All Things EOAA, Investigation, Suspension, Overturned Etc. Thread: UPDATED 1 Thread

Kaler is not in charge of external media, who came to their own conclusions. And, what is he to do? Admonish the media? Or, maybe he could just say that they "were not rapists." Now, that would have "cleared" up everything and given nobody justice. And, as for "stepping in", wow, that really would not be necessary given that a whole department handles this work and seem to be running as required for their mission. And, since that mission is not broken, it does not require fixing. Now, that is a fresh perspective.

You really are able to live with tunnel vision, avoiding all alternate points of view. You must be a joy to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thousand reported assaults on the U campus and zero prosecutions. Let's start with Bob and due process. Go ahead, Bob. Grace us with your wisdom as an attorney. Maybe start with police procedural failure. Maybe, follow up with how the EEOA is ill suited to be an investigative unit, when the police are so much better at investigating alleged sexual assault, given their track record of zero prosecutions! Maybe police reform is better than U procedures. If we were better at police investigation, then, just maybe, the U would not have to lean on the EEOA so much.

I have searched the web for Kaler speaking about rapists, and the only case I can find is of a completely separate case of a fraternal brother raping a student.

A thousand assaults reported to the campus, not the police. So it's not like the U has a more effective process of investigation than the police. One has to wonder how many pages are in the reports of those thousand other instances. Or did this case get extra effort because it was FB players?

A thousand assaults reported to the campus, not the police. So it's not like the U has a more effective process of investigation than the police. One has to wonder how many pages are in the reports of those thousand other instances. Or did this case get extra effort because it was FB players?

Dean's world is only black and white. For everything. It's Dean's shtick.

[h=4]Here is process from U website...check out the expected timeline and compare to actual timeline...curious timing.
WHAT IS TITLE IX
?[/h]Title IX is a federal (national) law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex/gender in any federally funded schools or activities. Title IX violations include:

• Sexual harassment
  • Stalking
  • Sexual assault (includes rape)
  • Relationship violence
[h=4]UNIVERSITY RESPONSIBILITY[/h]The University of Minnesota is committed to the safety, dignity, and respect of all of its students, staff, faculty, volunteers and visitors. The University prohibits all forms of sex or gender based discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence (Title IX violations). The University provides comprehensive support and maintains multiple reporting mechanisms for all members of the community. The following explains the process used at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities for individuals who report and for those who are accused of Title IX violations.
[h=4]PROCESS[/h]• Anyone can report Title IX violations committed by a University student. These violations should be reported to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA], for investigation. University of Minnesota employees in the University of Minnesota Police Department, The Aurora Center (TAC), the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (OSCAI), or Housing and Residential Life (HRL) will refer students to EOAA to submit a report.
• A trained EOAA staff person will thoroughly investigate the report. The investigator will first interview the reporting party to gather as much information as possible about the incident. The investigator will also interview relevant witnesses including those provided by the reporting party, before contacting the accused student. The EOAA office will notify the accused student writing about the complaint, available resources and to schedule an interview to discuss the alleged violations.
• The EOAA investigator will interview the accused student and any witnesses identified by the accused student. It might also be necessary to meet with the reporting party a second time to ask any additional questions that arose during the investigation process.
• EOAA will also collect information such as copies of text messages, email correspondence, VM recordings, medical reports, video recordings from surveillance cameras when available, and any other relevant evidence.
• EOAA will explain the process to both parties.
• After all the interviews are completed, EOAA will prepare a report in which they analyze the facts and determine whether or not the accused student is responsible for violating the UMN Board of Regents Student Conduct Code based on the preponderance of evidence. (This means that based upon the information gathered during the investigation it is more likely than not that the policy was or was not violated.) EOAA will then forward the investigation report to OSCAI.
• OSCAI sends an email to the reporting party and the accused student informing them of the outcome of the investigation. The email will include a determination as to whether the student conduct code was violated, and a proposed informal resolution. In this letter, OSCAI notifies both the reporting party and the accused student of their right to have the case heard before a formal hearing panel consisting of faculty, staff and students if either of the parties are dissatisfied with the outcome The letter will also indicate that either party can request a copy of the investigation report The parties have five days to request a formal hearing. (If either party requests a meeting with OSCAI to discuss the informal resolution, the time to request a formal hearing will be extended to 5 days from the date of the meeting.
• Both parties can choose to have an advocate, and or an attorney/advisor and may request one extension to the deadline of no more than 10 days.)
[h=4]HEARING[/h]If either party requests a formal hearing, the matter will be forwarded to the Campus Committee on Student Behavior. (CCSB) A panel of faculty, staff and students will hear testimony and review evidence from both parties. The panel will then determine if the accused student is or is not responsible, and if responsible determine the appropriate sanction.
[h=4]APPEAL[/h]Upon conclusion of the formal hearing, if either party is dissatisfied with the decision of the CCSB, they may file an appeal with the appellate officer according to the Administrative Procedure - Student Conduct Code Procedures: Twin Cities.
[h=4]ADVOCATES[/h]Both the reporting party and the accused student are allowed to choose a lawyer, family member, or advocate to appear with them throughout the disciplinary process. One advocate is allowed to speak on behalf of the student. (Reporting parties are allowed to have a “Victim Advocate” also attend the hearing.)
[h=4]TIMELINE OF THE PROCESS[/h]An EOAA investigation can generally take from one to five weeks depending on the availability of the witnesses. Once the investigation is completed, OSCAI sends letters to both the accused student and the reporting party within 1-2 business days of receiving the outcome, and the accused student and the reporting party (if a University of Minnesota student) have five days to inform OSCAI if they do not accept the outcome and want the case heard before the Campus Committee on Student Behavior (CCSB). The CCSB will convene a hearing within 30 days of notification.
REV MARCH15

The suggested timeline of the EOAA office doesn't fit how this all went down.
Also, I understand how the original 5 were accused, part of the investigation and were recommended for expulsion, but how did the other 5 get put into the investigation? If they were witnesses, then how can they be recommended for disciplinary action?

Also, I understand how the original 5 were accused, part of the investigation and were recommended for expulsion, but how did the other 5 get put into the investigation? If they were witnesses, then how can they be recommended for disciplinary action?

And thus we had a boycott.....

My guess is the EOAA investigators did not believe what they said as witnesses. With the very low preponderance threshold, the EOAA determined that to be lying, and thus disciplined them.

So there are not other forms of sexual assault? Only rape?

there are, but since we know actual intercourse took place, yes, this means rape. Unless you think she was ok with the intercourse, but took issue with being grabbed or something?

there are, but since we know actual intercourse took place, yes, this means rape. Unless you think she was ok with the intercourse, but took issue with being grabbed or something?

Hey...stop making sense and using facts!

My guess is the EOAA investigators did not believe what they said as witnesses. With the very low preponderance threshold, the EOAA determined that to be lying, and thus disciplined them.

Why would you guess what they are being accused of? You don't even have to read the whole 80 page report, the summaries of allegations of Student Conduct Code for all 12 men investigated are in Section XIII of the EOAA report.

There certainly is perverse result when a school says a sexual assault occurred, presents a list of names of specific people associated with it at various levels / some proposed punishments.... but they can't say anything because of privacy....

Call it what it is...a modern day social lynching of young black men.

They will all be allowed to play. It will give the team a better opportunity to win, so the Admin will look better with their decision. The bottom line, Coyle did not want Tracy Claeys to be the face of the program, he did not look like he wanted. Now he has a puppet that praises him every time he speaks.

Why would you guess what they are being accused of? You don't even have to read the whole 80 page report, the summaries of allegations of Student Conduct Code for all 12 men investigated are in Section XIII of the EOAA report.

Sub. 3 is falsification and Sub. 19 is a catch all, thus my comment. Again, the preponderance burden is very low. They basically have to think it is more likely that not that you lied. Very low standard.

The suspended players will do exactly what their legal team advises. There is big money at stake.

Check the definition, there's still a difference between the two.

Wow, another thread filled with false assumptions by a bunch of Neanderthals! Go ahead and believe what you want and don't let the facts get in your way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google the definition of sexual assault. Forcible sexual intercourse and rape are still two different things.

Are we really going to continue this inane conversation...does it really fvcking matter? No charges will be filed so it is none of those legal terms. It is whatever the U wants to call it regarding the student code of conduct but it isn't anything in legal terms other than over.

i would also like the link to Kaler's rape comment, Bob, as well as a link to your thrice cited claim you have been accused of being pro-rape. I would happy if you could do either. Likewise, I would enjoy you acknowledging that you are engaging in hyperbole.

I am now going to cook some popcorn in rapeseed oil.

The University's compliance with Title IX is not some private party, arbitrary process, with loose covenants and great ambiguity. There exists a very defined contract of what consent is viewed as by the University. It is published. It is accessible. And, it has been in the media. The issue is crystal clear. From the University's perspective, consent was not obtained by each of these students as defined by the consent rules of the University. If you consent to attend the U, with their rules, then not abiding with them is grounds to be expelled. The U does not have to use rape or sex as the reason to expel the players. Simply not following the consent rules is sufficient. And, right now, after all the investigation and by the players own words, figure it out.
Consent will be a central issue for the students.

Dean, you have to understand that the University President said the guys were rapists. We have a person on the internet who is an attorney who says so. Stop talking. Honestly you make a fool of your self. Internet moniker attorney has facts, you only have feelings. If I were you, I would delete my account, and just enjoy Breaking Bad on demand. Saul, now there is an attorney.

Is it open to the public?
Bahahahahahahahah.

Dean, you have to understand that the University President said the guys were rapists. Stop talking. Honestly you make a fool of your self. attorney has facts, you only have feelings. If I were you, I would delete my account, and just enjoy Breaking Bad on demand. Saul, now there is an attorney.
FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom