2016 National attendance drops: Mizzou #1 in P5, Minnesota #2

Win and they will come.

We fired the biggest reason for our decline so all good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of this is 2015 was a very nice attendance year where we had very high hopes with Jerry Kill and everything was going great.

I'm sure a lot of that was due to the bad record in 2014 lowering season ticket sales, having 4 11am games, not having any late games, having 2 games right before home hockey games, and not playing Nebraska or Wisconsin at home.

I would say the decline was the loss of Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Michigan replaced by Iowa (strong) Rutgers (who?), and Illinois.

I would say the decline was the loss of Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Michigan replaced by Iowa (strong) Rutgers (who?), and Illinois.

IL was a road game.

OMG, East Carolina pulled in larger crowds than us??? Now THAT is fricking embarrassing!!!

We fired the biggest reason for our decline so all good now.

But the decline in attendance may be the real reason for the firing.

Having Wisconsin and Nebraska fans buying tickets didn't hurt either.

2015 also had TCU and Michigan (as BroncoR stated) both playing at TCF too. Now add in the "Buy 2" deal and now single game tickets for NE & WI, or at least not for awhile and he have great attendance numbers.

NE and WI are coming back this year so with or without Claeys/Fleck attendance numbers are going up in 2017.

2015 also had TCU and Michigan (as BroncoR stated) both playing at TCF too. Now add in the "Buy 2" deal and now single game tickets for NE & WI, or at least not for awhile and he have great attendance numbers.

NE and WI are coming back this year so with or without Claeys/Fleck attendance numbers are going up in 2017.

Here is your answer folks.

The 2015 schedule was really nice with TCU, Michigan, Nebraska, and Wisconsin at TCF. I think it will rise quite a bit next season and hopefully continue to trend upwards

Another BIG reason

We do have ticket holders who are both Viking and Gopher fans that have season tickets for both. Last year was the year that Viking fans
had to put up the big bucks. Hopefully when it gets back to normal we will see them back at TCF.

The red-clad fans will help ticket sales considerably this season.

In 2015 we had a very attractive schedule including two visitors who help fill the seats (and many bought two-packs to get their tickets) and we were coming off our first New Year's Day bowl game in 50 years. Great attendance.

In 2016 we had a miserable schedule, with only Iowa to fill seats as visitors (and they didn't do it), were coming off a disappointing 5-7 season and had a large spike in the required donation. Disappointing attendance.

In 2017 we're coming off a nine-win season, have a more attractive schedule and, while donation prices have not gone down (yet), we know they're not going up. Good attendance, at least, and probably better than that.

There are hundreds of us on this board that predicted very low attendance for 2016 years ago when schedules were announced. I was thinking it would be more like 35%.

Given the huge number of early season AM kick-offs, attendance was actually much better than anyone could have expected.

There are hundreds of us on this board that predicted very low attendance for 2016 years ago when schedules were announced. I was thinking it would be more like 35%.

Given the huge number of early season AM kick-offs, attendance was actually much better than anyone could have expected.

Ssshhhhh. Must never allude to donation increases...:cool:

Top Bottom