• Estes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
Who will be the starting QB week 1?

I went with Morgan, but would be happy if Croft is ready.

As others have said, Morgan of he's ready. It's a lot to ask of true Freshman, but I get the sense that he's mature beyond his years. It could be a little rocky at first, but the two ELITE running backs should help smooth out the bumps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morgan if he's ready. he's fleck's guy.

Would be best for Gophers if it was DC11 or SG17.

Any word on Green? I suppose we will learn tomorrow I presume.

Neil McLaurin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil McLaurin got my vote. I think people are selling him short.

Neil McLaurin got my vote. I think people are selling him short.

I went with Morgan because I think PJ will go young early with his new team but Neil has my vote for next choice.
Tanner has an unusual throwing style but looks to be very accurate and has good escape tools

I think you guys are sleeping on Green I think he starts if he can play next year.

I'm going Green or Morgan with very slight chance of Croft. I personally can't fathom mclaurin or Rhoda but I've been wrong plenty of times.

Green. This isn't HS any more. It's the B1G.

I went with Morgan because I think PJ will go young early with his new team but Neil has my vote for next choice.
Tanner has an unusual throwing style but looks to be very accurate and has good escape tools

Agree about the escape tools, and he throws very well on the run. There a lot of Aaron Rodgers style plays in his highlight video.

Right now Demry has the best chance IMO but i'd lean slightly towards Green if he isn't suspended and I think Green would be the longterm guy as well. I think both have more natural talent than Morgan, both are more experienced (in practice) and I don't think he'll have an advantage just because "he's Fleck's guy." Zach Terrell wasn't a Fleck recruit either I don't believe.

Rhoda and Mclaurin chances are definitely better than zero but I'd be slightly surprised if the win the job.

Can't fathom a scenario where Estes, Williams or Roste win it.

Also I don't think Demry or Rhoda will have an advantage just because they've played a little or in Rhoda's case started and won a Big Ten game. If they do win the job, it'll be because of all the reps they've gotten in practice and years in the program. The 16 in-game passes Rhoda has thrown will not give him an advantage.

I voted McLaurin, the pressure will be on PJF to win and win right away, so I'm guessing he will go with a QB with a little college experience, even if its only at the JC level. But my guess is that he'll have another QB, the best of the new younger QBs waiting in the wings in case McLaurin doesn't succeed. But I could be wrong, very wrong in this regard, and it won't bother me. It's not unheard of to have true freshman QBs come out of nowhere and make an instant impact in cfb, and I'm hoping that happens next year, because that could mean 3-4 years of incredible results for Gopher fb, seeing as QB is the one position we never seem to be able to hit a home run with.

And whoever it is, what happens to the other 5 guys with talent?

Rhoda

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

My money ison an unknown walk-on wearing an afro wig and a pair of Groucho glasses who calls himself Litch Meidner.

My money ison an unknown walk-on wearing an afro wig and a pair of Groucho glasses who calls himself Litch Meidner.

Seems reasonable. The Cowpokes thought they had issues having 2 "franchise QBs". Wait til they draft Leidner and have 3. A literal embarrassment of riches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Estes takes over the QB position sometime his freshman or sophomore year. I think many are looking over him because of his size, but if we are looking for pure talent this kid has it.

His first throw is a thing of beauty, and comes from a very strong high school program.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3703940/reyondous-estes

I wouldn't be surprised if Estes takes over the QB position sometime his freshman or sophomore year. I think many are looking over him because of his size, but if we are looking for pure talent this kid has it.

His first throw is a thing of beauty, and comes from a very strong high school program.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3703940/reyondous-estes

"Can't touch him in a phone booth, and when he opens the door to run out of the phone booth, you ain't gonna catch him." - PJ Fleck

Top Bottom