Dick Jonckowski to step aside at end of season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

After 31 years behind the microphone courtside at Williams Arena, 2017 will mark the final season for Minnesota men’s basketball public address announcer Dick Jonckowski.

Jonckowski, who will continue to serve as PA announcer at Gopher baseball games, was recognized for 30 years of work last season. He is one of two individuals to serve as the public address announcer in the 89-year history of Williams Arena, preceded by Jules Perlt who did so for 58 years.

“I am very proud to always represent the U of M,” said Jonckowski, who has announced more than 600 games at Williams Arena. He will continue to represent the school as the public address announcer at Gopher baseball games, along with his speaking engagements and public appearances.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/013117aaa.html

Go Polish Eagle!!

My favorite dick moment was about 25 years ago. The Gopher have just stormed back to take a lead in a critical Big Ten match. The visiting team took a time out and the pep band started playing the rouser and the crowd is going nuts. Dick yelled over the PA for the back him to stop playing and proceeded to announce that Ted Robinson was moving onto a new job.

we lost the momentum and the game.

Not the way I wanted to start my morning. Can we clone him? Or have a robot that has his voice?

I want a Jules Perlt tribute announcer.

Top Bottom