Fleck: Six Healthy Offensive Lineman for Spring Ball

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
Just said it at his press conference. We'll be lucky to have a spring walk-through for the spring game.

Just said it at his press conference. We'll be lucky to have a spring walk-through for the spring game.

This makes me think we are going to have a defection or two coming from this group that we haven't heard about yet. We have 13 OL (scholarships and walk-on). It's certainly possible that 7 of them could be hurt, but that seems like a lot.

This makes me think we are going to have a defection or two coming from this group that we haven't heard about yet. We have 13 OL (scholarships and walk-on). It's certainly possible that 7 of them could be hurt, but that seems like a lot.

He also said there were 19 off season surgeries I'm going to assume a lot of those were O-Lineman

Fleck's comments makes it sound like he's willing to pickup JUCOs for now but long term is not going to focus on that.

Did OL Jimmie Terry decommit because of admissions issues or was he encouraged to do so?

We could sure use him.

Did OL Jimmie Terry decommit because of admissions issues or was he encouraged to do so?

We could sure use him.

He was encouraged to do so. He is the recruit that guy a call from an assistant letting him know that his scholarship offer was revoked.

Yeah, he'd be pretty helpful this season.

He was encouraged to do so. He is the recruit that guy a call from an assistant letting him know that his scholarship offer was revoked.

Yeah, he'd be pretty helpful this season.

Would he? According to 247 he didn't sign with anyone...

PJ just said he still has some scholarships left.... no idea how these numbers work

one or two

PJ just noted he "needs to recruit Sid more".

How is that even possible?

Coach Speak

He told the seniors the other day we were building on 9 and 4 this coming season. He cries poverty for spring football about offensive linemen.
Keep in mind at WMU they had a walk through for their spring game. It's how he prefers to do it. He's just selling the reason for the unpopular
spring game format. JMO

Not sure I understand. Walk through. Meaning no tackling etc., simply going through the motions of running plays with very little or no contact.

Not sure I understand. Walk through. Meaning no tackling etc., simply going through the motions of running plays with very little or no contact.

correct...did it at WMU and went 13 and 1...I'm sure he sees no need to change

Would he? According to 247 he didn't sign with anyone...

Oh, I have no idea how good he is. I'm not dumb to pretend that I know how good certain players are based on recruiting profiles. We did really well with JuCo OL last season, so I trust the staff's judgement.

Do I know anything about Terry? Nah. I just meant it would have helped to add a JuCo OL.

correct...did it at WMU and went 13 and 1...I'm sure he sees no need to change

60's is right on the money.

KALAMAZOO, MI -- Western Michigan football coach P.J. Fleck could not have asked for much more from Saturday's spring game.

The Broncos took the field at 11 a.m. for their annual "Wooden Oar" game, which featured an offense versus defense matchup with no tackling.
http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2016/04/western_michigan_football_spri.html

Brewster didn't have enough players for a spring game.
It has happened before.

I always chuckle when the Spring Game comes up..."it doesn't count if it's not a real game!" Amusing.

It's a spring football game. Fun. Means a fraction above nothing. Practises mean 100,000% more.

I always chuckle when the Spring Game comes up..."it doesn't count if it's not a real game!" Amusing.

It's a spring football game. Fun. Means a fraction above nothing. Practises mean 100,000% more.

Which is what they do before the spring game - practice.

Jim McElwain had 6 healthy O-Linemen his first spring practice at Florida, when he was installing the offense & he & staff were getting familiar with the roster. It definitely complicated their task & impacted that season.

Shoot - if all you have is 6, you can't even have a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom