Howpher

LakerFan

Reaction score
Heard Coach Fleck refer to recruits as Howphers not Gophers yet. Anyone have the Fleck to english translation on that? If he explained it somewhere I missed it. Not trolling, feeling optimistic about the new coach and the future, but I'm struggling to keep up with the semantics.

Heard Coach Fleck refer to recruits as Howphers not Gophers yet. Anyone have the Fleck to english translation on that? If he explained it somewhere I missed it. Not trolling, feeling optimistic about the new coach and the future, but I'm struggling to keep up with the semantics.
I'm assuming that he's trying to emphasize that Gopher recruits are guys that will figure out "How" to get the job done where others have fallen short.

Maybe someone should start an "All Things Fleckisms" thread.

back in the day, in the old school it was termed gottawanta

7 posts in and no one has stuck their nose up Fleck's backend yet spouting about this will motivate and create "culture". GH is slipping indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call them Flecker's Howpher Hoofers

I'm fine with it, as long as we're not getting the chili hot.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think years ago, some would just refer to it as "guts".

Thinking this Fleckism is not going to get traction. But seriously, if he builds on last year's record and routinely wins 9+ regular season games, I couldn't care less.

Win games, traction.

Best slogans ever and lose games, no traction.

In the meantime they're fun.

Thinking this Fleckism is not going to get traction. But seriously, if he builds on last year's record and routinely wins 9+ regular season games, I couldn't care less.

Exactly.

If he starts winning 10+ games per year like Wisconsin, he can wear flippers and a sombrero on the sidelines.

Exactly.

If he starts winning 10+ games per year like Wisconsin, he can wear flippers and a sombrero on the sidelines.

OuWCL.jpg

Go Gophers!!

If we're beating good teams 10+ wins and it requires flippers I suggest we go all the way and install one of these in the open end of the stadium:

Top Bottom