Antoine Winfield cleared of any wrong doing!!

The home visit by PJ Fleck must have significantly smooth over the Winfields that now Jr is all-in.

Where does Winfield go to get his reputation back? Mark Coyle and the President need to hold a press conference absolving him, appologizing to him, and asking that he forgives them for the public shaming.

Where does Winfield go to get his reputation back? Mark Coyle and the President need to hold a press conference absolving him, appologizing to him, and asking that he forgives them for the public shaming.

That would be the right thing to do, however Coyle and kaler screwed up this process at every chance so i'm assuming they will screw this up too.

Doing the right thing is what the University should be all about.

That would be the right thing to do, however Coyle and kaler screwed up this process at every chance so i'm assuming they will screw this up too.

You guys looking for a forecast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite the contrary. We are going to need Winfield in September. It just proves one of my main points that the U was following their student disciplinary process and the players weren't going to be railroaded through a kangaroo court. I am expecting an apology from every GopherHoler who ripped me since the EOAA report came out.

You think the fact that some of them got their suspensions overturned that makes the process fair?

Keep in mind, the vast majority of people who are railroaded by this kangaroo court, are not athletes. Their cases are not under the media spotlight and vast majority of them (all of them that I saw years ago) simply transfer out at the EoAA stage. They are forced out of school with the scarlet letter attached to them because of that kind of organization.

Kaler - Yeah, I don't think he had a choice but to uphold the punishments until the appeals process. He did have a choice to not give an interview and imply the accused were rapists.

Lastly, if this hearing was ran like a real hearing. . . the outcome could have been different. They still should not have pulled the "jury" from that group. They should have allowed the videotapes. The players should have been allowed to have their own hearings. That is true for these players. It's true for the next group that goes through this process and it was true for the groups that went through this process before. It is an AWFUL way to conduct a hearing.

Yes, Kaler would have suspended the players pending the outcome of the hearings. He has the right to that in the Student Code of Conduct disciplinary procedures. Most schools give their president that right. I have posted those procedures at least 10 times but very few GopherHolers read them. It is all there. You just have to google it.

True, Legal Beagle. However, Shouldn't the President of a huge university have the good sense to have his ducks in a row before 10 of his student athletes show up on the front page of the Strib with SEXUAL ASSAULT plastered next to them?

Seems a rather large detail that his EOAA investigation had huge holes? Not large enough to garner the attention of our smug President.

If I'm Winfield, I wouldn't want to play in front of any cowards like UpNorth or Some Day who now pretend to cheer for you on Saturdays.

Now that we have an idea of who we have for 2017 and who we don't have. Someone should put together a new defensive backfield 2 deep position chart.

Winfield and Shenault will start.

The 4 players who were absolved have a great position in the Hutton due process suit. There should be some damages assessed to Coyle, Kaler, and the EEOC Directoress. It should be personally assessed.

The boycott worked!

The 4 players who were absolved have a great position in the Hutton due process suit. There should be some damages assessed to Coyle, Kaler, and the EEOC Directoress. It should be personally assessed.

Amen.

Dude, I seriously can't read one of your posts without cracking up at your avatar. You're my hero!

Yeah, I made the avatar in paint right before Fleck was announced officially as the new HC.

None of the players who were absolved will win a lawsuit for damages. They received due process from the U despite the predictions of most posters in GopherHole.

The boycott worked!

The boycott did nothing. The U followed their written disciplinary process to the letter. They didn't change anything because of the boycott. The players were always going to receive due process.

The boycott did nothing. The U followed their written disciplinary process to the letter. They didn't change anything because of the boycott. The players were always going to receive due process.

I don't know if anyone can say the boycott worked or didn't work. It did raise notice to issues with the investigation. I disagree so much with anyone who thinks this was 100% fair and balanced from the beginning I can't even debate with them.

The EOAA investigation did cost some kids a trip with their team, a chance to play in a college bowl game, and have a lifetime of memories for no reason. This was proved yesterday.

None of the players who were absolved will win a lawsuit for damages. They received due process from the U despite the predictions of most posters in GopherHole.

Here we go again, if anyone is cleared that automatically means they got due process. Your ability to comprehend what happened here is atrocious.
BTW - still waiting for you to answer my question about your bias from the start and how it fits with your currently stated quest for truth and fairness. I wonder why you won't?

You don't understand Due Process. It is required every step along the way.

For example, let's say cops illegally arrest someone (they didn't have PC) but charges are never filed. That person's due process protections were violated and could certainly win a damages case (these are completely outside of the scope of the process, it would be a civil lawsuit).

I hate to keep bringing this up, but Steven Avery on Making a Murderer had his conviction overturned (the first one) and he received a huge settlement.

You don't receive "due process" because they finally got it correct on appeal.

Simply put, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I get that you're obsessed with this whole thing and you wanted these men to fry because it made you feel icky, but there are a lot of much more compelling arguments you could be making than this one you're clinging to.

It shined a light on this system and that's a 100% win!!!

Yeah, lets just overlook the fact that they had their names dragged thru the mud.

And they weren't allowed to go to the bowl game.

Impossible to know isn't it? I've heard enough winks and nods that some suspensions would be overturned to think that there was some pressure being applied to this body from above.

There is defamation and the stigma that will linger with their names long after they graduate. That interesting read about the Duke Lacrosse team case.

Impossible to know isn't it? I've heard enough winks and nods that some suspensions would be overturned to think that there was some pressure being applied to this body from above.

Are you saying that making Minnesota Elite might have weighed on these decisions.

Top Bottom