Pioneer Press: Ex-Gophers Hageman, Campbell thrilled to be Super Bowl teammates

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Tomasson:

“It’s crazy,’’ Hageman said Monday night at Super Bowl Opening Night at Minute Maid Park. “We both got drafted by the same team, and it’s a blessing that we’re both here. It’s just cool. He’s one of my home boys. For us to be here both is wonderful.

“(When the Falcons arrived Sunday), we just looked at each other. … It was like we had ESP and we could read each other’s minds.’’

Eventually, the two did talk after they arrived in Houston. Campbell said they recalled a conversation from early in the season about wanting to get to the Super Bowl.

“It was just wild, man, because we remembered how we used to talk about how we wanted to be in this situation,’’ Campbell said. “This is such a rare opportunity or us to be here, and to be able to experience it with one another is just a blessing.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/3...illed-to-be-super-bowl-teammates-for-falcons/

Go Gophers!!

Being originally from Atlanta still have friends who follow the Falcons.

They are happy that the Minnesota-Georgia pipeline goes back down south to Atlanta.

Both players have made a name and folks know they are Gophers.

This is a good thing.

Pioneer Press: Ex-Gopher Ra’Shede Hageman feels ready for ‘big stage’ of Super Bowl

Hageman’s father, Eric, his mother, Jill Coyle, and brother Xavier will arrive Friday in Houston for the game. Eric Hageman said there will be other family members and friends on hand for group of about a dozen.

“This whole playoff run has been a lot of fun,’’ Eric said.

It’s been well chronicled how lawyers Eric Hageman and Coyle adopted Ra’Shede and Xavier in 1998 when they were 8 and 7, respectively. Their father by birth had died; their biological mother had spent time in prison because of drug and alcohol issues. When they were 4 and 3 years old, the boys were found in the closet of a crack house and moved into the foster care system.

“Ra’Shede at some point would like to have it be not about his adoption story but about his football,’’ Eric said. “There’s been about 50 of those (adoption) stories.’’

A good game Sunday would help change the narrative. Still, Hageman said he did reflect after the Falcons beat Green Bay about the difficult days when he was young.

“Just the fact that I made it to the big stage, I just sit back and kind of think where I came from and that helps me,” Hageman said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/0...eman-feels-ready-for-big-stage-of-super-bowl/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom