Oklahoma St OL coach Tyler Moore went to play for..

KGF

Reaction score
isn't returning. Ooops.

Well maybe Tyler can fight someone about it on twitter.

Never understand why kids are so quick to transfer?

Moore announced his departure before the hiring of Fleck. My guess is that his criticisms of Fleck are just him trying to rationalizing his choice...that and he's still a kid. He'll be fine.

He also left the team before it was announced there would be two former National OL coaches of the year on the staff. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfectly fine with Moore choosing to transfer, and wish him the best. He is a talented kid and wish he would have chosen to stay, but he didn't. We (and him) need to move on.

Hopefully Ok St moves him to guard. Two bad snaps a game are hard to recover from.

Add in a holding or two, a false start, forgotten snap counts, etc. I think a parting of the ways, was a positive for both parties involved, imo.

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes: "Did you hear that Jesse Ventura moved to Iowa? The average IQ of both states went up!"

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes: "Did you hear that Jesse Ventura moved to Iowa? The average IQ of both states went up!"

I'll give him credit for one of my favorite calls of a penalty by a referee in quite some time, can't quite remember what home game it was, but the ref announced, "False start...everyone on the offensive line but the center."

I'll give him credit for one of my favorite calls of a penalty by a referee in quite some time, can't quite remember what home game it was, but the ref announced, "False start...everyone on the offensive line but the center."

It would have been funnier had it not been an ongoing issue :(

Add in a holding or two, a false start, forgotten snap counts, etc. I think a parting of the ways, was a positive for both parties involved, imo.

Moore was a very solid player and our line won't be as good next year than it otherwise would have been if he stayed (not saying it won't be good). I don't know how you figure his departure is a positive for us. I'm sure Callahan and Wariner would much prefer he'd be our starting center next year as opposed to whoever it will be now.

Moore was a very solid player and our line won't be as good next year than it otherwise would have been if he stayed (not saying it won't be good). I don't know how you figure his departure is a positive for us. I'm sure Callahan and Wariner would much prefer he'd be our starting center next year as opposed to whoever it will be now.

Agreed

Too many dumb mistakes at critical times, not just is a game here or there but throughout the season, is what led me to my opinion. Again, in my opinion I feel that we can do better even with someone different at that position. And by the looks of the depth charts that have been thrown around, it isn't gonna be some true freshman, but someone whose got some game experience already, whether its Mayes or Weyler or whomever. Losing Pirsig i feel hurts more the Moore. And if he doesn't want to be here then it so be it. Thanks for the effort, good luck at OSU, next man up, let's do better. And I think if we can stay healthy there is no reason that our OL can't be better. They will have spent more time together, they will be healthy (I hope) by the start of the season, and they have now got two recent Div I OL coaches of the year on staff.

We don't know that.

Now the transfer makes a little more sense

Yeah, if I was to guess, it was something to do with not getting along with Miller/Johnson/Claeys or maybe even teammates.

It was a really poorly kept secret that he was going to be transferring (before any of the coaching stuff), he didn't play in the bowl game, and it didn't seem to have anything to do with grades or injury.

That makes his shot at Fleck even stranger. . .he was going to leave before Fleck was here.

We don't know that.

We don't know what?

We don't know that our line won't be better without Moore than it otherwise would be with Moore?

Sure, we don't know that as absolute fact but if you lose a transfer that was a two year starter at the position and good enough to play and start as a true freshman and sophomore and was penciled in to be a third year starter then I'd think it's safe to say his replacement will likely be at least somewhat of a downgrade than if he were to start next year. He may be by a lot or maybe by a minimal amount but at least somewhat of a downgrade nonetheless. And if the replacement is a downgrade to what Moore would have given us at the center position spot next year then logically, the line won't be as good as it otherwise would have been if Moore were still here.

How many times did Moore snap the ball over Mitch's head against Oregon St. this year? Or was it that he skipped them to him? Either way, it was like 3+ times. That was fun

How many times did Moore snap the ball over Mitch's head against Oregon St. this year? Or was it that he skipped them to him? Either way, it was like 3+ times. That was fun
Maybe as important, the center snap needs to be consistently on target. Excessively high snaps or off target can mess up the timing of the play, especially for zone reads or jet sweeps. Mitch was pretty adept at pulling down frequent, high hard snaps without interrupting the play.

He was the MVP for the Beavs.

Top Bottom