Votes: 31 24.8%
  • McLaurin

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Estes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I think Demry and Seth battle it out early in the season with Seth eventually winning it. Rhoda and Mclaurin might get a few snaps but not many. Morgan, Estes and Roste redshirt. Williams is gone and either transfers, PJ doesn't let him back on the team or he switches to another position when he gets back.

I hope anyone but Rhoda. Rhoda has a low ceiling and is gone after the year.

I hope anyone but Rhoda. Rhoda has a low ceiling and is gone after the year.

Mainly why I think it will go to one of the 2 we redshirted last season. But if Rhoda really does give us the best chance to win then he should play. I just haven't seen anything in his time that would indicate that.

Like I said earlier, I initially thought the same, but important to note that we haven't seen "his" player at QB. First half of his first season, he started a senior QB he inherited. Then he switched to a redshirt freshman, who he also inherited. That was Tanner Morgan, who has started every WMU game since.

Tanner Morgan is at the U of M my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The competition got more interesting today.

Mainly why I think it will go to one of the 2 we redshirted last season. But if Rhoda really does give us the best chance to win then he should play. I just haven't seen anything in his time that would indicate that.

You have to have the future in mind too. Playing Rhoda might give us the most wins this year, but playing someone else might result in more wins in future years.

You have to have the future in mind too. Playing Rhoda might give us the most wins this year, but playing someone else might result in more wins in future years.

Developing the younger kids for another year doesn't necessarily mean we are ruining their future. Fleck said he plans to improve on this past season. If he thinks Rhoda gives him the best chance to win this year he will do that

Developing the younger kids for another year doesn't necessarily mean we are ruining their future. Fleck said he plans to improve on this past season. If he thinks Rhoda gives him the best chance to win this year he will do that

I'd argue real game experience is pretty valuable for developing a kid.

If we're playing a QB for future success, then we will never be a good program. Play the guy who is going to give us the best chance to win now.

I think Green will start, Croft will back him up, and Rhoda will be 3rd string.

But it's early. They're all close enough that any of them could win the starting spot with a strong offseason.

I'm amazed at why so many are so high on Green. All reports last year was that he had a long ways to go, and he was a fit for the previous system. Now he's still only a RS FR, couldn't win a starting job in high school, and is not a fit for Fleck's system, yet people keep thinking he's going to start?

Green is a great athlete, but I'll be surprised if he ever starts at QB for the Gophers.

I'm amazed at why so many are so high on Green. All reports last year was that he had a long ways to go, and he was a fit for the previous system. Now he's still only a RS FR, couldn't win a starting job in high school, and is not a fit for Fleck's system, yet people keep thinking he's going to start?

Green is a great athlete, but I'll be surprised if he ever starts at QB for the Gophers.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

Because Green is a much better runner than thrower. Fleck's system is based on accurate passing and getting the ball into the playmakers hands. Just don't think Green is capable. Has a QB that failed to win his starting HS job ever gone on to be a good or great P5 QB? I don't know the answer to that but I'd guess it's very few if any. I know someone mentioned Rhoda split time in HS but I'm not exactly excited about him potentially starting either.

It's also why Fleck keeps saying he's going to aim high at QB for next year's class. He knows this position needs a huge upgrade.

Because Green is a much better runner than thrower. Fleck's system is based on accurate passing and getting the ball into the playmakers hands. Just don't think Green is capable. Has a QB that failed to win his starting HS job ever gone on to be a good or great P5 QB? I don't know the answer to that but I'd guess it's very few if any. I know someone mentioned Rhoda split time in HS but I'm not exactly excited about him potentially starting either.

It's also why Fleck keeps saying he's going to aim high at QB for next year's class. He knows this position needs a huge upgrade.

I was just wondering. For the record I don't think you should call it Fleck's system. Ciarrocca is the OC. From what I know about WMU offense they were a top rushing offense and middle of the pack passing offense (last year anyway as I've never followed WMU). I know he has had some awesome WR and duo WRs before. But that's about it I guess. I don't think we've seen enough of Green to say what type of QB he will be other than he's an athletic one who can run the ball also. From the practices I went to his release was slow but I don't remember him being less accurate than any of the others.

Rhoda starting with Morgan being platooned in.

It will be fun to watch the Spring and Fall practices to see who separate themselves. I think Conner Rhoda being the one with game experience may factor in early with a second and third string yet to be determined.

Things may change as the season progresses.

I was just wondering. For the record I don't think you should call it Fleck's system. Ciarrocca is the OC. From what I know about WMU offense they were a top rushing offense and middle of the pack passing offense (last year anyway as I've never followed WMU). I know he has had some awesome WR and duo WRs before. But that's about it I guess. I don't think we've seen enough of Green to say what type of QB he will be other than he's an athletic one who can run the ball also. From the practices I went to his release was slow but I don't remember him being less accurate than any of the others.

You're right. WMU had the 19th rated offense. The run game was rated much higher than the passing game. I never would have guessed that. The presence of Corey Davis probably helped open up the run game. The other thing is, they had big leads in a lot of games, which obviously helps the run game stats.

Green without question has the most natural talent of any of our QB's in terms of size, arm strength and athleticism. He is like a Mitch with a bigger arm and superior speed. I do know that the old staff considered Green to be the QB of the future but they wanted a stop gap guy like Ta'amu so they wouldn't have to throw him in the fire. We'll see how Fleck views him though but I think he ultimately wins it.

Spring ball is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see some of the battles -- especially at QB.

"Can't touch him in a phone booth, and when he opens the door to run out of the phone booth, you ain't gonna catch him." - PJ Fleck

So I love our new coach and all his sayings, but I heard this on the radio and hadn't a clue what the fleck it means. Anybody care to explain this analogy?

The 8 guys that voted for McLaurin may be the least knowledgeable posters on GH...

So I love our new coach and all his sayings, but I heard this on the radio and hadn't a clue what the fleck it means. Anybody care to explain this analogy?

It just means he's very elusive. So much so that you can't even tackle him in a space as small as a phone booth. He's obviously exaggerating a little, but the kid is definitely very fast and quick.

Mitchell Jonke, the co-starter with Green at Allen ended up signing with Brown and had several other Ivy league offers. So not like he competed with a complete scrub. Plus there are politics involved in that level of football.

Mitchell Jonke, the co-starter with Green at Allen ended up signing with Brown and had several other Ivy league offers. So not like he competed with a complete scrub. Plus there are politics involved in that level of football.

Ok so a guy that couldn't beat out a QB that went to Brown is going to win a B1G West title?

If we're playing a QB for future success, then we will never be a good program. Play the guy who is going to give us the best chance to win now.

How do you figure that?

Ok so a guy that couldn't beat out a QB that went to Brown is going to win a B1G West title?

Mitch got us very close multiple years. I know the QB is the most important player on the field but the rest of the team can be ELITE and win the west title with a less than ELITE QB. Anyway after all your Coyle defending this just seems like you'll hate green no matter what he does during his college career just because he was named in this fiasco. It will be a fun 6 months until we find out who the starter is and who knows maybe we won't know at the start of the season either. Since you are so passionate about Green sucking, why don't you try to throw out another name and prove why you are so confident they will be the starter so we can all mock you.

Mitch got us very close multiple years. I know the QB is the most important player on the field but the rest of the team can be ELITE and win the west title with a less than ELITE QB. Anyway after all your Coyle defending this just seems like you'll hate green no matter what he does during his college career just because he was named in this fiasco. It will be a fun 6 months until we find out who the starter is and who knows maybe we won't know at the start of the season either. Since you are so passionate about Green sucking, why don't you try to throw out another name and prove why you are so confident they will be the starter so we can all mock you.

Don't hate Green at all, he's a great athlete, just don't think he'll make it at QB. I'm excited Winfield and Shenault are back, they will definitely help next year. After Leidner, I'm just ready for a QB that can throw the ball around. Not sure it'll be this year though. I think it'll be Rhoda or maybe Croft if he doesn't transfer and hopefully Morgan can redshirt. Then next year Morgan and whoever they bring in can compete for the job.

Top Bottom