Lee Hutton on with Doogie

Reaction score
Very good podcast with Doogie, brings some light to this whole situation. I would suggest if you are interested in learning about how our esteemed institution has handled the case and the allegations well you won't be surprised because it's a complete joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about halfway done...very interesting interview. Obviously, there are 2 sides to every story, but some upsetting issues if true.

Hutton talks about death threats that he, his clients and his partners have received among others.

If one third of what Hutton says is true regarding the process, the U will and should pay in the multi-millions and the Administration that is defending this process and result should be purged. I know most will not listen, but should.

If one third of what Hutton says is true regarding the process, the U will and should pay in the multi-millions and the Administration that is defending this process and result should be purged. I know most will not listen, but should.

+1. Chilling.

I'm only halfway through. I guess I had assumed Hutton was representing the players pro bono. Did he say he and the players have been "warned" that someone will be watching to make sure the players are paying their fair share of Hutton's fee? I suppose there are NCAA regulations on this type of thing and that we as boosters couldn't set up some kind of legal fund for the players. I see an audit of Hutton's firm coming to make sure that he billed at the full rate and for all of his time (sorry - my business side coming out). While much of what he is saying should be understood as spin, he is discussing some pretty damning things. This whole situation sucks so badly.

Lee's job is to present a specific POV... accurate or not.

No fan of the process, I just wouldn't take Lee's word on any of it.

I listened to the whole interview. If even half of what Lee Hutton says is correct, the U is in major trouble with their position and the players should win out in the end.

Lee's job is to present a specific POV... accurate or not.

No fan of the process, I just wouldn't take Lee's word on any of it.

Agree with this post. The things Lee says are eye opening, but there is a reason that he is a partner at a law firm. I thought it was fairly inappropriate to name the other girl as a hockey player. Why drag her into this to that extent?

Agree with this post. The things Lee says are eye opening, but there is a reason that he is a partner at a law firm. I thought it was fairly inappropriate to name the other girl as a hockey player. Why drag her into this to that extent?

I'm not making any comment on whether naming her as a hockey player is right or not, but I think the reason he did is it shows the disparate treatment that the EOAA gave football players as potential witnesses (threatening to put a hold on their academic record, having the Athletic Department put pressure on Claeys to force the players to participate in the interviews, per Hutton) and another athlete who was a potential witness (no pressure from her coach to force her to participate and no threat of academic hold).

Her being an athlete for a major sport at the U is an important part of that argument.

Interview is really interesting and must listen. Granted its an opportunity for Lee Hutton to pass on his agenda so regardless of your opinion on the matter you have to take it with a grain of salt.

In addition, the fact that Doogie has 58 episodes is astonishing. He is one terrible interviewer.

Interview is really interesting and must listen. Granted its an opportunity for Lee Hutton to pass on his agenda so regardless of your opinion on the matter you have to take it with a grain of salt.

In addition, the fact that Doogie has 58 episodes is astonishing. He is one terrible interviewer.

It is a very interesting interview.

My experiences with Title IX offices when I was in law school were the most shocking betrayals of justice that I have ever witnessed in my entire legal career. The key was that these investigations had absolutely no interest in the truth (in my opinion). There are obviously other unjust systems, but they are usually due to personal bias, resource issues, etc. This system was designed to be unfair.

Keep in mind, this had nothing to do with the U of MN and the people that I worked with were all non-athletes (from what I can remember).

Huh? Look at the OP. What do you think we've been talking about?

Doogie's podcast that GL provided a link for in post #2.

Email death threats that he said were from faculty, but did a complete backpeddle when Doogie asked if it was confirmed who it was from. Seems like he is just throwing out a bunch of stuff trying to get people on his side. Until he actually presents the threats, I would say take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, because LH has no need to expand this story for self gain. We're the threats reported to the proper authorities?

LOL.

People were making fun of you asking for a source.

The source of the allegations that they received threats was LH. Whether or not you believe him, that's up to you. But he is the source. LOL.

Email death threats that he said were from faculty, but did a complete backpeddle when Doogie asked if it was confirmed who it was from. Seems like he is just throwing out a bunch of stuff trying to get people on his side. Until he actually presents the threats, I would say take it with a grain of salt.

Source?

LOL.

People were making fun of you asking for a source.

The source of the allegations that they received threats was LH. Whether or not you believe him, that's up to you. But he is the source. LOL.

This

+ 1, unless it will upset BobLoblaw, then +100

I think I'll pass on Mr. Hutton's take on the situation. The fact that the interview was done by Doogie compounds my level of disinterest.

Too classic. Those that have eaten everything the EOAA has fed them are now accusing LH of lying. Take what he says about the incident with a grain of salt, but why on earth would he lie about the threats that can be easily proved/disproved. That isn't a he-said/she-said situation.

Top Bottom