"

"Half of gopherholers would sell their sisters into bondage just for a few TD's against Wisconsin"

Or that those that didn't agree with him were both apes and right wing white nationalists.

I know, I was confused too.

And that's obviously untrue.... my sister is worth more than that... TDs we get, wins is what we need.

Curious how the new hearing info that she confirmed sex was consensual with several players will play into any of the Provost appeals, if at all. Guessing panel thought the ones still receiving discipline were in violation of other Codes.

I don't know if you will get banned, or even if you deserve to get banned, and I'm not, at this point, hoping you get banned either. But I will admit that you are probably getting on a lot of people's nerves. But I've always been someone who feels its good to have a variety of opinions given representation in a healthy discussion.

But he is finally learning to be a P5 coach. After giving him this time to learn the job, you think it best to fire him?

But he is finally learning to be a P5 coach. After giving him this time to learn the job, you think it best to fire him?
That is still up for debate.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Curious how the new hearing info that she confirmed sex was consensual with several players will play into any of the Provost appeals, if at all. Guessing panel thought the ones still receiving discipline were in violation of other Codes.

You keep pushing this admission. From your other posts you heard this so called admission from Lee Hutton on Doogie's podcast.

Quite the stretch on what Hutton actually said about the woman's admission to the consensual sex.

You keep pushing this admission. From your other posts you heard this so called admission from Lee Hutton on Doogie's podcast.

Quite the stretch on what Hutton actually said about the woman's admission to the consensual sex.

What is this about? Did the girl testify that the sex was consensual? I don't want to hear people guessing, but what actually happened.

What is this about? Did the girl testify that the sex was consensual? I don't want to hear people guessing, but what actually happened.

It's about what Hutton said on the podcast. The woman had already admitted the first two were consensual. Hutton reaffirmed that admission. Nothing else.

Per ESPN:

Lawyer for Minnesota players says lawsuits being discussed

MINNEAPOLIS -- An attorney representing a group of Minnesota football players says several are still considering bringing a federal lawsuit for what he says was a lack of due process during a Title IX investigation into allegations of sexual assault.

Ryan Pacyga, who represented Antoine Winfield Jr. during the proceedings and has since been brought on by Lee Hutton to help with representation of the other nine players involved, said Saturday that "everything is on the table."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...gophers-players-says-lawsuits-being-discussed

Per ESPN:

Lawyer for Minnesota players says lawsuits being discussed

MINNEAPOLIS -- An attorney representing a group of Minnesota football players says several are still considering bringing a federal lawsuit for what he says was a lack of due process during a Title IX investigation into allegations of sexual assault.

Ryan Pacyga, who represented Antoine Winfield Jr. during the proceedings and has since been brought on by Lee Hutton to help with representation of the other nine players involved, said Saturday that "everything is on the table."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...gophers-players-says-lawsuits-being-discussed

They've been talking lawsuits for a while. We'll see where they actually go. This might not be worth the cost for everyone.

They've been talking lawsuits for a while. We'll see where they actually go. This might not be worth the cost for everyone.
They need to exhaust their appeals process at the U. Appealing to the Provost, is the last step before going to the courts, they have 5 days from last Friday to appeal. I don't know if they count calendar days or business days but the clock is ticking.

Top Bottom