Damning texts between ex-Baylor coach Briles, other officials revealed

When a female student-athlete reported that a football player had brandished a gun at her, the court paperwork said, Briles texted an assistant coach: "what a fool -- she reporting to authorities."

In another case, a masseuse asked the team to discipline a player who reportedly exposed himself and asked for favors during a massage, the document said Briles' first response was, "What kind of discipline... She a stripper?"

It's bad....

Knew he didn't just drop his lawsuit out of the blue...

Ken Star has been proven to be a liar as well.

Yeah this whole situation looks really bad for Baylor. Very clear there was a culture setup where players felt they could basically do anything with little to no fear of any fear of getting in trouble.

This stuff couldn't happen there. Baylor is a strict Baptist University. :rolleyes:

I will say this though....while this Baylor situation is extreme, I would bet if you dug into it you would find lots of schools where they make every effort they can to keep things from getting reported to the authorities. Sad reality with football is that a lot of these kids come from rough backgrounds and are not exactly fine upstanding young men. That said, what went on at Baylor seems to go way above and beyond what should be acceptable.

I have a feeling based on all the things that went on with Winston during his time at FSU that if you did a similar probe there you would find tons of things being covered up by the team and authorities.

My favorite:

On September 20, 2013, after a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill a non-athlete, a football operations staff official tried to talk the victim out of pressing criminal charges. Meanwhile, Coach Briles texted Athletics Director Ian McCaw: “Just talked to [the player] – he said Waco PD was there – said they were going to keep it quiet – Wasn’t a set up deal... I'll get shill (Shillinglaw) to ck on Sibley (local attorney Jonathan Sibley).” Athletics Director Ian McCaw replied: “That would be great if they kept it quiet!"

Goes to show that you can't pull this crap off without complicity from local law enforcement and DA.

I'm not sure how they got any players to commit to play football for that program this year. Don't they follow the news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death penalty

#coacheslivesmatter

I'm not sure how they got any players to commit to play football for that program this year. Don't they follow the news?

Wonder if Rhule is having second thoughts. Talk about a recruiting homerun...he did it. Was down to one commit and ended up with a class ranked 10-20 spots higher than the previous two years.

Do they care?

If we're talking about informed decisions, I doubt many recruiting decisions are that.

ART BRILES DROPS LIBEL LAWSUIT AGAINST BAYLOR - Bleacher Report

Now that seems timely. :cool:

Former Baylor Bears head coach Art Briles dropped a libel lawsuit against his former employer Wednesday after he alleged members of the school's board of regents made claims that damaged his reputation.

According to KWTX's Julie Hays and Mikel Lauber, Briles initially filed the suit in December and said "false information and defamatory statements" threatened to prevent him from getting hired again in a head coaching capacity.

Briles filed the lawsuit after members of Baylor's board of regents told the Wall Street Journal's Brad Reagan he did not report an alleged sexual assault by members of the football team.

According to Reagan, the regents disclosed that Briles "knew about an alleged incident and didn't alert police, the school's judicial-affairs staff or the Title IX office in charge of coordinating the school's response to sexual violence."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Briles and Starr are proving to be evil men. How Starr has kept a job in incomprehensible.

Briles and Starr are proving to be evil men. How Starr has kept a job in incomprehensible.

He left his last position at Baylor in Aug. of 2016. It was stated as mutual.

But, but, but . . . Starr contended that Briles was a good Christian man being hounded by PC feminazis. All of this can't be true. (Please note: SARCASM).

I think it can now be made official that Briles will never get another college job

I think it can now be made official that Briles will never get another college job

For sure. Might find it hard to get any job. What has come out just shows he has an enormous ego, and is pretty stupid, thinking he could successfully sue the school.

Didn't his son land somewhere?

Good- thanks for the update. Hope he enjoys meeting Satan.

In the words of many a GHer, "He gone"

For sure. Might find it hard to get any job. What has come out just shows he has an enormous ego, and is pretty stupid, thinking he could successfully sue the school.

Didn't his son land somewhere?

Yea, his kid landed at FAU as OC for Kiffin.

Do they care?

If we're talking about informed decisions, I doubt many recruiting decisions are that.

I don't think they really do. To a 18 year this already ancient history. There is good and bad to short attention spans of a millennial.

I don't think they really do. To a 18 year this already ancient history. There is good and bad to short attention spans of a millennial.

And for many recruits it might be, as bad as it is, "good" news. They're looking to get early playing time.

Top Bottom